Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:09:15 PM EDT
I'll be needing a chasing partner this spring.  May time frame.  I have quite a bit of equipement.  Im Me if anyone is interested.  I just need a driver, if anyone else feels adventerous.  

ETA: to add that I'm a Meteorlogy major and I can provide picks of the the cells that I forecast going severe.  I'm just gettingstarted.  I know how to stay out of trouble.  I just need a driver.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Chickens.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was really friendly with the meterologist at the TV station I worked at. He started at a station in Lubbock, TX
I'd help if I had the time. I always wanted to try it. Even before that damn twister movie
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't take that much to stick you're head out the window to see what's going on.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll do it.

Im experienced!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Spent a summer riding around with a friend's chasing crew, oklahoma and texas mostly. I'd be interested if there's money in it
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I had to give it up; it just took too much time away from playing Russian roulette
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It doesn't take that much to stick you're head out the window to see what's going on.  

taking the contractions out:

It does not take that much to stick you are head out the window to see what is going on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll do it.

Im experienced!

I see, I'm not interested in your comments.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll do it.

Im experienced!

I see, I'm not interested in your comments.

You're only experienced because I put you there!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Have never chased, but did some spotting for Lancaster Co. CD.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you happy now?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#12]
You can always take out you soul train chasing.  I can guarantee you won't get the results that I do.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Been on the news a couple of times and seen a few in my day.

My last time out scared the bejesus out of me though, and I'm not going for awhile.

ETA: I was coming back from a full day and didn't expect anything more. It was already dark out and the only reason I knew it was there was because it took out a barn about an eighth mile to my left. I consider myself lucky.

NEVER go storm hunting at night.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
We don't have to chase storms in Fl, they find us.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

god wishes to smite you for having too much NFA goodness in one house
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm jealous....  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]
If your such the man, and you know who you are then defend yourself.  I'd love to see what the ARFCOM  hivemind has to say about this shit.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If your such the man, and you know who you are then defend yourself.  I'd love to see what the ARFCOM  hivemind has to say about this shit.  

Me?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me?

No, as far as I can tell you're a fairly respectable guy.  No, this is for the other butt head who decicded I was too dumb to figure out his shit.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm a SKYWARN Spotter. I don't chase em. I look for them and run and call NWS by phone or ham radio

Then I go hide....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#23]
ARG!!!  Just go work on the car, like you'fe supposed too!!  See, for me it's somewhat differnent..  It's my knowledge that gets me where I'm going.  If someone wants to see a supercell blow up from nothing, then I can do that..   I'm working on the tornadic thing.  You can't even keep a job.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'll be needing a chasing partner this spring.  May time frame.  I have quite a bit of equipement.  Im Me if anyone is interested.  I just need a driver, if anyone else feels adventerous.  

ETA: to add that I'm a Meteorlogy major and I can provide picks of the the cells that I forecast going severe.  I'm just gettingstarted.  I know how to stay out of trouble.  I just need a driver.

Wish I lived closer, my daughter & I love chasing storms!!! We have caught a few good ones up here, seen several funnels & some awesome storm fronts but haven't actually seen any tornados yet.

I bet you have some great stories you could tell!!

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I chase snowstorms

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
ARG!!!  Just go work on the car, like you'fe supposed too!!  See, for me it's somewhat differnent..  It's my knowledge that gets me where I'm going.  If someone wants to see a supercell blow up from nothing, then I can do that..   I'm working on the tornadic thing.  You can't even keep a job.

Out of curiousity, who exactly are these comments referring to?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish I lived closer, my daughter & I love chasing storms!!! We have caught a few good ones up here, seen several funnels & some awesome storm fronts but haven't actually seen any tornados yet.

I bet you have some great stories you could tell!!

IM me and I'll let you know when that stuff is supposed to happen.   I know lots of other people who could tell much better stories than me.  I just need a babysitter.  

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I forgot to add that Mr. Cranium can bite me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#29]
sounds like fun. If I lived in TX I'd be into something like that. I have always been into tornadoes for some reason and have never seen one
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
sounds like fun. If I lived in TX I'd be into something like that. I have always been into tornadoes for some reason and have never seen one

Depend on where abouts you live in AZ?  Depending on where you are, it may not be too long of a drive to actually see one.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Did I say Bite Me, Mr. Cranium?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depend on where abouts you live in AZ?  Depending on where you are, it may not be too long of a drive to actually see one.  

I live in PHX
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#33]
What are these things called storms/  I can chase the occasional rainbow, but that is about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What are these things called storms/  I can chase the occasional rainbow, but that is about it.

must be from San Francisco huh?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been through 20 hurricanes and God only knows how many TS's in my life time thus far... do people from Siberia like to play in permafrost?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

must be from San Francisco huh?

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Skywarn spotter, EMA spotter, Ham operator.

Just did the Nov 6th Tornado in Evansville IN that kilt 20 odd people. I've seen a few.

The Vanderburgh County EMA in Evansville is now sending out the current radar image to the spotters in the field using slow scan TV over 2 meter radio. I thunk it up. Works to give a spotter the current radar image onto a laptop so we can get around to the right angle to see the rain free base. Net Control sends out the Doppler updates as they update on Weatherunderground.

If I could make a living chasing storms, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Hmpf, if someone is totally interested in helping me pissing off Mr. I will not take care of my kids.  Please let me know.    I am interested in furthering my career.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hmpf, if someone is totally interested in helping me pissing off Mr. I will not take care of my kids.  Please let me know.    I am interested in furthering my career.  

Are you fucking nuts or do you just make up conversations and post them here to make no sense?

WHO DO YOU KEEP TYPING TO?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you fucking nuts or do you just make up conversations and post them here to make no sense?

I am referring to Mr. Cranium.  He knows who he is.  If any of you upstanding gentlemen are willing to help me storm chase, let me know.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing RichardCranium033 who posted exactly once and didn't say anything bad.

Must have really gotten under her skin. It is pretty scary watching her have a conversation with nobody.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Uh......well, OK then...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing RichardCranium033 who posted exactly once and didn't say anything bad.

Must have really gotten under her skin. It is pretty scary watching her have a conversation with nobody.

That's because Mr. Cranium is a totall weenie and I was married to him for 12 years.  Quit his first job before we got back from the honeymoon.  Did I say Quit?  Let's see, he got FIRED from the next four jobs he had.  Yeah, I know.  I was a big dumb ass for putting up with this shit.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Im a storm spotter for the local emergency management here in our city so i do it every year!! i love it!!

Being a volunteer i have learned alot,i have been to several diff weather and spotter schools, plus i get all the cool equiptment for free!! my son ususally goes with me, we live in southern oklahoma sowe see some hairy stuff during the spring time
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Im a storm spotter for the local emergency management here in our city so i do it every year!! i love it!!

Being a volunteer i have learned alot,i have been to several diff weather and spotter schools, plus i get all the cool equiptment for free!! my son ususally goes with me, we live in southern oklahoma sowe see some hairy stuff during the spring time

That is sooo cool!  If it wern't for spotters the death toll would be much higher!  My goal is to figure out the dianamics of tornados so that they are somewhat forecastable.  If you know how they form and what leads to them forming, this is what I'm out to learn.  I'll figure it out sooner or later.  And jsut to add, since this isn't in the team forum.  Mr. Cranium can bite me.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If any of you upstanding gentlemen are willing to help me storm chase, let me know.  

I'll be passing on that offer. You should take your love quarrel to IM, he is winning by making you look crazy as shit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If any of you upstanding gentlemen are willing to help me storm chase, let me know.  

I'll be passing on that offer. You should take your love quarrel to IM, he is winning by making you look crazy as shit.

Fargin a hole won't do the Im thing with me.  He'd rather call me on the phone.  And get his jabs in on the net.  I'm totally trying to start my life over and do the right thing.  But he he has to rear his ugly head.  ARRGGG!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#48]
We just sit here in Pensacola, FL  and they come to use!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fargin a hole won't do the Im thing with me.  He'd rather call me on the phone.  And get his jabs in on the net.  I'm totally trying to start my life over and do the right thing.  But he he has to rear his ugly head.  ARRGGG!!!

Block his phone number and ignore him on here.

I would do it too if I was back in the States.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top