Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:56:36 PM EDT
Just an observation from the Golden Globes:

Felicity Huffman- Transamerica (XY-Y +E2 = XX?)
Brokenback Mountain - (straight actors playing repressed gay cowboys)
Phillip Seymour Hoffman - Capote (Gay actor playing a straight man who was probably ghey)

It seems that alternative America is the main theme this year in Hollyweird.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
homos are "brave" and worthy of our worship apparently
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The movie industry is a big mutual admiration society.  They could give a flying fuck about what a bunch of ignorant hicks think.  They've written you out of their demographics for audiences years ago.  Crying and bitching isn't going to make a damn bit of difference to them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is.  Now adays its okay to be gay.  we should hope to be as brave and selfless as the poor repressed phags we see every where.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I noticed that,

Man, are they out of touch with mainstream America.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Phillip Seymour Hoffman - Capote (Gay actor playing a straight man who was probably ghey)

actually, a straight actor playing an openly gay writer
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Huh? PSH is not gay, didn't you see him in Happiness? He was totally into that chick on the phone...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]
In case you haven't noticed, Hollywood has very few original ideas. They dig up something novel once in awhile, then everybody copies it:

Remember:

The ghey movie year (this one)
THe catastrophie movie year. (The last one or two)
The asteriod movie year. (A few years back)

ect. ect.

-efxguy
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see why people might think PSH is gay though, this is at least the 2nd (that I know of) gay part in a major film.  He played the flaming camera operator that had a crush on Dirk Diggler in "Boogie Nights".  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see why people might think PSH is gay though, this is at least the 2nd (that I know of) gay part in a major film.  He played the flaming camera operator that had a crush on Dirk Diggler in "Boogie Nights".  

true that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top