Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:33:27 PM EDT
Damn!  Had a cracked tooth worked on a couple of months ago and it hasn't been right since.  Started hurting Sat., was very sensitive to pressure, couldn't chew bread on the left side.  Not so bad to pressure today, but the area is swollen and sore.  Feels like infection down into my lower jaw.

This has come and gone a couple of times since the tooth was fixed.  Should have probably gone back the first time.

Any suggestions to get me by until I see the dentist on Thurs.?  I started with some Ibuprofen tonight, too early to tell if it's working.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Alieve
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Hydrocodone and antibiotics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]

+

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Oragel works OK
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
14 gauge needle, poke 'er in there and let all that yummy pus out
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I just went through all that, painful as hell.  The taste of the pus was NASTY!  Drain it if you can, take alieve or ibr.  and gargle with warm (as warm as you can stand it) salt water after everything you eat.  I ended up with about 8 trips to the dentist office with mine, they kept packing it with medicated pads until it healed....hurt like a mf'er.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a problem like this before.  Yeah, I was wondering about the pus factor.  Yummy!  Just cooled it of by eating some cold canned peaches and sloshing them around.  Feels pretty good right now.  Worse case; I'll call the dental clinic tomorrow and whine for an earlier appointment.  The Thurs. app. is with the same (cute) lady dentist who fixed the tooth last.  Maybe I should just get in there and get it fixed by whoever.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Jim Beam, rinse the affected area for 30 seconds, swallow and repeat as necessary. Careful though excessive rinsing will cause fluelike symptoms. I had an infected tooth so I stopped off at the liquor store and picked up one of those 1oz. bottles prescribed by my dentist, I thought he was  being a smart ass but tried it anyway and it worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]

+

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Worst case is a brain infection. This can happen within a few hours. Get it pulled and have it replaced with a copper jacketed  bullet depending on the size of the tooth.

The infection can be pretty serious. Get it looked at ASAP...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sucks man.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Lockjawpliers.jpg/180px-Lockjawpliers.jpg

+

unimaxsupply.com/md/bandaid.JPG

+1

Pull that sumbitch.

I highly recommend sitting backwards on the toilet lid, and leaning on the tank so that if/when you swoon from jerking it out, you don't fall and KO yourself on something.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]
oil of cloves and ice pack for swelling
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#14]
use an antiseptic (listerine is probably one of the best) to kill germs

I see alcohol was advised.  That would work as well, plus numb the pain up a bit...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll try the alcohol.  It's bedtime anyways.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably take a serious dose of Vitamine C
and several Multivitamines to keep a handle on infection
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top