Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 12:38:32 PM EDT
A friend from work brought in his IBA that he says he bought personally before being deployed to iraq, just in case there were none availiable.

He wants to unload it for 200 bucks, he is an honest guy as far as I know and a good soldier but I also know how soldiers have a amazing ability to "aquire" equiptment when the SHTF...

Should i steer clear of this item considering it could be stolen, or is it probably clean?  

I remember someone on here said there were no legit IBA plates availiable on the market??
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It can be legally purchased, BUT they sell for something like $1200 for just the vest.. Plates are extra.

If you friend had bought it himself, he would know this and not unload it for $200.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Gear adrift is a gift...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A friend from work brought in his IBA that he says he bought personally before being deployed to iraq, just in case there were none availiable.

He wants to unload it for 200 bucks, he is an honest guy as far as I know and a good soldier but I also know how soldiers have a amazing ability to "aquire" equiptment when the SHTF...

Should i steer clear of this item considering it could be stolen, or is it probably clean?  

I remember someone on here said there were no legit IBA plates availiable on the market??

Its stolen/or reported lost happens all the time.  It is pretty common actually have a freind that has supplied a few vest to folks I know.  He did not sell or buy them though he just came into them.  Fairly certain that in most cases D.O.D. does not mark them as property, worth checking though just in case.  Didn't the Interceptor have issues.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
RUN FOREST RUN!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
There was a news story a few months back (and a thread here), about the armed forces more aggressively pursuing stolen body armor cases.  Unless the seller could prove that he bought it, I'd stay away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There was a news story a few months back (and a thread here), about the armed forces more aggressively pursuing stolen body armor cases.  Unless the seller could prove that he bought it, I'd stay away.

wasn't that a supply Marine selling them on ebay???

I dont think I could get in any trouble for simply owning the vest though could I ??
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wasn't that a supply Marine selling them on ebay???

I dont think I could get in any trouble for simply owning the vest though could I ??

The vests are all serial numbered. That easily gives an investigator the clue as to its status. I know those that bought stolen vests had to give them up to Gov't agents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top