Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 11:05:25 AM EDT
Nothing huge, but it was a suprise. I just got a call out of the blue and tada! More money! It was completely unexpected, and I never asked for it. It'll put an extra 150 bucks in my pocket every month, which is alright by me. I'm already compensated fairly, so anything - even 10 bucks - is gravy, as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder what I should do with the extra scratch?
Disclaimer: no unions were responsible for my raise.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]

my 4 year review was last nov.  still no review  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]
150 bucks a month?
$1800 a year?

That means you need a few silencers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

you ask that question here?

Well, more ammo to shoot of course
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Well cool for you... They took away our pension plan and gave us a 5% raise!! w00t!! Cheep bastards!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well cool for you... They took away our pension plan and gave us a 5% raise!! w00t!! Cheep bastards!!

Ya, but you're a gunsmith. The "cool factor" alone would be worth it.

Normal Person: So, what did you do today?

Fat_McNasty: Dovetailed the slide on an early Colt for Novaks. I took some pictures, check this out...

Normal Person:

SubnetMask: Drew 15 Visio diagrams depicting a proposed IVR/ACD for a hospital, and joined two conference calls.

Normal Person:
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Congrats!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Fat_McNasty: Dovetailed the slide on an early Colt for Novaks. I took some pictures, check this out...

Normal Person:

SubnetMask: Drew 15 Visio diagrams depicting a proposed IVR/ACD for a hospital, and joined two conference calls.

Normal Person:

Sounds a little like bitching to me.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Normal Person:

Normal Person:

But But Im a Network Admin in the day job now with no pension.. But the gunsmith business does even out the crap.. So in the true arfcom fashon i got both!
And if things do go right this year I will be going full time in the shop..They can take there servers and shove them..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Put it in retirement, this just means they plan on canning you soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nothing huge, but it was a suprise. I just got a call out of the blue and tada! More money! It was completely unexpected, and I never asked for it. It'll put an extra 150 bucks in my pocket every month, which is alright by me. I'm already compensated fairly, so anything - even 10 bucks - is gravy, as far as I'm concerned.

Not trying to be a smart A$$ but if you were a Union member you'd get that or more every year!!! Wouldn't that SUCK
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Duh hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#15]
invest in high dividend paying stocks, reinvest the dividends, add a little every month, before you know you will have a wad of money.

When you retire, you go out to your mailbox and pick up checks every month

simple
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't get another raise until July 07.  

Stupid new pay scale.

That said, 07 will be a good year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]

I thought you were going to say, "your boss give you a raise."
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to be a smart A$$ but if you were a Union member you'd get that or more every year!!! Wouldn't that SUCK

Wait...wait...

...BWAAAAAA HA HA HA! . Ok, ok, I'm fine now.
<snort> <snicker> Pppppppppppp AHHHH HA HA HA!
<pant> <pant> Ahhhhh.....I needed that. Thanks.

Maybe I do need a union. We computer guys are over worked and underpaid. It's so bad right now, that I have to work out of my house and set my own hours. Management is so lazy, that they refuse to write a weapons policy. I'm so poor and underpaid, I had to nix the Shaker 1000 stereo, and the changing dash light options on my new Mustang. How do these fuckers sleep at night?

EEEEEEEE HA HA HA HA!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Carry on. Union... <snicker>
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top