Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 12:09:31 PM EDT
I stopped by this smoothie shop in Chinatown, and both the staff and customers were young Asian guys who talked, drank, and watched TV. It looked like a hangout more than a letigimate business.

Anyway, I ordered an overpriced smoothie, and it was horrible. My cashier had an arm full of tattoos so I wasn't going to complain.

So, what do you think? I have my suspicions.

-Bill
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:10:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WMW:
I stopped by this smoothie shop in Chinatown, and both the staff and customers were young Asian guys who talked, drank, and watched TV. It looked like a hangout more than a letigimate business.

Anyway, I ordered an overpriced smoothie, and it was horrible. My cashier had an arm full of tattoos so I wasn't going to complain.

-Bill

I have my suspicions about what was in that smoothie.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:12:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mattimeo:

-Bill

I have my suspicions about what was in that smoothie.

You're going to make me sick....again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:14:44 PM EDT
Lots of Asians hang out at Boba Shops
Mostly though they are university kids.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:23 PM EDT
It's not a smoothie its a protein shake.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:20:07 PM EDT
Dlaw down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:21:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 12:23:04 PM EDT by staraero]

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Dlaw down.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:22:13 PM EDT
Did you try the Cream of Someyoungguy smoothie?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:23:09 PM EDT
You go now!
We no want no trouble!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:24:47 PM EDT
Th protein smoothie is pay back for all you round eye devils
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:33:07 PM EDT
So, did this story have a happy ending?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:35:15 PM EDT
Why do you care again?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:35:40 PM EDT

-Bill

What kind of smoothie?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:36:15 PM EDT
I just left and threw the smoothie away outside the shop. It was mango flavor and artificially-colored and too much sugar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:37:26 PM EDT

-Bill

...same could be said of an inner-city barber shop, or a gun store in the boonies.

Whether the place is a front or not, you'll never know.

The ATF (Asian Task Force, not the gubbment) is not to be fucked with.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:44:03 PM EDT

-Bill

Oddly enough there is one at the intersection of Post Oak and Westheimer (Houston) near the Galleria (for the Houston crew) ....Jamba Juice and over Christmas we were in there. It seemed like an Al Qaeda hangout.....and had the same tattoo covered freak behind the counter.
Top Top