Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:20:56 AM EDT
...And i'm not talking about some of our more upstanding members, either.

Seriously. What's up with backwoods hicks? And I mean really backdwoods. Not the good-ol-boys who shoot the shit at the gun counter.

I just had a couple assholes come into the range with dirty ass bib overalls, no shirts on, apparently no drawers, either, since they couldn't work the side buttons, stinking to high hell, with dip spit running down their chins, looking like they were holding golf balls in their bottom lips, and wouldn't move their damned mouths when they spoke. And apparently Natural Light is some form of cologne, now, too.

Ever try to interpret redneck-ese when the fucker won't even move his lips to talk?

After I finally ascertain what these two dipshits want, and tell them our rates, they then go to cussing and raising up a storm about how we 'cost too much,' and they 'just want to shoot for a minute.'

All this in addition to the fact that if you can't take a bath, put on a shirt, and button your britches, and not wreak of fermented beverages, you're not shooting on my range anyway.

Honestly. I've seen folks like this come in here before, and had to ask them to leave, and also at my former job selling guns. Why the hell do people leave the house like this? Why can't they hook that shit out of their lip, and actually pronounce words, instead of mumbling?

Note: No offense to anyone that lives in trailers. I have lived in trailers. I can also bathe and dress myself. And I bet the majority of us can, as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:25:59 AM EDT
Not limited to "backwoods" people, but also "city" people - as in "inner city".

When living in Chicago, I remember there would regularly be news stories about new people they discovered living in the projects, raising their kids in dirt and filth and feces. Literally, people who just throw rotting garbage and trash in their living room, and have kids running around smared in their own shit, crapping in the corners - with giant roaches and maggots everywhere.

It boggles my mind how human beings can choose to live almost like animals.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:28:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

When living in Chicago, I remember there would regularly be news stories about new people they discovered living in the projects, raising their kids in dirt and filth and feces. Literally, people who just throw rotting garbage and trash in their living room, and have kids running around smared in their own shit, crapping in the corners - with giant roaches and maggots everywhere.

Eh, I suppose you're right. I just don't even happen to get those folks, being as it's kinda rural around here. I see a lot more of the backwoods folk.

I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:29:08 AM EDT
I'll take them over liberals any day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:29:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mattimeo:

Eh, I suppose you're right. I just don't even happen to get those folks, being as it's kinda rural around here. I see a lot more of the backwoods folk.

I just don't get it.

Actually, I saw myself as being in complete agreement with you. Sorry if it seemed like I was try to contradict you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:33:19 AM EDT

yep, dogs don't shit and piss where they sleep and eat. Unless you have one of those shit eaters
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:36:25 AM EDT
Neanderthals give Rednecks a bad name.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:40:00 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as "Desirable" Trailer Trash???

Just askin'!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:22:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tall_Shadow:
Is there such a thing as "Desirable" Trailer Trash???

Just askin'!

Tall Shadow

Yea . But only till ma finds out .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:36:50 AM EDT
I know lots of trash that dont live in trailers and lots of nice folks who do live in them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:45:52 AM EDT
You should look under a bridge sometime
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:50:38 AM EDT
Did the sound of dueling Banjos seem to come from nowhere?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:03:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

+1 at least they are shooting guns not banning them...........
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:33:25 AM EDT
And the worst thing is that these animals are continuing to pollute the gene pool...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:36:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mattimeo:

Honestly. I've seen folks like this come in here before, and had to ask them to leave, and also at my former job selling guns. Why the hell do people leave the house like this? Why can't they hook that shit out of their lip, and actually pronounce words, instead of mumbling?

Note: No offense to anyone that lives in trailers. I have lived in trailers. I can also bathe and dress myself. And I bet the majority of us can, as well.

You would probably be shocked to see the conditions they live in, if thats how they appear in public. Seriously, there are people who live in really depraved conditions. They come to think of it as normal. I worry more for the kids they are raising in those conditions than I do for them. They are adults and make that choice for themselves. The kids have no choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:39:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

In my book bathing is a conservative value. People who refuse to bathe are liberals.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:44:54 AM EDT
I see a Jerry Springer episode coming up....

Have you been denied access to a shooting range because you are too filthy? If so, call us now and you can be a guest on the Jerry Springer Show....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:45:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dino:
[In my book bathing is a conservative value. People who refuse to bathe are liberals.

Must have been a lot more liberals back "in the day" than people here are willing to admit. Routine bathing is a modern thing. Lack of bathing where the facilities are available to do so indicates poor socialization skills. I don't think you can assign a political litmus test to ones bathing habits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:45:58 AM EDT

Those stories have sort of increased, but it still irritates me. How someone can live like that is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:47:09 AM EDT
lol great thread!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:50:23 AM EDT
I don't think that you're either conservative or liberal based on your hygiene. If you can't dress yourself properly and be clean, you shouldn't go out in public, let alone to a gun range.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:54:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:55:25 AM EDT
Diversity.

You aren't supposed to judge people anymore.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:55:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 5:59:48 AM EDT by pv74]

That shit happens in .mil in base housing sometimes. Every once in awhile I get pictures in the e-mail of someone's base house, where the walls are literally covered in shit, garbage everywhere, etc.

Seems a freind or a neighor comes over, sees the house, and the filthy assholes get reported to their shirt....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:06:40 AM EDT

When living in Chicago, I remember there would regularly be news stories about new people they discovered living in the projects, raising their kids in dirt and filth and feces. Literally, people who just throw rotting garbage and trash in their living room, and have kids running around smared in their own shit, crapping in the corners - with giant roaches and maggots everywhere. howchoose to live almost like animals

I think choose is the key here. In the U.S. you do have a choice. That is what seperates us from other countries where there is no choice.

Given this, it is just sad.
Top Top