Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2001 3:01:18 PM EDT
I took a stray 9mm to the right bicep 7 years ago.A shootout 120 yds down the road from where i was fueling up my truck is where the hp came from.Went trough right bicep and stopped on the bone.Hurt and burned like a sob.Removal of the intact slug left a nice scar,but I realize just how freakin lucky I was!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a small, 1/4x1/4 inch chunk of steel nail me in the right calf a number of years ago. It felt like someone slammed my leg with a baseball bat and then it began to burn. I've never been shot before, though.
Not counting the BB's from childhood mischief. [:)]
C6
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Got myself in the web between the index and middle fingers with a nail gun. Had to pry bar my hand of the cabinet I was helping on.
Take care and don't play target,
Ice
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I took a .22lr in the upper arm from a kid target shooting in the desert, I apparently crossed his field of fire on my dirt-bike (honda cr 250). Man did that piss me off, almost beat the shit of the kid but he was like 12 or 13. Scared the shit out of the kid so much he was crying before I even said anything to him. I let him off easy with a tongue lashing and a warning about "know your target and what is around your target". The bullet passed right through some flesh and saw no need to go to the hospital as I did not want to fill out GSW reports and deal with the police and get the kid in some real trouble.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I was shot in the left knee[don't know what caliber] when I was three years old. The bullet lodged in my growth plate and the surgeons had to remove the bullet through the back of my knee. My parents were told that my lower leg may not have grown after that, but all is well as I have a normal sized leg.
The story: I was playing on a sidewalk with some friends and the next thing I know everyone is running away and this guy gets out of a car looks at me and points and shoots. Guess he had an argument with my dad and decided to take it out on me. Moved out of oakland a week later.

Alex

BTW. That cocksucker only got three years in San Quentin. Don't worry though... saw him when I was grown up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]
nope.  Friend of mine managed to get himself stabbed on several occasions though.  Collapsed lung, heart stopped a few times, lotsa blood.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Does stapling two fingers together count?  When I was a kid, I was playing with a regular office stapler.  I had it unfolded and bam! My index and middle finger each had a staple leg.  More scared than painful.  It was abitch pulling it out!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]
A gang banger came to the ER when I was working.  He took 4 .45cal bullets.  The first one was a through and through his love handle.  Another to his left hand and left thigh.  I guess he started to run away.  The last one hit his butt, traveled under his skin and ended up between his shoulder blades.  You could actually see the slug under his skin.  He checked out AMA on the third day.  The most amazing thing was his xrays.  He had a titanum femur from a previous shooting.  Three .25 ball bullets in his chest.  The chief surgeon said, cockeroaches are damn hard to kill!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a cheap Excam 380 that malfunctioned while shooting out the bathroom window at a dog.Damm thing put a round right through my hand att the bottom of left pinky. It didn't hurt but boy was my dad mad. Those triple pain windows cost a grand a piece.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
There has got to be
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I shot my bro with a BB gun. then he chased me and I hit him with a bat square in the chest. Lost his wind so I ran outside. He got his sling shot and shot me in the leg with it. Did not use BB's but used a rock instead. The rock got imbedded on my ankle and had to be removed by a Dr. I still have the scar.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Ouch!Aw fuck man it hurts,IT HURTS MAN!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ouch!Aw fuck man it hurts,IT HURTS MAN!
View Quote

Here's pic. Cause I'm bored and I wanted to test out the zoom feature on my dig camera. This is on the right side ankle. The scar has gotten bigger as I grew. My bro knew that if he hit me any higher than my waist our dad would kick his ass. As it is we both go a yelling.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/029/el/RO/xK/xl46184.jpg[/img]

DAMN!! That zoom really works!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
In a kneeling position took one round through right leg about 4" above knee exit was about 8" above knee on outside of leg.  Grazing wound under right eye that broke right eye socket. Burns worse than anything you can think of when adrenaline wears off. Still hurts on rare occasion as one through right leg did a lot of nerve damage. This was over 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]
20ga shotgun.  Shot richoceted from a rock total distance from muzzle about 18" still have a few in my hand.  Some nerve damage in my thumb and pinky of opposite hand.  I must have caught every pellet.  Haven't been chuckar hunting since.  BTW the safety was still on when we picked up the gun.

My former partner had a 12ga discharged on top of his foot and blew the bottom of his foot apart.  They reconstructed and it hurts him if he is on his feet all day.  Makes me hurt just thinking about it.  Who says pot doesn't have lasting effects?  If he hadn't been at that party that wouldn't have happened.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Caught a few bb's and pellets in my formative years.

Have been shot at several times as an adult, never hit, thank God!

I've seen enough GSW's to know I never want to get shot, ever!

That's gotta hurt!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Twice, but neither time was a direct hit from a bullet.

First time we were killing deer in a vineyard near Calistoga CA. A friend of mine had a deprivation permit for deer because of the damage they were doing to his grape vines. We had been out all day and just returned to the car. I was putting my rifle in the trunk of the car when all of the sudden a big boom and crap was flying all around me, I thought the car exploded. What actually happened was my friend John had gone to the house about 50 yards away and left his Marlin .444 on the porch. The son of the property owner picked up the rifle jacked in a round and shot a rock about 10 yards behind me and only 3 or 4 feet to the left from being in a direct line between me and the muzzel of the rifle. I was showered with rock and bullet fragments and had a piece of lead about half the size of a .22lr bullet stuck in the skin just below my right shoulder blade.

Second time I was playing paint ball in the Coyote Hills south of San Jose CA and some knuckle head shot me in the throat with a marble from his paintball gun. I don't remember getting hit, just coming to with a bunch of people standing over me as I was gasping for air and gagging. A couple of other players took me to the hospital and I never did find out who did it. I still have a lump in my neck from that and it was over 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Ya.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Right calf, 357mag, 30 yrs ago
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/029/qv/c5/GE/Pv88811.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#22]
My cousin shot be with a BB gun when we were kids, hurt like a mother.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Grazing fire from fellow pheasant hunters. I swear, hunting in NJ is like food shopping in Beirut!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Does it count if you did it yourself?  

Burns like FIRE.  Lots of paperwork and
embarassing questions, too.

BTW - stupid, not suicidal....
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:54:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Does it count if you did it yourself?  

Burns like FIRE.  Lots of paperwork and
embarassing questions, too.

BTW - stupid, not suicidal....
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#26]
No, man.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Got shot in my lower left calf accidentally by my brother with a .45 Hydra-Shok.   The bullet missed my head by about 6 inches I would guess, I was in a crouch at the time, the bullet came from above me to my right (maybe straight ahead) about 7 steps up a flight of stairs and hit my lower left leg.  I have tried to recreate the trajectory and still can't figure out how my head did not get in the way or what exact position I was facing when the gun went off.

My brother obviously had very poor handling skills.

This sure as hell knocked some sense into my brother's head and mine as well, although I always have tried to be safe (no ADs yet for me).  

I had to pick the bullet out with my fingers which was pretty cool actually, very sticky, and bled all over the place.

And to be honest, it did not hurt at all.  For about 5 minutes on the way to the hospital it felt "weird" but never what I would call pain.  It did leak fluid for about 1 1/2 months os so afterward though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#29]
A .22 in '79 and a
9mm in '87.
I won, they lost.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Does MILES gear count??

Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Shot in the upper leg by a .22lr when I was a kid.  Neighborhood bullies talked a kid into letting them shoot his gun.  I was walking home from school (they cut class), and they thought it would be funny to shoot me.  My mom dug the slug from just beneath the skin and sewed up the hole in my pants. The punks got a beating from their drunken dad, and the kid's father took his gun away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top