BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush is a politician first, and everything else is ratings.

What were you expecting?

You want a good president?  Elect someone here from Arfcom, who hasn't the problem of conforming to the majority and meeting BS rules with apathy.  

He ain't perfect, but he's a damn sight better than Kerry - who, like Clinton, has no problem lying about moral fundamentals such as EARNED Purple Hearts and Fidelity.  

What are you bitching about?  All politicians lie.  We elect the one who lies the least about subjects most dear to us.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Other than the border issue & illegal immigartion, i think he's done a pretty damn good job considering all the crap he's gone through (Internet Bubble leading to market crash, Multiple corporate scandals leading to massive job layoffs, 9/11, Two major hurricanes.)

Wait a minute here.  The stock market began to crash during the last year of the Clinton presidency.  Look at the charts!  Also, corporate scandals began during Clinton as did planning for 9/11.

Don't be sucked into the Bush bashing and negativity created by the liberal media.

First of all i'm not blaming Bush for ANY of these things, so please don't say that i'm being sucked in by the libs. I don't think you understood anything i wrote. Yes, you are correct that all these things happened during the Clinton administration, i'm simply saying that GWB was handed all this crap from before his presidency & he had to deal with it  My point was that EVEN with all this shit (Which was not his fault) he has done a great job.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As a former Liberal

BWA HA HA HA HA HA

<GASP>

HA HAH HA HA HA HA

HOLY FUCK I NEEDED THAT LAUGH!

Pretty laughable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My man.  I'm right next to you.  Except I'm going with the Constitution Party next election.

no you are not right next to me, you cannot see through the cheap facade image that a liar and a coward puts on in order to get your vote.  that is the difference.

If he is next to you get a body condom quick ...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bush isn't perfect, no.  Particularly on immigration and his inexplicable subservience to the Mexican government.  He crassly pandered to the steel unions in Ohio and PA by backing tariffs and quotas, in order to secure their votes for re-election, but that was temporary and it seemed to have worked, he got re-elected.  There's a pointless trade war with Canada over lumber quotas too, and his policy towards the evil Palestinians remains irritatingly status quo and middle of the road. He made a huge blunder with nominating Harriet Miers, but he came to his senses about that.

Other than that? He's great.  Where has he gone wrong on the RKBA?  He doesn't write the laws, he only signs them in.

+1

Nobody is a perfect choice… he is certainly better that the alternative.

But still I am not voting for him in 2008.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because of him, I doubt we will win Congress again...

You are totally insane.  The Republican party is going to lose both houses of Congress at the next election.  Say g'nite, Gracie.

Reading is fundamental.  And you are both wrong.  The democrats have absolutely nothing going.  Their numbers are even much lower than the republican party.  Republicans will hold both houses in 2006.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My man.  I'm right next to you.  Except I'm going with the Constitution Party next election.

I take it you haven't read their platform.

I hope you love Jesus.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
jeezus. Klinton couldn't spell "border", let alone protect it.

I'm not sure Bush Jr. is doing a better job by inviting them...perhaps I'm missing something here as well - But in this circumstance, I would call Clinton a hardliner compared to the current administration.

This subject, really, is a sore point for me. Construes a complete disregard for America.

Knowing who/where they are and collecting taxes has gotta be an improvement over ignoring the problem, even if it is not an optimal solution.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He's a nightmare as a President.  As a former Liberal, I honestly believe that Kerry would have done a better job at just about everything.  I know that doesn't go over well at arfcom but whatever.

Next round I'm voting Constitution party.  Whatever they put up is better than the two-headed Rich Asshole party puts up.

Proof that you have no idea what you are talking about.  You didn't vote for Bush and all the rest of your dumocrat crowd thinks he is a nightmare as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I voted for the fellow x 2. I have no real problems with him as a president.

But, what has he done?

+1 for adversity. This is evident no matter what side of the fence you ride, with Katrina and the Trade Center episode.
So, what's the deal?  What am I missing here? I, frankly, think he has done a less than admirable job... but I do not follow the news very astutely these days.

I see a weak stance on immigration.
I see a weak stance on his 2nd Amend.
I see multiple knee-jerks posing as homeland security
I see a  brave new world of craziness - NSA spying on this soil. - who'da thunk it.

I mean really. Remind me why I vote a republican ticket.  I really have to wonder now.

Why didn't you just name this thread "Come on everyone, let's bash Bush some more.  I will even start off claiming to have voted for him"?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top