Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 9:08:54 PM EDT
  So I am selling a portable DVD player on ebay and got an email from a guy saying he would purchase one using a Online USPS money transfer, that wa the first sign. The second sign that set it off was he said he would pay for shipping by me dropping it off at a fedex center and use his account to pay for shipping. So now I realize what a piece of shit I wonder how many people have fallen for this act. I have decided to teach the scum bag a lesson like those dudes that sent that nigerian guy the ANUS laptops . I need some ideas though, the best one I can come up with is sending him bricks with a portable dvd picture taped on to it. I will probably pick the best one and will update this thread daily with reports on what has happend.

I hate scam artists almost as much as Child molestors because the pieces of shit feed on the weak, Let the fun begin

Justin
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Anus computers or the clique mob
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, why is it out of the realm of possibility for an honest person to ask you to pay for shipping using a fedex account number? I have one and would prefer to use that to having someone (possibly) overcharge me on shipping.
Edited to fix sentence structure.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Send him a 2nd hammer od dead. Im sure he could use it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this thread deserves a tag.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Um, why is it out of the realm of possibility for an honest person to ask you to pay for shipping using a fedex account number? I have one and would prefer to use that to having someone (possibly) overcharge me on shipping.
Edited to fix sentence structure.

Very true however when he sent me the "usps Internet payment" The site looked very official but firefox has a nice thing that shows you what the websites URL and it was NOT Usps by a long shot :) So right then and there I decided that this guy needs to learn a lesson :)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
mail him a tupperware container filled with calamari, parcel post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Attach it to a brick, and send it postage due.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and add some dog shit or a baby diaper full of shit!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

why? to make it smell better?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

why? to make it smell better?

So the stench knocks him out when he opens the package
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#11]
somehow I think 30 day old rotten calamari should do the trick
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#12]
A rock and whatever roadkill you can find.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I found this info out about the USPS payment services.

The US Post Office has also gotten into the payment service area. They now offer a service where the BUYER pays $1 to send a payment to the seller through USPS. USPS issues the seller a special number which must be affixed to the package. When that number is scanned, the funds are released to the seller.

So apparently the only way you receive funds is when you mail the item.  That means if you did what the buyer wanted and sent the item by Fedex the post office would have no record that you shipped the product and you would not be given the funds.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Charlie Wenzel?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#15]
This dick only lasted 20 minutes after I reported scamming....

"Hello complements of the seasons, i am the buyer of you item and i would like to pay with paypal but before i pay i am not not in the states right now.i left some days ago to the netherlands for a programme and there is no one at home right now but i wil like you to help me send the item to my fiancee in Nigeria for his new year gift so pls if you would be able to help me send the item to him there let me know so that i can send u his address and u can calculate the total cost of item and shipping with registerd fedex/dhl and i will go ahead to make payment.i will be expecting your reply thanks"

Yeah, like I'm going to ship..........

I would go with the bricks.......
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I found this info out about the USPS payment services.

The US Post Office has also gotten into the payment service area. They now offer a service where the BUYER pays $1 to send a payment to the seller through USPS. USPS issues the seller a special number which must be affixed to the package. When that number is scanned, the funds are released to the seller.

So apparently the only way you receive funds is when you mail the item.  That means if you did what the buyer wanted and sent the item by Fedex the post office would have no record that you shipped the product and you would not be given the funds.  

Thanks for the info Swire, I guess thats just more proof, I am still thinking but I like the brick idea and calamari
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]
419eater.com scamming the scammers since...a long long time mon. Hilarious!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top