Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 5:57:49 PM EDT
Caught a shoplifter tonight that had several prior convictions including robbery and assault and has been out of prison for only a short time.  This one is most likely sending him back.  He even tried to escape from prison once, according to the the officer I talked to.

He was eyeballing my partner and I like he was ready to kill us... and I don't doubt he has the capability.  He almost started a fight with me out in the parking lot and from the looks of him, I was worried he had a firearm but luckily he didn't.

He tried to get out of the room we had him in, but luckily we stopped him.  He had his untied shoes off and was ready to RUN.

He had friends with him too...

Needless to say, I'll be extra alert for awhile.  All this, for a couple of $100 DVD players.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Situational awareness.....watch yer 6!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad he didn't accidentally fall up a flight of stairs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Made my first real enemy tonight... a real criminal...He was eyeballing my partner and I like he was ready to kill us... and I don't doubt he has the capability.  He almost started a fight with me out in the parking lot... He had friends with him too... Needless to say, I'll be extra alert for awhile.

Obviously you don't have an ex-wife, or all this would be old hat to you.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Made my first real enemy tonight... a real criminal...He was eyeballing my partner and I like he was ready to kill us... and I don't doubt he has the capability.  He almost started a fight with me out in the parking lot... He had friends with him too... Needless to say, I'll be extra alert for awhile.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
You did well. And people wonder why we retain the right to arm ourselves...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:  Obviously you don't have an ex-wife, or all this would be old hat to you.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Tape some trauma plates to your chest and back.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It seems like a lot of criminals just have a low IQ.  No concept of cause and effect.  They do something stupid and find themselves back in the pen and really don't know how it happened .   They don't think "If I get caught I'll go back".

rj
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Should I equip my team with PSG-1's or Barretts?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It seems like a lot of criminals just have a low IQ.  No concept of cause and effect.  They do something stupid and find themselves back in the pen and really don't know how it happened .   They don't think "If I get caught I'll go back".

rj

It was clear why he's been caught so many times... he really sucks at the whole shoplifter thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I equip my team with PSG-1's or Barretts?

get both!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Was it at BestBuy in Tupelo? We get the dumbest people that try to shoplift. Some of them try to steal things from the office while we're waiting for the police to arrive.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see why your ex would want to stick it you. Afterall, she had to live with you for...how long was it again?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
good looking out

"roadrunners" (expecially the crazy criminal ones ) suck

where at?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#16]
This wouldn't be a problem or consideration if you would have just drove him out to the onion field.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I know how you feel. I IDed a guy that held me up during an armed robbery many years ago. I know he is out now. I watch my back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I keep wondering what you mean when you say "partner".  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I work at Sears in the Loss Prevention department so I am basically a covert mall ninja.  Instead of walking around the mall all day in uniform looking tactical, I sit in a room watching camera monitors and performing various other important tasks.

By partner, I mean the female coworker that I happened to be working with at the time.

It's not bad for a part-time college job.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Good job catching the shoplifters.My wife used to work at sears,she was walking through the loss provention area once when they were watching a woman who they suspected was using a stolen sears credit card.It was our next door neighbor.Once she signed the reciept,the wife was able to say she was not the person who owned the card.Lucky though we were in the process of buying a house,we moved two weeks later
As to making an enemy,dont sweat that.IMHO if you dont have at least a few people that hate your guts,you arent living right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top