Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:58:38 PM EDT
I found this on another forum of a non-gun related site. It was a thread about guns and which memebers owned guns... then I read the following... I truly think, this is our worst enemy, possibly worse than simply uninformed/naive/brainwashed by the media anti-gun people.

I enlisted in the USAF when I was 17 yr. old. I was legally carrying(on duty) the m-16 A1 and the S&W model 15 combat masterpiece. When I got off duty and checked my weapons into the armory I could only leagally carry a slingshot. I remember getting into a shitload of trouble with the ATF because I got a fella to buy a Colt Diamondback for me because I wasn't 21 yet. Weapons purchasing in the USA is fairly easy if you don't have a felony record. In most states you only need to be 18 yr.old for rifle and shotguns and 21 for handguns. In SC you have to be cleared by the state police SLED(state law enforcement division) which is a phone call away for the arms dealers. South Carolina allows NO class 3 firearms. I lobbied heavily with state politicians to prevent the class 3 weapons when I first moved here.I don't belive it is prudent to allow a private citizen full-auto rights. The Constitution says nothing about regular citizens owning weapons that can kill 700 people/minute. I felt that should be left ONLY to the military and law enforcement.The best firing pistol I have ever owned was an old LLama .38. It had a good barrel. Second best is the S&W model 15. I love my Browning Hi Power and Beretta 92f. I also have a Winchester 1300 Defender shotgun and an sks.Three decades ago or farther back I started hearing arguments about what was the best weapon to own. The best weapon to own is the weapon you have. Growing up in the mountains of W.Va. I met people that were poor and only had one rifle. They became very proficient with what they had. If you want to own a weapon......you should get to know it intimately. Ownership is no judge of the mastery of a firearm. You should shoot it as much as you can. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through a model 15,but I would consider myself only somewhat proficient with it. It is unbelievable how good some people I have seen could get on a firearm....ie Southeast Asia with an sks........Learn to handle the weapons you have before buying more. Always clean each firearm at least three times after you have fired it because crud will soak out of the metal. If you don't believe that go and run a clean patch through the bore of any weapon you have if you think it is clean.I guarantee most of you will find a dirty patch.

what yall think?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
700 per minute
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I say we tar and feather that scumbag!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I found this on another forum of a non-gun related site. It was a thread about guns and which memebers owned guns... then I read the following... I truly think, this is our worst enemy, possibly worse than simply uninformed/naive/brainwashed by the media anti-gun people.

I enlisted in the USAF when I was 17 yr. old. I was legally carrying(on duty) the m-16 A1 and the S&W model 15 combat masterpiece. When I got off duty and checked my weapons into the armory I could only leagally carry a slingshot. I remember getting into a shitload of trouble with the ATF because I got a fella to buy a Colt Diamondback for me because I wasn't 21 yet. Weapons purchasing in the USA is fairly easy if you don't have a felony record. In most states you only need to be 18 yr.old for rifle and shotguns and 21 for handguns. In SC you have to be cleared by the state police SLED(state law enforcement division) which is a phone call away for the arms dealers. South Carolina allows NO class 3 firearms. I lobbied heavily with state politicians to prevent the class 3 weapons when I first moved here.I don't belive it is prudent to allow a private citizen full-auto rights. The Constitution says nothing about regular citizens owning weapons that can kill 700 people/minute. I felt that should be left ONLY to the military and law enforcement.The best firing pistol I have ever owned was an old LLama .38. It had a good barrel. Second best is the S&W model 15. I love my Browning Hi Power and Beretta 92f. I also have a Winchester 1300 Defender shotgun and an sks.Three decades ago or farther back I started hearing arguments about what was the best weapon to own. The best weapon to own is the weapon you have. Growing up in the mountains of W.Va. I met people that were poor and only had one rifle. They became very proficient with what they had. If you want to own a weapon......you should get to know it intimately. Ownership is no judge of the mastery of a firearm. You should shoot it as much as you can. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through a model 15,but I would consider myself only somewhat proficient with it. It is unbelievable how good some people I have seen could get on a firearm....ie Southeast Asia with an sks........Learn to handle the weapons you have before buying more. Always clean each firearm at least three times after you have fired it because crud will soak out of the metal. If you don't believe that go and run a clean patch through the bore of any weapon you have if you think it is clean.I guarantee most of you will find a dirty patch.

what yall think?

700 people? I must be one hell of a shot. But if I'm a law abiding citizen and register an FA, why am I more likely to "spray" them with auto then to shoot them on semi?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't belive it is prudent to allow a private citizen full-auto rights. The Constitution says nothing about regular citizens owning weapons that can kill 700 people/minute. I felt that should be left ONLY to the military and law enforcement.

Funny, the Constitution doesn't say anything about TV, radio, telegraph, or the interweb.  This person should have no access to these either, apparently.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What an ass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#6]
He is an elitist prick.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like he can remember what he has read pretty well, I'm not so sure he knows all that much about firearms, other then what he has read tho.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes sir,that douche bag and those that think Billy Ruger was Progun will be the death of our Second Amendment rights
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Dirt bag.

Max
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of the biggest gun grabbers are ex-military and hunters, in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
....and he probally hunts deer crawling on his belly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like he is lying.  SC is NFA friendly
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
....and he probally hunts deer crawling on his belly.

with his trusty over/under shotgun
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I say we tar and feather that scumbag!!!

Then we should put him in a big burlap bag and pelt him with frozen chickens.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I have always said "Elmer Fudd" is our worst enemy.

The antis portray him as a typical gun owner, and use his nonsense to convince others.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I lobbied heavily with state politicians to prevent the class 3 weapons when I first moved here.I don't belive it is prudent to allow a private citizen full-auto rights. The Constitution says nothing about regular citizens owning weapons that can kill 700 people/minute. I felt that should be left ONLY to the military and law enforcement.The best firing pistol I have ever owned was an old LLama .38. It had a good barrel.

what yall think?

I think that the poster totally discredited themselves of any firearms knowledge with the statement immediately following the one you highlighted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Like I try to tell everybody....

Not all gun owners are pro-gun

They beleive in having their 44mag revolver and Browning A Bolt but treat you like shit because you have a (insert weapon of coice)evil looking rifle.

I say fuckem.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Who is this worm? Just tell me the site this came from.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sounds like he is lying.  SC is NFA friendly

South Carolina LEGALIZED machineguns a few years ago.

This guy is an IDIOT!

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Seems the worst are the hunters and skeet shooters, they keep telling themselves that their shotguns are for sporting purposes and have the "If I don't own it, YOU don't need it" attitude.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like he needs to get an ennema with that Llama .38.....he likes it tho much!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I got into a disagreement with a gentleman in a gun store the other day.  While he was looking at some $5000 shotgun, I was looking at an FN FiveseveN.  He said that it should be banned as there was no legitimate use for it other than defeating a vest.  I said, then that is exactly what the framers of the Constitution would want me to have, as the original intent was to insure that the population could overthrow the government should it become overbearing.  He looked at me like I had suddenly shouted that purple pigs knew the way to Valhalla.

Woody
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Based on what some of our resident pinheads had to say in a thread about Murtha, the fact that the guy is a veteran should preclude any criticism of him.

But, it doesn't. He is a gun-snatching, goat-felching turd burglar.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Seems the worst are the hunters and skeet shooters, they keep telling themselves that their shotguns are for sporting purposes and have the "If I don't own it, YOU don't need it" attitude.

This skeet shooter and hunter gets it.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Purple pigs do know the way to Valhalla
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#26]
BA BA BAh........bleat the sheeple.  

High speed printing presses and word processors are not meant to be in the hands of private citizens; clearly they are not what the Founders had in mind with the 1st amendment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top