Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 9:08:16 AM EDT
I dont think i am going to drink anymore.  I'm done with that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]
For shame!  During the playoffs no less
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hydration is important.  You should reconsider.  

I have an eating disorder. *stabs eye with fork*  See?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Ever been to an AA meeting?

I have, to support a friend.  I won't bore you about how great the program is, or how it's saved millions of lives - but I will say that many, many of the women there are teh hawte!.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have no drinking proablem.  I drink maybe once a month.  I just don't like what happens when you drink.  I don't remember everything that happened last night and i dont like that.   I'm too smart to let that shit happen.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Good for you.  You're better off without it.  I've been drinking a lot less (out of poverty) but it has really improved my mood, my energy, productivity, lost weight.  But I had some killer insomnia there for a couple of months.  I couldn't go to sleep without having some drinks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Been there, made the same decision.  Other than occasionally missing the social aspects, I've never looked back.

One has to wonder, given the entire history of mankind, how many of the stupid acts (petty crimes, murder, rape, etc.) have been committed under the influence of alcohol.

I didn't like the person I became and I didn't like the decisions I made after downing a couple of stiff drinks.  For me, it was easier/smarter to quit drinking altogether.

Some people may handle alcohol better than others, but in the final analysis, I bet that most don't.

YMMV

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#10]
calm down, sit down, pour yourself a drink, and everything will look better.

Seriously though, if you wanna quit, good for you, personally i had one bad experience, now i know my limits, and i can drink safely, and still have fun and feel great.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have no drinking proablem.  I drink maybe once a month.  I just don't like what happens when you drink.  I don't remember everything that happened last night and i dont like that.   I'm too smart to let that shit happen.

You've made a wise decision.  

You just might be saving a life, posssibly yours! Good luck and stick to it
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Moderation, my friend. You must know your limitations and stop drinking before you drink too much. And plenty of water too.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I'll have one more and taper off...  

Seriously, if you are having memory problems it is a good idea to stop.

Bob

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You'll be dead soon.  Unless you eat lots of watermellon or sumtin'
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Good for you, RuskEnt.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Wait 5 minutes and try again.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Different strokes
Some can judge proper limits and can drink responsibly.
Some can not and shouldn't drink.
Some don't like the "loss of control" and chose not to drink under certain situations or not at all.
All of the above I am fine with.
Drinking in many folks gives them the feeling that they are in control when actions pretty much prove they are not and folks get hurt. This includes the persons drinking,family and friends,and bystanders.
Very complicated and difficult problem for some that is just not as simple as it seems.
My hats off to anyone who has their relationship with drink trully figgered out ,and deals with it properly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I quit drinking & smoking once ..................
was the worst 5 minutes of my life !  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Good for you!

I pretty much quit this time last year. I was starting to get liver pain, and a sonogram showed fatty liver. I'm 42 and didn't want to die of liver disease. I've been drinking since 18, and at times in the past was quite a heavy drinker -- 8-10 beers a day, every day for several years. I've probably drunk 25,000+ drinks -- close to 200 gallons of alcohol -- over the past 24 years.

Outside of very occasional (every 3-4 months with friends) light consumption, I have quit. And I feel a lot better. I'm not bloated anymore. No more nighttime leg cramps. No pain in my liver. I'm losing weight slowly. No depression on waking in the middle of the night. And I'm saving a ton of money (I quit smoking too). In all of 2005 I probably drank what I would have drank before in 3 days. Do I miss it? No.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I learned a long time ago that it was more fun to stay sober and watch other people get stupid than it was to actually jump off the roof myself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Bro, that's a problem  

Good for you tho !    Best of luck and hope it goes easily for you  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Pfft.....

Quitter.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Pfft.....

Quitter.

+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'll Drink to That

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I dont think i am going to drink anymore.  

You're just not going to drink any less.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Nobody likes a quitter.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#27]
...and they like to party...

Quoted:
Ever been to an AA meeting?

I have, to support a friend.  I won't bore you about how great the program is, or how it's saved millions of lives - but I will say that many, many of the women there are teh hawte!.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top