Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:00:03 AM EDT
I have Need For Speed Most Wanted by EA and I was able to convert the soundtrack from proprietary files to mp3 files using a utility I found online.

I just bought NHL 06 by EA sports and wanted to convert the game music into mp3. Anyone know how I can accomplish this?

I believe the music file extension is *.ABK.... all I can find out about this is that it is an AMOS formatted audio file, whatever the hell that means.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the programming support forum on the game publisher's site and ask there; there may be a way to extract the files.

Alternately (if they are uncooperative or there's no utility to change sound back to any other format) just try switching the file's extensions to other audio formats and playing them. A lot of games use standard *.ogg and *.mp3 files now but many games put different extensions on them so that common "jukebox" audio-player programs don't pick up those files when looking for music on the PC.
~
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't find anything. The forums have one thread from users requesting that EA create an mp3 importer to allow you to play mp3s you already have in the game but not even that exists. Nothing about exporting mp3s exists, as far as I can tell.

The .abk files that I identified earlier are definitely not the music files, however. They are far too small. Perhaps the music is in a single proprietary file. In Need For Speed Most Wanted, all the music was in one file with a .mus extension.

Still hoping someone can help me out with this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#3]
shameless bump for an answer. I'm sure it isn't this easy to stump y'all
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
[Long shot] if you can post the audio files somewhere I could try a couple things. How do you know that these are the audio files?
[edit]
Okay, nevermind. I found a demo on fileshack I am downloading now to mess with.....
~
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You could always go though the analog "hole" by running the RCA cables with thier analog signal into your computer's sound card 1/8" mini-jack and recording them using Nero or the like. I like Nero as it has a sound editor which allows you to tweak the heck out of the sound doing all kinds of DSP on the music.

Perhaps floppy will be able to figure out another way but in the meantime.....

Ok, I've got a mini jack on my audigy card and I have a Nero OEM suite that came with my Sony burner. What I don't know is whether or not I should run the mini jack into the "in" or the "out" and where I'm supposed to plug in the RCAs. I'm not sure I follow your suggestion... maybe run a cable from the headphone 'out' on my Klipsch speakers to the mic 'in' on the soundcard and record? Can you clarify?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a fancier soundcard (particularly a Creative sound card) you can record off the "system mixer" and that will record whatever the speakers are getting. But I assumed that you might want the music free of any other sound effects the game lays on top of them.
(it's still downloading so I ain't looked at it yet)
~
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you have a fancier soundcard (particularly a Creative sound card) you can record off the "system mixer" and that will record whatever the speakers are getting. But I assumed that you might want the music free of any other sound effects the game lays on top of them.
(it's still downloading so I ain't looked at it yet)
~

It's a white box Creative Audigy 2 ZS.
If you can crack this nut, I'd be most grateful!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Dress up in black pants, a white shirt, a black tie and a backpack. Show up at the files' door at about 7:30am and tell them about how awesome it is to be an MP3. It's up to them from there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I messed with Audacity for a bit (importing raw data) and sometimes get something that might be sounds, but it's always too high-pitched.

EA seems to use different file extensions for audio of different games.

I did find this page http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t470389.html
leading to this page
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.php?p=216198&postcount=67
which says that there is a program in the fifa creation center that can extract/convert mus and ast files to wav. The NHL2006 demo I downloaded doesn't have any mus files, but it does have a few .ast files. I didn't get the chance to try this yet.
~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top