Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 8:08:27 PM EDT
I read this on Dog, The Bounty Hunters website.  Supposedly he knows NVP - Neurological Visual Profiling.  Google is no help.  A blog I ran across says that the FBI and CIA are keeping it under wraps because it is  a very effective technique, thus no meaningful hits when doing a web search. Google search just gives trash responses with nonsensical, unrelated webpages with the words NVP embedded.  Is NVP for real?

ETA correct some spelling errors, I think.

Even Wikipedia (internet encyclopedia) makes no reference to it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
^
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Dog

NVP
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's a bunch of bullshit.  Something about reading people's vibes to figure out if they're friend or foe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think it's a bunch of bullshit.  Something about reading people's vibes to figure out if they're friend or foe.

Boy, no kidding.  Talk about pseudoscience.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
"Dog" is the Anti-Chuck

Note: no Cops on that show, ever. Bail enforcement, famous(ish), but no LEOs....it don't smell right.

OTOH what else is the guy gonna do? bake freakin cookies in a hollow tree?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy, no kidding.  Talk about pseudoscience.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying you don't have instincts.  I'm saying that the idea that it's some top secret CIA knowledge and that the "dog" is an elite uber NVP expert who can spot a bad guy from the other side of the island is BS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying you don't have instincts.  I'm saying that the idea that it's some top secret CIA knowledge and that the "dog" is an elite uber NVP expert who can spot a bad guy from the other side of the island is BS.

I think that was the point of the pseudoscience call. Can you make a verifiable measurement of instinct and quantify it? Can you pass it through difference logic to ascertain the situation with notable accuracy?

Pseudoscience...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I guess that's why I cant' find anything about it anywhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top