Well,
what say you?

Huh?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
No but it makes Fat chicks skinny!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have taken Melatonin off and on for over a year.  Sometimes I drink whiskey but there hasn't been any ill effects from the two.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I know that when I drink I get more sunburned.  Probably just cause I lose track of time and stay out on the boat too long and dont put my spf 90 on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats melatonin?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't take melatonin with allergy medicine that causes drowsiness.

It will knock you down for the count.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whats melatonin?

A natural nightcap.  ZZZzzzzz
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Alcohol is a poor sleep aid, for it starts out as a depressant (alcohol) which will make you sleepy, but your body metabolizes it into a stimulant (acetaldehyde) which fucks your sleep later in the night.

BTW, I am a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist and Director of a Sleep Disorders Center with 17 years of clinical sleep experience so when it comes to sleep questions, I am right, My bitches!

I've also been drinking myself tonight, so my sleep is gonna SUCK.

Eheheh.

SG

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Alcohol is a poor sleep aid, for it starts out as a depressant (alcohol) which will make you sleepy, but your body metabolizes it into a stimulant (acetaldehyde) which fucks your sleep later in the night.

BTW, I am a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist and Director of a Sleep Disorders Center with 17 years of clinical sleep experience so when it comes to sleep questions, I am right, My bitches!

I've also been drinking myself tonight, so my sleep is gonna SUCK.

Eheheh.

SG

So what are your thoughts on melatonin?

I have trouble falling asleep sometimes a lot of the time, so I started taking 3mg melatonin an hour or so before bedtime. So far it seems to work, but I haven't been taking it in the past few weeks.

It does give me some seriously bizarre dreams at times though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Alcohol is a poor sleep aid, for it starts out as a depressant (alcohol) which will make you sleepy, but your body metabolizes it into a stimulant (acetaldehyde) which fucks your sleep later in the night

that explains why after a night of lots of drinking I fall asleep immediately but wake up at 6 or 7am and can't go back to sleep
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#12]
After about half an hour that shit knocks me flat anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top