Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
Got this one in change...no numerical dates...may be one in whatever language its in, but I cant even identify that...looks like some type of arabic, but I really dont know, im just guessing.

Anyone see one like this? (sorry for the bad pics - my camera sucks at close up shots of small stuff)

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
looks Thai to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet you the 4 characters beneath the circle on the first pic are the numerical date that you say isn't present.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bet you the 4 characters beneath the circle on the first pic are the numerical date that you say isn't present.

Allow me to correct myself, traditional English numerals....I have no idea what the writing on this coin is, although the first character is clearly a '1', which I figured was the prefix to the denomination...but I cant say for sure since I have no idea what this coin is.

I do see some smalled characters that look like Asian script, so Thai is probably more accurate than my original assessment...hoping to identify where its from and what it is...anyone been to Thailand and seen one of these?

Thanks for the responses so far....I am closer to the answer than I was a few minutes ago!
(what cant be learned on this site!!!!)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much?

The spiral is "1" in the old Thai language format. The "1" is one and the other letters are baht.

How about I bet you a Baht? My foreign language experience is in Arabic, not Asian languages, I was just trying to point out that not everybody uses the numerals we're used to. Obviously the Thais do.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You've got one Thai (Thailand) Baht worth about $0.025 (two and a half cents).

Mi Pen Rai Khrap

Thank you very much!!!

That took all of about 5 minutes!
When in doubt about any subject, just ask here!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#9]
whip out your magnet.  Looks like it might be silver, but it could be nickel.
(magnet will likely stick to a nickel coin)

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Why would you take it in change?  I only take US currency for change.  Any cashier that hands me back a Euro or even a Canadian penny will get it right back with a demand for US currency.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
whip out your magnet.  Looks like it might be silver, but it could be nickel.
(magnet will likely stick to a nickel coin)

Magnet will not stick to anything but ferrous based (iron) metals.....  Nickel isn't magnetic.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top