Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:59:34 AM EDT
Last night a buddy of mine(tattoo artist, big guaged ears and tats up both sides of his neck) and I get nominated to run up the road for food.  (firehouse subs, it was good) We're headed back a different way than we came and see a shitload of cars stopped.  Ease up on em, no one is coming from the other direction and there are no turn offs to get turned around to go back.  Well then I see blue lights.  I'm thinking fishing expedition. Shit.  2 young guys, one of em has ink and metal all over his head and we're in a firebird.  Yay, we're fucked.

But then I think well maybe it's a wreck.  But neither one of us could see anything but 5 or 6 police cars on both sides of the road.  Everyonce in awhile a car comes through from the other direction.   So yep, fishing expedition.  Again, both stone sober, but me armed, him looking freaky, in a Firebird.  yay this is gonna be a fun night.  So my side starts moving again.  Moving good to. So my thoughts go back to wreck.

I get right up on the cop cars.  Mr. Super Trooper steps out in front of me, flashlight right in my face and yell's "PULL IT OVER SON" shit fuck damnit I don't have time for this.  He walks over to another cop gets him, and pulls him up to my car.  One walks up each side of it towards us looking in with flashlights.  I'm looking ahead with my license held up.  They just walk on by.  

It was a wreck, they just picked me out to stop first to let the other side come through.  I have been stopped at that spot twice before on fishing expeditions though.  So I guess the point of my ramble is, don't beat on cops all the time, sometimes 4 people really did get dead up in front of ya and they have to deal with that and it wouldn't put you in a good mood.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Was there a BBQ pit with a dog on a spit?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
No, there were a couple of really fucked up people,  Head on with a closing speed of about 165 mph.  Hit so hard it moved em 15 yards off the road.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
That was anti-climatic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
what is "fishing expedition" slang for?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That was anti-climatic.

Yeah, but I'm not a cop and I'm as guilty as occaisonal cop bashing as anyone else.  And right after it happened I got to thinking how moody I was right after dealing with similar stuff as a FF/EMT and how I came off to people.  Everything I wrote is true, but I guess my point is that sometimes, that "asshole JBT" has just had to deal with some shit most people can't, or don't want to imagine. And maybe some leeway oughta be given.  There are still some that have no excuse but between stuff like this, and the one in the other thread that had to shoot the 8th grader, I wanted to make the point.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

ticket writing party
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just stopping people for no reason to see if they can find anything.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stopping people for no reason to see if they can find anything.

Driver's License checkpoints "your papers please".
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That was anti-climatic.

Not for the people involved in the collision.  head-ons are MESSY.  You see all sorts of creepy stuff.  Like when people brace and their knee joints burst upon impact, or when their head pulls off the spine and the vertebra is sticking up behind their head.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was anti-climatic.

Not for the people involved in the collision.  head-ons are MESSY.  You see all sorts of creepy stuff.  Like when people brace and their knee joints burst upon impact, or when their head pulls off the spine and the vertebra is sticking up behind their head.

Yeah, BTDT and that's why I understand why cops can be dicks sometimes.  That's why some of em are easier on other cops and Firefighters and EMT's.  If you haven't been there done that, you don't understand,  If you have BTDT, it's a quiet brotherhood.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Way to go JBTs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was anti-climatic.

Steering column in the throatic cavity is pretty grisly as well.  Not too common anymore now that everyone has airbags.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I couldn't find anybody's rights to violate, no dogs to shoot, no cars to unlawfully search, no people to illegally detain, no one to give a ticket for POP to, so I changed a lady's tire at a gas station while on my lunch break, then drove over to the range to pop off a few from an AR I picked up yesterday (which I bought with funds from two weeks of overtime).

Slow day for a Friday the 13th/full moon/grass-fire plagued area.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I couldn't find anybody's rights to violate, no dogs to shoot, no cars to unlawfully search, no people to illegally detain, no one to give a ticket for POP to, so I changed a lady's tire at a gas station while on my lunch break, then drove over to the range to pop off a few from an AR I picked up yesterday (which I bought with funds from two weeks of overtime).

I'm not looking forward to it lol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The FF had a pretty good one (grassfire) around Lubbock yesterday, but yeah -- for a Friday the 13th, it has seemed kinda slow.  Then again, I'm not a LEO, so I don't know if it was *actually* slow or not; just seems that way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Nasty here. Looks like Friday the 13th is going to be hell when I get to work in an hour.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
What road was the accident / previous fishing expeditions on?

I've never gotten stopped here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Hwy 5 between Bryant and Alexander.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I guess my point is that sometimes, that "asshole JBT" has just had to deal with some shit most people can't, or don't want to imagine. And maybe some leeway oughta be given.  

Boo fucking hoo...if a LEO doesn't like criticism, get another fucking job...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm thinking fishing expedition. Shit.  2 young guys, one of em has ink and metal all over his head and we're in a firebird.  Yay, we're fucked.

They should have pulled you out of the car and given you the beat down for buyin a V6...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm thinking fishing expedition. Shit.  2 young guys, one of em has ink and metal all over his head and we're in a firebird.  Yay, we're fucked.

They should have pulled you out of the car and given you the beat down for buyin a V6...

not sure if you know him personally, but they did make V8 Firebirds (other than the Trans-Am), I believe they were called "Formula" Firebirds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not sure if you know him personally, but they did make V8 Firebirds (other than the Trans-Am), I believe they were called "Formula" Firebirds.

I'm refering to the Camaro thread in the Car forum where he was bragging about his V6...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm refering to the Camaro thread in the Car forum where he was bragging about his V6...

ah, I see. Carry on.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Last night a buddy of mine(tattoo artist, big guaged ears and tats up both sides of his neck) and I get nominated to run up the road for food.  (firehouse subs, it was good) We're headed back a different way than we came and see a shitload of cars stopped.  Ease up on em, no one is coming from the other direction and there are no turn offs to get turned around to go back.  Well then I see blue lights.  I'm thinking fishing expedition. Shit.  2 young guys, one of em has ink and metal all over his head and we're in a firebird.  Yay, we're fucked.

But then I think well maybe it's a wreck.  But neither one of us could see anything but 5 or 6 police cars on both sides of the road.  Everyonce in awhile a car comes through from the other direction.   So yep, fishing expedition.  Again, both stone sober, but me armed, him looking freaky, in a Firebird.  yay this is gonna be a fun night.  So my side starts moving again.  Moving good to. So my thoughts go back to wreck.

I get right up on the cop cars.  Mr. Super Trooper steps out in front of me, flashlight right in my face and yell's "PULL IT OVER SON" shit fuck damnit I don't have time for this.  He walks over to another cop gets him, and pulls him up to my car.  One walks up each side of it towards us looking in with flashlights.  I'm looking ahead with my license held up.  They just walk on by.  

It was a wreck, they just picked me out to stop first to let the other side come through.  I have been stopped at that spot twice before on fishing expeditions though.  So I guess the point of my ramble is, don't beat on cops all the time, sometimes 4 people really did get dead up in front of ya and they have to deal with that and it wouldn't put you in a good mood.

Dusty_C, if I may say so:

That was a good story. It is a shame that there are so many people here that are so extreme that they can't see common sense any more. You are obviously not one of those people (I always find it at least a bit unnerving to count the number of posters that always call for the cops to "be shot on site" whenever there is a LEO-related discussion on the boards...).  

Good job!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#26]
In related news: I went to the store to get some milk and I drove by a cop. He looked at me kinda funny for a second and continued on his path.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
(I always find it at least a bit unnerving to count the number of posters that always call for the cops to "be shot on site" whenever there is a LEO-related discussion on the boards...).  

Good job!

WHO?? Name some names after making that allegation...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(I always find it at least a bit unnerving to count the number of posters that always call for the cops to "be shot on site" whenever there is a LEO-related discussion on the boards...).  

Good job!

Check out the latest cop bashing thread about the underage smoker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

Names??
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

Quoted:
If the story is true, that cop should have been shot when this happened

There ya go,  example #1 and it took me all of about 2 minutes.  But you knew when you asked since you are in THAT thread too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
No, there were a couple of really fucked up people,  Head on with a closing speed of about 165 mph.  Hit so hard it moved em 15 yards off the road.

HOLY SHIT!

That's not a typo is it?  Holy cow, dude.  

Hope these guys are okay.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

Quoted:

There ya go,  example #1 and it took me all of about 2 minutes.  But you knew when you asked since you are in THAT thread too.

Do you feel that is against the CoC? Why don't you contact a mod? Are you scared of all us "big bad gun owners" that are tired of JBT BS? The couple of JBTs on here and their apologists will defend anything any asshole cop does in the country, and when freedom loving members on here get a little excited by their flaime bait they jump and point and shout and cry to the mods. So either contact one or quit whining about it...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!

Probably not a typo. 90 mph and 75 mph would do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!

Well IIRC if you hit an oncoming vehicle your speed is factored by both your speed and the speed of the vehicle coming the other way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

Quoted:

Do you feel that is against the CoC? Why don't you contact a mod?

Because I'm not going to bother a mod over someone with a big mouth and small wang.   They have better things to do than to ride herd on all these guys.  You know as well as I do that they don't have the balls to say it in person.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!

Well IIRC if you hit an oncoming vehicle your speed is factored by both your speed and the speed of the vehicle coming the other way.

Weight of the vehicle would come into play as well...ie Dodge Ram smoking a Honda CVCC...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

Quoted:

Because I'm not going to bother a mod over someone with a big mouth and small wang.   They have better things to do than to ride herd on all these guys.  You know as well as I do that they don't have the balls to say it in person.

Don't for one second think that a few of the JBT apologists are doing so to stir the shit, and moderation I have found is highly subjective. I have only made a call for a ban of one guy, in the thread, of such an obvious troll it shouldn't have required mentioning. I personally wouldn't contact a mod either since I'm a big boy and can take whatever BS some keyboard commando sends my way. The fact is the above comment was meant to equate JBT "bashing" with the advocacy of killing cops, which is a huge stretch in the least. The cops can do NO wrong is such a minority here that the followers of that line have to resort to the "whine" card...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#39]
the 165mph was the LOW end guess from the cop I asked.

Yes I have a V-6.  It's not stock it should have 2 more horsepower than the LT-1 did that year (LT-1 was rated at 295 at the flywheel my 6 is stepped up to where it SHOULD be 297 at the fly wheel.  BUT I still pay V-6 insurance.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
the 165mph was the LOW end guess from the cop I asked.

Yes I have a V-6.  It's not stock it should have 2 more horsepower than the LT-1 did that year (LT-1 was rated at 295 at the flywheel my 6 is stepped up to where it SHOULD be 297 at the fly wheel.  BUT I still pay V-6 insurance.

Okay, thanks Dusty.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

Quoted:

Don't for one second think that a few of the JBT apologists are doing so to stir the shit, and moderation I have found is highly subjective. I have only made a call for a ban of one guy, in the thread, of such an obvious troll it shouldn't have required mentioning. I personally wouldn't contact a mod either since I'm a big boy and can take whatever BS some keyboard commando sends my way. The fact is the above comment was meant to equate JBT "bashing" with the advocacy of killing cops, which is a huge stretch in the least. The cops can do NO wrong is such a minority here that the followers of that line have to resort to the "whine" card...

That's where you are incorrect.  The (as you call it) "cops can do no wrong" crowd does not exist.  I, as well as every other officer have condemned officers when it is warranted. I can think of two such fairly recent threads. The dichotomy comes into play when folks that don't have a clue about either police procedure, Use of Force, or Constitutional law THINK the officer is wrong.  (Probably based on TV as usual)

The threads alway go like this.

(Egotistical cop basher)  THAT JBT IS WRONG!! It's Unconstitutional to (fill in the blank)    He should be shot/fired/tasered etc.  MOLON LABE!!!!

(Arfcom cop)  No he isn't, It isn't, and this is why.  (fill in the blank)

(Egotistical cop basher)   !@#$%^&***  FUCK YOU!!!  I'm going to go off on a rant about things that are not even mentioned in the story, such as Waco, Checkpoints, shooting dogs, traffic tickets, DWI's, no-knock searches, donuts,  and the JBT that rousted me when I was 17, just to show how unstable   I am!!

You tell me which side has been let out on a day pass from the looneybin.

DISCLAIMER:  Rational adults that ask serious questions, don't throw insults and provoke a fight, and seriously want to KNOW are excepted from the above mental escapees.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#42]
To intercede into ya'll little tiff, I feel the need to say that there are VERY few people here (I'm one of them) than will call it like he sees it.  There are a few others but for the most part it's cop apologists, and cop haters.  Oddly enough most of the other people that will call each situation for what it is, are cops.  I'm not an LEO nor do I really have any desire to be one.  But I've spent over 7 years in the fire service and understand a little of what they go through.  Enough I guess that I have a little insight into what they go through.  And for those that say "don't take the job if you can't handle it" need to try it.  Aside from military, fire, or LE I think the most stressful jobs are the spouses or S/Os of these 3 jobs.  They are out there hanging ass over the line to protect YOU no matter how little you appreciate it.  You'd be a dick to if you put your heart and soul into your job and people pissed on you for doing it right and lied about you, because you were caught doing shit wrong.  

Are all cops perfect? No. Are you? No.   So no one wants to hear it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
That was anti-climatic.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was anti-climatic.

Sorry to dissapoint.  Don't worry there will be more melodrama along soon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job!

The smoker in question WAS NOT UNDERAGE.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'm thinking fishing expedition. Shit.  2 young guys, one of em has ink and metal all over his head and we're in a firebird.  Yay, we're fucked. .

Reason #7 many of us don't do tatoos.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking fishing expedition. Shit.  2 young guys, one of em has ink and metal all over his head and we're in a firebird.  Yay, we're fucked. .

Reason #7 many of us don't do tatoos.  

lol We  ALL pay certain prices for things we like.  But your right.  Thats why mine are all hidden.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
In related news: I went to the store to get some milk and I drove by a cop. He looked at me kinda funny for a second and continued on his path.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You know as well as I do that they don't have the balls to say it in person.

I will say ANYTHING I have said to a member on this board right to their face. (If you promise not to shoot me) Seriously, I have no problem saying anything I have directed at you right to your face. Maybe we can arrange a face to face friendly cop bashing discussion when I get back in a several months.

I go up there quite often to watch the IceBats when the SA Rampage are on the road because of the rodeo in SA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

WOW...tax dollars at work...

Jesus Christ
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top