Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:33 AM EDT
less than 2weeks ago...

Was like 3-5pgs long, had a ton of good information as far as what would lower your score and what wouldnt.  I thought it was titled like "What is your credit score" but I searched and couldnt find it.

Anyone?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Dunno, but if you want real good info, try creditboards.com. It takes alot of reading but it was well worth it. You can easily raise you score 50-100 points.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Strange, I posted in that thread several times but I can't find it either
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Strange, I posted in that thread several times but I can't find it either

It was a great thread.  Lots of good info.  

I was gonna show my buddy the thread...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see this too...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna IM a mod.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Free Credit Reports, just a FYI.

Somewhere in your free credit reports they mention that it costs $10 or so to get your score.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
not this one was it? www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=422849

Nah...

It had 2 guys arguing back and forth at each other in it.  I think it may have been locked/deleted because of it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#9]
It was in Team....I believe.

What's your credit score.....I  searched

ETA...That's weird. Must of got trashed
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:49:03 AM EDT
[#11]
If you cant find the thread you can find about 150,000,000 hits on the term 'credit report' using google. There is a ton of info out on the web, but there are a few basic things folks need to know...

You can get your credit report for free once a year, or anytime immediately following a rejected application for credit. A credit score (FICO) is a rating based on your credit report and a host of other attributes that fall into various categories.

3 companies produce the industry accepted credit reports; Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. (I think one of them is called Providian now, not sure, the names keep changing among the three)

1 Company Fair, Isaac (FICO) developed the credit score formula that determines a FICO Score.

Most credit card companies have programs that will provide both you report and score, and you can typically get this for free during a trial period. Aside from monitoring programs, most people should never need to pay to find out what their score is or what their report contains.

There is a lot more to it than this, but I am not the authority so I will leave to those that consider themself one. Just do some research...its a fairly simple concept, however Orwellian it may be.

Now what I would like to see is, someone that works as an actuary for one of those companies to post a thread here about the technical components of the score calculation. There are a million lists of things a person can do to improve their score, and yet more lists about act that hurt a score, but what I would love to see is the actual formula used to calculate the score...that seems to be a secret as I have yet to ever see a technical breakdown of the exact components and how they are weighted.

Good luck finding information, and be wary of sources...your credit history is nothing to chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top