Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 7:10:17 AM EDT
Still haven't figured out why all the pissed off, crazy, miserable customers only come in + or - one day of a full moon. Goofy dumbass questions on the phone, strange requests, etc...All kinds of car accidents in the last day or two around here, all morning I've been seeing fire trucks, police cars and ambulances racing past our store. Yesterday was no different. Two medi-vac choppers landed behind our shop yesterday to life flight accident victims....  And....  just now as I type this an ambulance... no wait... an ambulance and now another fire truck goes screaming by...

WTF ???
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
It is George Bush's fault.  I mean, really, did you put any thought into this?

Okay, one more time.   Repeat after me...

It is George Bush's fault.....

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Two more fire trucks just roared past....   In the OPPOSITE direction...

We have customers coming in the (rental) store asking about lawn aerators, mowers, and augers...  
Aerating season was three months ago... Who cuts grass in January ??? (besides FL)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It is the gravitational pull that puts undue internal cranial pressure on the right side of the brain, thus causing deep-seated leftward yearnings to manifest themselves at the same time that strange physiological changes happen causing overgrowth of body hair and the elongation of teeth.

Well....that's my theory anyways....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I see it too... though I can't help but wonder if it's just that we notice it more during full moons because everybody knows about the full moon legend. *shrug*

Basically, people don't need a reason to be stupid!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]
"Popular legend has it that the full moon brings out the worst in people: more violence, more suicides, more accidents, more aggression. The influence of the moon and behavior has been called "The Lunar Effect" or "The Transylvania Effect." The belief that the full moon causes mental disorders and strange behavior was widespread throughout Europe in the middle ages. Even the word "lunacy" meaning "insanity" comes from the Latin word for "moon.""

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
On the plus side, a full moon usually means that fishing is good!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Even more strange is the rental patterns I see sometimes.

For example...  A 2" trash pump. I haven't rented one of those in weeks, despite miserable wet weather. Today, I sent out two of them only minutes apart.
Floor saws.... Haven't rented one in prolly a month or more. Yesterday, we sent out no less than five of them.
A guy called yesterday about concrete blankets... it was 56 degrees yesterday. A few weeks before, when it was bitter cold... no calls for concrete blankets.

600cfm air compressor... only gets rented a few times a year to blow out golf course irrigation lines. A month ago, I had a waiting list for it... Everybody wanted it the same damn week or day.

These odd patterns always cause me to look at a calender and sure enough... it's a full moon.

Just like the company phones...
It will be dead silent in here for an hour or more sometimes... then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose...  all the phone lines start ringing, and 10 people come into the store at the same time...

It REALLY weird.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
On the plus side, a full moon usually means that fishing is good!

Huh? Isn't it the other way around?

I always have a tough time catching fish when the moon is full. The oldtimers say it is because they are able to feed with the moon light. So, they are not that hungry during the day and do not usually take the bait.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone studied emergency room case loads and found that a full moon on Friday the 13th are the worst days.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top