Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:57:52 AM EDT
Most of them are rude fucking idiots. I think some states have laws that prevent them from driving in the left lane, I wish we had that here in AZ. Every fucking morning during rush hour traffic on the way to work I get fucked by several of them, in fact just today one of those jack asses was cruising at 55mph in a 65mph zone in the fast lane when he could have easily just moved over into the middle lane. All this causes is a mad scramble as everyone tries to find away around the stupid mother fucker, and that's what's really dangerous, numerous cars at freeway speeds trying to change lanes at the same time to get away from some idiot.

Sometimes the morons like to side-by-side cruise at the exact same speed blocking ever single lane.

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
in phoenix, the truckers are the least of your problems
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Well I'm in Phoenix, and I can't stand some of them. Some are decent, but most of them seem to think it's fun to fuck people trying to get places.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTN.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
IBNW
(In before Nationwide)  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I'm in Phoenix, and I can't stand some of them. Some are decent, but most of them seem to think it's fun to fuck people trying to get places.

every time I go there I'm far more concerned about the stupid bleach blonde scottsdale dwelling california import bimbos who can hardly reach the wheel of their ford excursion around their massive fake tits while applying makeup and talking on the cell phone, those scare me.  or the trucks with the sonora plates that weave in and out of traffic that you know dont have insurance.

truckers are the least of my concern
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IBNW
(In before Nationwide)  

Beat ya.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IBTN.

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Most of them are rude fucking idiots. I think some states have laws that prevent them from driving in the left lane, I wish we had that here in AZ. Every fucking morning during rush hour traffic on the way to work I get fucked by several of them, in fact just today one of those jack asses was cruising at 55mph in a 65mph zone in the fast lane when he could have easily just moved over into the middle lane. All this causes is a mad scramble as everyone tries to find away around the stupid mother fucker, and that's what's really dangerous, numerous cars at freeway speeds trying to change lanes at the same time to get away from some idiot.

Sometimes the morons like to side-by-side cruise at the exact same speed blocking ever single lane.

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?

You know, our resident professional truck driver may be alot of things, but a dangerous, non-courteous driver he is not. Maybe there are alot out there that make it difficult for the rest of us to drive, so let's remember that. Despite Nationwide's sexual preferences and frequent trips to the Bay Area, I'm sure everything he does while driving is nothing but professional in nature.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this a Bash Truck Drivers thread?

OK, my bitch are the truck Nazi's that get side by side to block both lanes of the highway during traffic back-ups.  They get both lanes clogged up behind them, but often only one lane or a large open space is in front of them.  Try to get around them and they'll run you down into the ditch or median.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

OK, my bitch are the truck Nazi's that get side by side to block both lanes of the highway during traffic back-ups.  They get both lanes clogged up behind them, but often only one lane or a large open space is in front of them.  Try to get around them and they'll run you down into the ditch or median.

I've seen that shit too, what's that dumb shit all about, staying side by side even though there's like 50 car lengths open space in front of them?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I call that the 1mph race, one truck races the other one while only going 1 mph faster.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I give truckers a lot of respect because it is a hard job trying not to run over all the dumb ass drivers out there. I hate people in the passing lane with their criuse on so that it takes 5 miles to pass.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, those big stupid hard-working jerks delivering the products we need and want to the local stores so we have convenient, care-free lifestyles!  How dare they!

G
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I guess realistically, the majority of them probably are ok, but when I get get screwed by at least two everyday, at least once on the way to work and at least once on the way home so it seems worse than it might be.

OK, I hate assholes that drive trucks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yeah, those big stupid hard-working jerks delivering the products we need and want to the local stores so we have convenient, care-free lifestyles!  How dare they!

G

Uhhhhh....I never said truck drivers should be banned, I said they shouldn't fuck other people over just for the hell of it or cruise in the fast lane at way under the speed limit.

So because they deliver things we need, I should just sit back and enjoy being behind one in the fast lane that doesn't want to drive anywhere near the speed limit?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Look around your house sometime.  Care to guess how many items in your home were at some point transported on a truck??

All of them.

The problem isn't truckers. It's asshole drivers in general whether they drive trucks or cars or motorcycles.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Moving goods by train is more economical for long hauls. I'd like to see more train traffic / less truck traffic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look around your house sometime.  Care to guess how many items in your home were at some point transported on a truck??

All of them.

The problem isn't truckers. It's asshole drivers in general whether they drive trucks or cars or motorcycles.

I agree that about 80% of the population are simply too stupid to operate a motor vehicle, the truck drivers piss me off more because they're so big, not only can you not see around them, but if they do something dumb and hit you, you're pretty much dead.

That said, only about 5% of all fuck overs I receive from other drivers are from truck drivers, the rest are from just everyday fucking morons.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Uhhhhh....I never said truck drivers should be banned, I said they shouldn't fuck other people over just for the hell of it or cruise in the fast lane at way under the speed limit.

So because they deliver things we need, I should just sit back and enjoy being behind one in the fast lane that doesn't want to drive anywhere near the speed limit?

Well then edit your thread title to something that reflects your dismay with poorly operated vehicles of all sizes and classes.

G
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Moving goods by train is more economical for long hauls. I'd like to see more train traffic / less truck traffic.

Yeah, that'd be nice.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Well then edit your thread title to something that reflects your dismay with poorly operated vehicles of all sizes and classes.

G

Well this mornings rant is because I was getting screwed by truck drivers.

To be fair, I have also bitched about other people and how shitty they drive. It'll all even out, next week someone (non-truck driver) will do something insanely stupid and I'll post a rant about it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBNW
(In before Nationwide)  

Beat ya.

You threw me off with the "T" in there.  

Oh, but I still beat NW.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#26]
page 2
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

G

The hard-working part is probably only accurate to those who take their job seriously and try to do it to the best of their ability. In ever other profession there are slackers, I find it hard to believe that the trucking industry doesn't have its fair share.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't mind truck drivers.  I see a heck of a lot of crap they have to put up with from other drivers.  Yes, I see stupid truck drivers, but many more stupid car/truck/van drivers.  

I like it when two trucks block the road during a traffic backup.  It really chaps my hide when people see the back-up and drive to the front of the line and expect to be let in.  I laugh when they get stopped behind the trucks and sit there cussing!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#30]
So ya don't like truckers?

Fine, they probably don't like you either.

Tell ya what, go get yourself a CB, put it on ch.19 and leave it there. You'll find they are way more concerned with your safety than you realize.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Tell ya what, go get yourself a CB, put it on ch.19 and leave it there. You'll find they are way more concerned with your safety than you realize.

Not the ones that do 55mph in a 65mph zone in the fast during the morning rush hour.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd rather share roadspace with OTR/Long Haul drivers than the fucking scumbag braindead dangerous assholes that pilot the gravel trucks in my area. Nothing like trying to pull out of your neighborhood onto a road with a 35mph speed limit and nearly being creamed because the truck that was a quarter mile back is now 6 inches off your bumper. Why is he 6 inches off your bumper, you ask? I'll tell you. It's because he's doing double the fucking speed limit.

Nothing like 70 in a 35 while hauling doubles in a convoy of 6 trucks while only being one half CAR length from the truck in front to demonstrate you skillz.

And apparently, the 4 way stop signs don't fucking apply to them either. Shit, they don't even have to slow the fuck down. Throw soccer moms and illegals suckin down a Bud Light tallboy at 10AM to the mix, and you get Deathrace 2-fucking-thousand.

I need a fucking TOW missile for my Jeep. It doesn't even have to fucking work--I just need to be able to traverse it to point at the motherfucking offenders. And no, that's not extreme. These asshole imbeciles aren't afraid of the fucking train, so maybe the thought of immediate firey death would encourage them to get a fucking come-along and extract their fucking heads from their fucking rectums.

FUCK!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Your damn straight we do.  Do you know why?  Because your stupid butt thinks that your time is more important than any one elses and when there is a sign that says a lane is closed you will run down to the end and cut someone off.  Thereby making the backup a lot worse.  If you notice, when the truckes do that, the traffic from that point forward moves a whole lot better.  You want to slam on truckers, what about all the idiots that cut us off in construction or race for the exit cutting us off.  Try driving one for a while before you run your mouth.  Maybe when you understand what it takes to get 80,000# rolling and then stopped, you will see why we sometimes block a lane.  How many times have you, knowing that a lane will run out, race off of a light to get in front of a truck and then cut him off?   How many times have you, knowing your exit was coming up fly around a truck only cut him off and stomp on the brakes right in front of him because you were going too fast for the off ramp?  How many times have you forced your way in front of a truck at a merge?

What truck drivers hate:  All the things I mentioned above.  Plus split speed limits which cause idiots to race for ramps.  Lane restrictions so we have to keep hitting the brakes and reaccelerating because of idiots like those mentioned above.  Stupid pencil pushers that have no clue about how their BS laws negatively affect our ability to move and increase our fuel consumption.  Jerks that sit there and whine about trucks but aren't willing to do without what we deliver.  (If you did you would be sitting naked in the woods throwing rocks at rabbits for dinner and rubbing 2 sticks together for a fire to cook them over.  No home, no clothes, no food, no TV, no cell phone, no car, no gas, no guns, no ammo, no ANYTHING!!!)  Jerks that think they own the highway not knowing that the Eisenhower interstate system was built by the federal government which has only 2 jobs, national defense and interstate commerce.  These highways were built for trucks and the military.  Not for your little commute.  I drive more in a month than you do in a year.  Also, if trucks are so bad, why are 73% of all accidents involving commercial vehicles CAUSED BY CARS!!!!?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#34]
You hate truck drivers?

I'm gonna fire one of mine in a couple hours when he gets back on the yard.

I'll fire him in honor of you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Hell yeah, take some truck drivers that drive like shit, throw in a few socker moms and dumbass drunk illegal aliens and a few morons driving 90mph in a Super Duty Ford with a 16" lift and 44" tires without any brake upgrades and I wonder how I'm even still alive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the ones that do 55mph in a 65mph zone in the fast during the morning rush hour.

Maybe he is trying to recover his speed after the last pecker head that cut him off!!!!!!

As to rail...What a friggen joke.  Too damn slow and unreliable.  Example....Large mine dump truck sent by rail.  Must be shipped in pieces.  Chassis ends up in AZ, Bucket ends up in GA frame ends up in NY and the wheels actually got to where it was supposed to go in PA.  How is that for rail.  They took trucks from those locations to get the parts where they belonged after rail had screwed up.  How about the box car they found in San Diego in 99 full of munitions that were supposed to go to the Marines in Iwo Jima.  For 55 years that box car was sitting there lost.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#37]
PsyWarrior:

I try to give trucks all the room they need because I know I don't wanna get squished by a 40ton monster because I did something stupid.  Some drivers hate me because I typically let trucks over when they need to pass someone rather than zoom ahead and make them wait on everyone coming up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Coming soon!

89grand: I hate train drivers.  Always swerving onto my track and taking forever to turn around in the carosel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coming soon!

89grand: I hate train drivers.  Always swerving onto my track and taking forever to turn around in the carosel.

Well there is a train track right on a major street I have to drive on to get to work and those dumb asses like to go back, go forward, go back, go forward about 10 times only during the busiest times of the day.

Keep checking GD for my future Train rant.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks redleg.  I was simply trying to point out that the situation that 89 is fussing about may not be the drivers fault.  It takes a lot of time to get 40 tons rolling or stopped.  Yes, we will block a lane at construction, but have explained why.  People in cars fuss about having to sit 20 minutes in a backup.  If a car and truck arrive at the backup sided by side and the car sits for 20 minutes, I guarantee that the truck sits for an hour.  This is because we are constantly abused by people in cars that do not realize how hazardous their actions are.  We are extremely regulated and every time someone cuts us off, it is taking money out of our pockets.  We face penalties for late deliveries, increased fuel consumption because of having to brake and reaccelerate.  If we have to brake for some one exiting the highway in the previously mentioned post, it takes an additional half gallon of fuel to regain speed and get to the same location as if we had not braked.  You multiply that by how many times a day that happens to us then by days in a week and weeks in a year, you are looking at thausands of dollars a year because of rude car drivers.  Would you go to McDonalds or the bank, see a line and just jump in front of everyone?  If not, then why do it on the highway?  If you treat me with respect, I will treat you with respect.  If you are rude and want to race to the lane closure, you better have 4 wheel drive and be willing to use it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'd rather share roadspace with OTR/Long Haul drivers than the fucking scumbag braindead dangerous assholes that pilot the gravel trucks in my area. Nothing like trying to pull out of your neighborhood onto a road with a 35mph speed limit and nearly being creamed because the truck that was a quarter mile back is now 6 inches off your bumper. Why is he 6 inches off your bumper, you ask? I'll tell you. It's because he's doing double the fucking speed limit.

Nothing like 70 in a 35 while hauling doubles in a convoy of 6 trucks while only being one half CAR length from the truck in front to demonstrate you skillz.

And apparently, the 4 way stop signs don't fucking apply to them either. Shit, they don't even have to slow the fuck down. Throw soccer moms and illegals suckin down a Bud Light tallboy at 10AM to the mix, and you get Deathrace 2-fucking-thousand.

I need a fucking TOW missile for my Jeep. It doesn't even have to fucking work--I just need to be able to traverse it to point at the motherfucking offenders. And no, that's not extreme. These asshole imbeciles aren't afraid of the fucking train, so maybe the thought of immediate firey death would encourage them to get a fucking come-along and extract their fucking heads from their fucking rectums.
FUCK!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

FUCK!

I dont condone dump truck drivers at all. The problem is that they are paid by the load, not by the hour. The more loads they can squeeze into a 12 hour day the more money they make.  Yes you are right in your observation. They do kill a few people every year. I myself cannot stand them either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
PsyWarrior:

I try to give trucks all the room they need because I know I don't wanna get squished by a 40ton monster because I did something stupid.  Some drivers hate me because I typically let trucks over when they need to pass someone rather than zoom ahead and make them wait on everyone coming up.

Try 80 ton monster
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Feel free to come to the wonderful state of IL. We ticket those assholes that drive slow in the passing lane.

The best part is that you don't need guns here either. According to our wonderful gov. Daley err Blago.
<sarcasm off>
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try 80 ton monster

Try "you're an idiot with numbers."

40 ton is what you see every day on the road, sometimes up to 50. Eighty ton, percentage-wise, almost never occurs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#46]
I have made a few strange observations back when I was driving medium trucks for work. The place I worked had incredibly crappy straight trucks, the best of which topped out at 70 on a good day. So when on the highway, we just sit in the right lane with the pedal to the floor. Cars and semis would pass us cleanly, but the problem came along with other people driving crappy trucks. Some would have just barely enough power to try to pass us. They'd sit there next to us, probably with their gas floored too, for what seemed like 10 minutes, trying to get past. Some would manage to make it, others would sit there for a while, then drop back again. Kinda like the race of the cripples or something.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try 80 ton monster

Try "you're an idiot with numbers."

40 ton is what you see every day on the road, sometimes up to 50. Eighty ton, percentage-wise, almost never occurs.

Although there are some 80 ton gross trucks out there, they are usually carrying  extreme loads with a police escort.  General GVWR however is 80,000# which is 40 ton.  Of course, that is another prime example of the ignorant trying to legislate what they know nothing about.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#48]
One of the reasons you see the 1 mph race is because most of the large fleets are governed. You have one truck thats governed at 63 and another truck governed at 64 and the race is on. Then you have states that have split speeds like here in Oregon. trucks drive 55 while autos go 65. All this does is create a rolling roadblock. As far as the graval trucks go... most of them haul ass because they are paid by the Ton. It just makes sense to haul as much per day as possible. Around here we call them super truckers. Lowes is currently building a DC in my town on a 200 acre wetland. There are between 20 and 50 trucks running daily most drive normal but there are a few jippos who drive like idiots trying to make an extra load.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#49]
As a driver of 13 years I have seen it all from the cab of a truck...

Yes there are asshats that drive trucks, just like the asshats in cars, suv's, and on motorcycles...Bad drivers are not exclussive to trucks alone they are everywhere...If you feel that strongly about the people that bring you everything you have in life, simply boycott everything we haul...I don't want to hear the "train" bullshit either, trains don't go to your local Wally World or grocery store....

Nationwide its your turn...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?

I drive for a living let's not forget the people you say you hate brought you your computer,vehicle and virtually everything you use in daily life. Yes just like any industry we do have our fair share of A-Holes. I've been doing it for 17 years and the first thing people say is "Oh so all you do is drive" you couldn't be more wrong. I wish I could take you with me for a week I think your opinion would change and if your opinion doesn't change look in your rearview mirror and I'll be 2 inches off your a$$
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top