Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:29:05 AM EDT
I have to email a file to a magazine for an advertisment i am doing.  I made the add in microsoft publisher.  I emailed it to them and they told me they could not open it in the format that it is in.  They say i have to change it to jpeg or tiff.  How do i do that?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
what programs do you have access to?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any other publisher programs, if thats what your asking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
any other graphics programs? What do you use for photos?

What format is the file in now?

Have you checked what your "save as" options are in Publisher?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
What photo-editing software program do you have.  I use Corel's PaintShop Pro 10 which allows me to save a photo in dozens of different graphic formats.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you open it in Micosoft Photo Editor? If you can, then you can do a "save as" and pick jpeg.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Publisher is teh Ghey. But I've got it on my computer. If the file's not too big, IM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. You can send me the file and I'll save it as a PDF or JPG for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The most basic MS Photo Editor lets you save images into other formats. Photoshop does as well.

When you open the image in whatever program you have, you might have a "Save As" feature. Click on that and see what happens. Hopefully, whatever you have it in now won't lose anything changing formats (like some .gifs do when you change to .jpgs).
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I think i got it.  In publisher i was able to click save as and do it.  I guess i really need to get a better program if i am going to keep doing ads for my business!  What do you guys recommened?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#10]
if you want the whole 9 yards, get Illustrator.

but if you can accomplish what you need to in Publisher you should stick with it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess i really need to get a better program if i am going to keep doing ads for my business!  What do you guys recommened?

GIMP for Windows saves in .eps format, which pretty much is the "standard" for this sort of print use. That's the same file format that you'd be saving the ads as if you had Photoshop or Illustrator. gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

GIMP takes a bit to learn your way around using it, but it is free and it does do a lot.
~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top