Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 5:34:29 AM EDT by _DR]
But For me it proves why the United States must stay in Iraq until we finish the job.

They use tactics like images out of context, repeated images at different (and the same) angles and also some destroyed equipment that was not destroyed by them, such as the C-130 which was destroyed during a runway maintenance accident. Still, a lot of the images are what they appear to be.

The mocking of GWB is poorly done, but probably consistent with their rather amateurish production skills.

Overall, I think it has the opposite effect to what they intended. I think it shows the US fighting man as a sensitive, dedicated and resilient soldier, one who does not quit when the going gets tough.
The political message is fairly weak.

You be the judge, but be warned, there is graphic propaganda and graphic images in the clip, which is quite long. Also a few images you may not see in the domestic media. Originally posted at it's happening This site has POVs from all sides - not sure I would want to hang out there.

Iraqi Insurgent Propaganda video

ETA - direct download possible, 13.4MB, right click and save as, or single cllick and view if you have a blazing fast connection.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:07:37 AM EDT
is there any graphic violence, like heads being chopped off?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 8:13:11 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By USGI_45:
is there any graphic violence, like heads being chopped off?

No, still images of wounded iraqis and US soldiers, blood. Lots of destroyed equipment, burning APCs, Iraqis dancing on burning Humvees, set to arab music and mocking voice overs of George W. Bush, and the like.

But no, nothing like that (that I remember - I did fast forward through some of the repetitive images though so I could have missed something so proceed with caution).

They try to paint the insurgents in a heroic light.
But as I said, makes US troops look like the heroes IMO, if you watch it to the end.

I don't think that is what they intended. Does Tokyo Rose sound familiar? Hanoi Hannah? Lord HaHa?
I think it was intended for a western audience. To demoralize. etc. It backfires, in my opinion.

Propaganda is generally only effective on the uninformed masses.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:16:45 AM EDT
Retards showed some of their own equipment blown up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 5:19:38 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By ALLANJ:
Retards showed some of their own equipment blown up.

Not the most astute producers. Russian equipment, yep. But bear in mind it's geared for the viewer who is uneducated in military hardware, etc. Micheal moore types. All looks the same to them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:20:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:21:50 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:22:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:
Tagged for home...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:22:40 AM EDT
tag for later!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:31:37 AM EDT
Barring the obvious errors, I will say it is surprisingly well done. Why don't our Psyop and counter intel get together and hack their computers and put our own productions on their web sites? If I were still in, that is what I would do. Flood thier web sites with videos that are pro US. Of course, the liberal press in the US would raise a stink over that just like they did about our PSYOP activities using the Iraqi press.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:33:26 AM EDT
Yawn,
Sniper video was a lot better. I could have slept thru that one.

Why dont they make a video showing all the insurgents we have killed, oh wait, that would mean hours upon hours of video
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:38:53 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 5:44:29 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By svtfast:
Yawn,
Sniper video was a lot better. I could have slept thru that one.

This one? 24MB

Why dont they make a video showing all the insurgents we have killed, oh wait, that would mean hours upon hours of video

Because it's a propaganda film. It's intended to drive up morale among the insurgents and demoralize us.

Obviously not very effective at the latter. Insurgencies have to put out lots of propaganda or they would have no supporters.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:31:05 AM EDT

Such videos make me wish I could go back in time and join the military. The sniper video is definitely more intense. Fucking pieces of shit. I say nuke 'em.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:12:38 AM EDT
It is of course disturbing to see but many of those pics were dupes, trips and even four time repeats. Also many appeared to be the same incident from a different camera angle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 7:20:04 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By Mustang50:
It is of course disturbing to see but many of those pics were dupes, trips and even four time repeats. Also many appeared to be the same incident from a different camera angle.

Makes one wonder if Michael Moore wasn't on the production crew doesn't it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:28:59 AM EDT
Wow you know how thier degenerate language has that Hock-a-lugey sound that they make everynow and again???? Who knew you could put that thorat hocking sound to Music? She loves you hhhhhhugg yeah yeah yeah! She loves you hhhhhhuggg yeah yeah yeah! Wow maybe the rappers could make that the new sound when they rap! Watch out fatboys here comes HHHHHAAAAAAAAKKmed the iraqi rapper! HAAAAK-tooooy!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:09:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:
Tagged for home...

What he said.
Top Top