Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
I was just out running in my neighborhood when this black SUV was driving around the neighborhood REALLY slowly mabye 5mph or so. It was just really suspicious and all the windows were tinted. I've ran around my neghborhood a thousand times and I know everyone's cars, whoever was driving definitely wasn't from here.

I didn't really think much of it at all though until about the second time it passed me but instead of driving by it STOPPED right next to where I was running and just sat there for a second or two and then peeled out really fast and stopped mabye 200 feet away, then just kept driving slowly again. I was foolish and should have ran home at this point, but I thought they were gone and just kept running... about 5 minutes later I see headlights coming from behind me and I glance over my shoulder and see the same SUV again, going the same slow speed. It again stopped next to me and peeled out, now at this point I was getting pretty nervous. I stayed calm though and kept running at my normal pace until the SUV was out of sight, as soon as it was out of sight I took off running the other direction towards my house and called 911 and told them everything and how it was really suspicious and bizarre... they said they would send out an officer to drive around my subdivision and check things out.

If a bunch of guys got out of the car or something I really have no idea what I would have done, every scenario was going through my head though and this was the first time I really wish I had a CWP, but it was stupid of me to not even bring a cell phone. The second I got in my house I went and unlocked my safe "just in case" and then I called 911.

And the worst part is I didn't get to finish my run, but I guess sprinting half a mile to get back home made up for it
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like some cracked out fiends couldn't make up their minds to rob you or not.  Either that or you look just like someone of another persons shit list.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
your quickest access to a gun is one that is in a safe that you have to unlock?

...regardless, bring something to fight with.  even a rape whistle!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Children.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
your quickest access to a gun is one that is in a safe that you have to unlock?

...regardless, bring something to fight with.  even a rape whistle!

My safe has the traditional rotating combination lock which takes 2 minutes to get open... but it's also got a quick access key slot which acts as a "day lock" and can opened in less than a second.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The right front tire may be pulling under heavy acceleration. I've never cleared the area of joggers when I do my off highway tests to see that my vehicle is operating safely.

I myself carry thousands of dollars when I'm jogging in my cute little shorts - I understand your fears  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't help but add-

Why do you mention the SUV is black? Are you racist or something?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You'll wake up with a lump on your head and an ass crack full of bloody shit!  It happened to Henry Bowman and he was a gun toting superman.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You'll wake up with a lump on your head and an ass crack full of bloody shit!  It happened to Henry Bowman and he was a gun toting superman.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

thats disgusting!  but i love it!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I did not enjoy that part of the book.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Well upon being accosted by a bunch of druggies while jogging, the clear statement that"oh sure I have my wallet with me. Where do you think I keep it in these things?"  that should sink in however slowly that they picked a dry well.

If you aren't a dry well or they decide to take you home, then you are in trouble.

Criminals, although usually stupid, should be smart enough to realize a jogging man isn't a good target.  Unless they're gay rapists on a rampage.  

But calling it in was a good idea.

Or they could have been manly men trying to decide if they wanted to embarass themselves by asking for directions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...this black SUV was driving around the neighborhood REALLY slowly mabye 5mph or so. It was just really suspicious and all the windows were tinted. I've ran around my neghborhood a thousand times and I know everyone's cars, whoever was driving definitely wasn't from here.

you sure it wasn't from some alphabet agency?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like some dumbass teenagers laughing about freaking out the jogger to me

It takes you two minutes to open a combo lock ? It might sound dumb but I have actually timed myself on mine (4 numbers) and can usually do it in less than 15 seconds (there is always something available at hand anyway). Better practice.  

You are in Fl, get a CWL (Concealed Weapons License). Go to here licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html
and learn all about it than ask me some questions if you want to, do the elctronic fingerprints, you will get it back faster.

For jogging buy a light Kel-tec .32 or .380 and a pocket holster or put the clip on it, should be secure enough, just test your set-up thoroughly until you are comfortable with it.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sounds like some dumbass teenagers laughing about freaking out the jogger to me

It takes you two minutes to open a combo lock ? It might sound dumb but I have actually timed myself on mine (4 numbers) and can usually do it in less than 15 seconds (there is always something available at hand anyway). Better practice.  

You are in Fl, get a CWL (Concealed Weapons License). Go to here licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html
and learn all about it than ask me some questions if you want to, do the elctronic fingerprints, you will get it back faster.

For jogging buy a light Kel-tec .32 or .380 and a pocket holster or put the clip on it, should be secure enough, just test your set-up thoroughly until you are comfortable with it.  

I just got my safe a few days ago actually, so I still need to practice with the combo lock and get my time down.

I would love to get my CWL, but unfortunately i'm only 20 right now.  Thanks for the link with the info and also the suggestion for a Kel-tec.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Too many people think about getting a CWP after they've gone through an incident where they could have used one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Too many people think about getting a CWP after they've gone through an incident where they could have used one.

I plan to take the class the day after my 21st birthday.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I am buying a digital safe tomorrow morning, no stinking combinations for me!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You may be preaching to the choir, but, if cwp was used here... the author wold want to archive the "what happens when you get out of prison" thread.

An SUV, in which you cannot identify, does not afford you harmless the striking of primers towards said vehicle. Unless, you are very, very, very, dumb.

Some people, take themselves way too seriously.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may be preaching to the choir, but, if cwp was used here... the author wold want to archive the "what happens when you get out of prison" thread.

An SUV, in which you cannot identify, does not afford you harmless the striking of primers towards said vehicle. Unless, you are very, very, very, dumb.

Some people, take themselves way too seriously.

Of course.

If I did have a firearm and CWL, I would only have drawn the firearm as a last resort if anyone got out of the SUV and came after me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top