User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No reason to.

Many Southern states passed restrictive gun laws to disarm blacks and Republicans.

That's still the answer in Texas, by and large, though our pols have made some minor steps forward in the last 100 years.  

ETA: Except, in TX, from what I remember hearing/reading, it was dual-purpose: The Yanks were for it, since it disarmed the populace they were trying to subjugate during Reconstruction, and the "non-Yanks" were for it for the reasons you stated above.  The non-Yanks didn't have any power during Reconstruction, though, so it was basically a Yankee thing here.  My understanding.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hope there are more.

I just wish all states that have CCW would recognize the other states CCW, for a start.

Why can't a P&I case be made along these lines?  Is it that the state in question has to have a similar "status" (for want of a better term)?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope there are more.

I just wish all states that have CCW would recognize the other states CCW, for a start.

that is my biggest gripe about CCW. drivers liscences are  but not CCWs!

Funny how that works, seing as a car has more potential to do harm than any handgun...

And how the privileges are recognized across state lines, but not rights.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm actually not for non-CCW permit carry.

I worry about all the crack smoking retards that I grew up with being armed. I guess they all are anyways from the looks of things so might as well arm a few of the good guys to fire back huh?

That's the way I see it, Paul.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I worry about all the crack smoking retards that I grew up with being armed. I guess they all are anyways from the looks of things so might as well arm a few of the good guys to fire back huh?

Therein lies the rub.  The bad guys and idiots will be armed anyway, so lets level the playing field.

Hell I think they ought to teach marksmanship (and personal finance) in high school anyway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Read: Let's create a law applying to everyone because the small minority are going to act stupid...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quite an epiphany you had there.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Be careful what you wish for ... Out-of-State CCW-holders can carry in VT (as you know, they have no requirement or CCW), yet other states have no licence FROM Vermont to recognise. Therefore, VT citizens CAN NOT carry in those states. They don't have a permit to reciprocate with.  This is true in Florida, at least.     Stay safe

Not true, Florida issues out of state residents a CCW.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
montana

and new jersey

Idaho.

P.S. Montana and Idaho=  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#10]
bump
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hope there are more.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.

I only have one drivers license and I can cruise all 50 states why cant I carry the same?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Virginia is working on it...

from VCDL:

Delegate Clay Athey (R-Front Royal) has introduced HB 1106 for VCDL.
This bill is "Alaska carry" for vehicles and for a gun owner's
private property (like a boat or farm land).  No permit required for
a law-abiding citizen to have a concealed handgun in the car or boat
or other property owned by the gun owner!

Here is a link to the bill:

leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?061+ful+HB1106

Delegate Athey has also submitted HB 1105, which is full Alaska carry
(no permit required for carry concealed, but permits would still
exist for those that want them).

Delegate Tom Gear (R-Hampton) has put in a 'stand your ground bill' -
HB 879!  Here is the bill:

leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?061+ful+HB879

F'ing cool.

huh? you need a permit to carry on your own land?  that's whacked

No, the bill extends your current right of carrying on your own land, to carrying in your own vehicle (boat/car).
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope there are more.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.

I only have one drivers license and I can cruise all 50 states why cant I carry the same?

Because guns are evil killing machines capable of spreading death and destruction across a wide area.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top