Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, more proof that Glocks SUCK!!!  Bwahahaha!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a glock 19 that will discharge itself if left in the sun too long.  Weird thing, really.

Was at the range and the G19 is loaded and striker is ready to release when the trigger is pulled.  However, sitting in the sun for about 30 minutes while I'm sighting in a deer rifle, the thing fires itself while it is lying on its side on a box I use to put my shooting stuff on.  The gun fired and started spinning around and fell to the ground.  I have no idea why it went off by itself.

Weird... anyone ever hear of this before?

lawdog

BS.

Send it back to Glock and have them duplicate your claims.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I gotta call BS on this one,

The striker only ready to release after the trigger is pulled,
Before that it is hooked on the trigger, but not under any real tension.

Maybe the sun heated the firearm up to the point where the powder 'cooked off'
Was the sun unusally close (and very large), Do you recall if the surounding trees were bursting into flames too? This would be a good indicator.

No way,it would have had to of been hundreds of degrees for that to happen.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We have the makings of a mythbusters episode here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You gonna reply lawdog, or are you just gonna sit back and enjoy the results of a half-assed troll post?

Yup,what an ass.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe I have the answer....
I saw it happen with MY Glock 17....
I laid it down on the table with a mag in it but without a round chambered....
Then it happened. I saw it with my own two eyes.
An ant crawled across the table, he jumped up and down on the slide release until it chambered a round.
Then the ant walked down to the trigger...
The little som'bitch put his hind feet on the trigger guard and with a big grunt..... I could hear him, he pushed on the damn trigger until the gun went off!
Amazing thing is, he hit the bullseye of the target, 300 yards it was........
Swear to the good lord... I wouldn't lie.

Damn ants..... can't trust'em.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We have the makings of a mythbusters episode here.

A very boring Mythbusters episode!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Alright, more proof that Glocks SUCK!!!  Bwahahaha!!!

No they don't...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Detachable clips and pistol grip makes AR's more deadly.  It's true !!!!    Please.... for the children......
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm not even buying a round cook off. There's no way in hell it could get hot enough in the sun. Shit, I've heard stories of ammo cases surviving fires without a round discharging. That glock would have to get HOT, I mean REALLY HOT. Like, you couldn't touch it hot. Like, it would require welding gloves to handle it hot. Texas is hot, but it ain't that damn hot. Sorry.

+1

Read "Hatcher's Notebook" and he describes such instances.  One story describes a house fire in which a case of primers whose outer cardboard box was charred without a single primer going off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Why was a loaded pistol left sitting on the firing line in the first place?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
cook off LOL
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Obtain the following:
1 a large pot of water
2 a stove
3 a loaded, chambered Glock

Bring water to boil, add Glock, run.

Try for the world's first self-actuating aqua-bump.

Get back to us ASAP with the results.

Midwinter
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE

This morning the door bell rang and I answered it.  There were 3 guys in black spandex bodysuits with black ball caps on.  The ball caps had "GLOCK" above the brims.  The head guy said that they were there to pick up the special Glock.  I played dumb but I was still in my jammies so I wasn't too confidence inspiring.

They said they received a report about my Glock (there must be a leak inside ARFCOM!!!!) and they weren't going to leave without it.  I asked if I would get it back.  They said "No".  I asked if I could have another one or at least give me the money to buy another.  The head guy went out to his vehicle (it was one of those Geek Squad looking kind of cars) and he brought back something to the house.

The guy handed me a plastic container.  I opened it and looked inside.  It was an XD45 tactical model !!  I said, "Cool" and they loaded up and left.

I'm pretty happy with the swap but has this ever happened to anyone else before???

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=425173

My shrink diagnosed me today (finally!) with bi-polar disorder type 2. It runs in the family but I never thought of myself as "strange". Quite ordinary except for perhaps being a bit "eccentric".

Doc has prescribed Lamictal for the condition. So.... who here has bi-polar type II (there has to be some people here surely) who have the disorder and what can I expect in regard to treatment? Anyone take Lamictal for other medical conditions (epilepsy, etc.)? What side effects, if any, have you experienced or what can you expect???

Come-on, let me here from ya'.

Lawdog

Need to up those meds.

Couldn't be an attempt to be able to say "x % of posters on the Internet's number one firearms-related forum have bipolar disorder"............ could it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I gotta call BS on this one,

The striker only ready to release after the trigger is pulled,
Before that it is hooked on the trigger, but not under any real tension.

Maybe the sun heated the firearm up to the point where the powder 'cooked off'
Was the sun unusally close (and very large), Do you recall if the surounding trees were bursting into flames too? This would be a good indicator.

No way,it would have had to of been hundreds of degrees for that to happen.

It would have to be hundreds of degrees for trees to burst into flames, per Young-Kiwi's example.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I ain't buying it either, but another good reason to buy an XD!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#19]
This is bull.

I have fired about 500 rounds through a pistol in a matter of an hour, and no cook offs. The gun got hot enough that you couldn't touch the slide and it actually started to melt the Kydex holster, but no cook-offs.

Unless the boogey man was there pulling the trigger, there is no way that Glock went off just sitting there.

Period.

The striker isn't even cocked enough to set off the primer in an at-rest state, not to mention the firing pin safety wouldn't permit the striker to contact the primer even if it was.

Nothing true about this "story" AT ALL.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
UPDATE

This morning the door bell rang and I answered it.  There were 3 guys in black spandex bodysuits with black ball caps on.  The ball caps had "GLOCK" above the brims.  The head guy said that they were there to pick up the special Glock.  I played dumb but I was still in my jammies so I wasn't too confidence inspiring.

They said they received a report about my Glock (there must be a leak inside ARFCOM!!!!) and they weren't going to leave without it.  I asked if I would get it back.  They said "No".  I asked if I could have another one or at least give me the money to buy another.  The head guy went out to his vehicle (it was one of those Geek Squad looking kind of cars) and he brought back something to the house.

The guy handed me a plastic container.  I opened it and looked inside.  It was an XD45 tactical model !!  I said, "Cool" and they loaded up and left.

I'm pretty happy with the swap but has this ever happened to anyone else before???

lawdog

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Could Glock get back at this dude for willfully and maliciously misrepresenting their product or some other laywer speak?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I love how you guys jump to conclusions based on little to no evidence, and immediately condemn someone a liar, any thing is possible!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I love how you guys jump to conclusions based on little to no evidence, and immediately condemn someone a liar, any thing is possible!

Ok, so would you mind how explaining how a weapon that would be nowhere near hot enough to cook off a round, a weapon who's method of ignition (striker) does not have the tension required to set a round off, and who's striker is BLOCKED by a firing pin block (that cannot be depressed without pulling the trigger) suddenly discharged a round? Because unless there was a wormhole and Dianne Feinswine's twin reached through and gave the trigger a squeeze, it couldn't have happened...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

some of us actually understand how firearms work, and what this asshat has described cannot happen
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Same thing happened to me when I left it out in the sun at a gas station car wash. It started shooting homeless people while it was spinning. Then it winged a pump and blew the place up. The only reason I survived is because I and my car were wet from the car wash... but the blast wave of heat dried me and the car instantly... even melted off a few bugs on the grill. Funniest thing.

Wait a second, are you saying you went to a car wash, and DIDN'T draw down?!? What's this site coming to?

Can't you read?!? It drew itself down! It's a self-aware Glock. We're all doomed!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#27]
No not BS.  Apparently he got one of those rare Vampire Glocks.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Let's see...we have to tippy toe around the "gay" members on here for fear of being banned and this assmunch makes one of the lamest troll threads ever and nothing happens?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I would have believed it if you said it went KaBoom, since that is what everyone says they do. Strange, my glocks have never done this in the Az sun. Maybe your Sun Fu is just soo much stronger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...and this assmunch makes one of the lamest troll threads ever and nothing happens?

+1. He isn't funny, but that doesn't seem to stop him.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#31]
He isn't funny, but that doesn't seem to stop him.

Tomi-boy you could hurt someone's feelings with those fingers of yours (typing that is).  Lighten up Francis and live longer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#32]
WOW Icame home the other day and all 7 of my glocks. Were sitting at my kitchen table playing poker.I told them after that hand to go oil themselves and get back in the safe.So they put breakfree on each other and got back in the safe.I sure am glad they dont know how to open the front door.Just think of the trouble they could get in especialy in this hot florida sun.LAWDOG quite possibly the worlds most perfect MORON.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Didn’t realize it was this guys M.O. proceeded,

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Tomi-boy you could hurt someone's feelings with those fingers of yours (typing that is).  Lighten up Francis and live longer.

When so many people are telling you that you aren't funny, guess what? You aren't funny.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When so many people are telling you that you aren't funny, guess what? You aren't funny.

+1

You aren't funny...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#37]
trolling/personal attacks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top