Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 8:54:49 AM EDT
Man sues chatroom pals: I was humiliated beyond what 'no man could endure'    

An AOL chatroom named 'Romance — Older Men' was the scene of unbearable humiliation for one chatter, according to a new lawsuit.  

By J.K. Dineen
Court TV
Mike Marlowe fully admits that he sometimes gave George Gillespie a hard time in that AOL chatroom.

But never in his wildest imagination did he expect to be sued in court for what he characterized as "razzing."

"We gave him crap," said Marlowe, a 33-year-old welder in Fayette, Ala. "I'm not going to deny it. I teased him and he teased me back. He gave it back better than he ever got it."

A generation ago, such petty personal beefs might have been settled with fists outside the corner bar, but now it's the Internet age — and Ohio resident George Gillespie instead filed a $25,000 lawsuit against two erstwhile cyber chums he met in the sprawling 900-room, mostly anonymous society that makes up AOL's chat universe.

Gillespie, 53, claims that Marlowe and Bob Charpentier, a 52-year-old Oregon resident, insulted him and harassed him in the AOL chatroom called "Romance — Older Men" to the point where it inflicted "severe emotional distress and physical injury that is of a nature no reasonable man could be expected to endure it."

www.courttv.com/news/2006/0112/chatroom_suit_ctv.html

Don't make fun of me!   Really!   I mean it!   You better stop!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
and I think you're a buttlicking moronic waste of oxygen.

there, I said it, SUE ME! I DARE YA!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Dupe!!!

Now sue me for hurting your feelings.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#4]

you guys have picked on me for the last time!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
HEY!  You ...dupe police!   Who made you boss?  I cannot be reasonably expected to edure that kind of harassement!

Now, what are your real names and address so I can have you served with a subpeona?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HEY!  You ...dupe police!   Who made you boss?  I cannot be reasonably expected to edure that kind of harassement!

Now, what are your real names and address so I can have you served with a subpeona?

If I tell you, will you promise to bring guns and beer?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/hardcorps1775/TeamDD.jpg

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's a pic of SgtAR15's house...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/hardcorps1775/TeamDD.jpg

I think I know that guy! I think he is a PITA on an action figure board I used to be on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=426937
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top