Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 7:52:13 AM EDT
Background: Dog's never bitten anyone, but is very excitable and likes to bark and jump on people when they come to the door. We've gotten him to the point where he doesn't do it to family members (unless we've been gone a long time and he's happier to see us than usual), but any stranger who approaches MUST be barked at, and the dog bounces off their legs and sniffs them.

So I get a knock on the door, put on my pants, grab three handguns with tactical lights and laser grips, stick them in the waistband, grab my Fox OC, expanding baton, Surefire, and the knife Rambo used in First Blood part 1. You know, the usual load. Plus a beer for fortitude.

Okay, so everything after "pants" is BS. This is ARFCOM. Get with it.

I answer the door, the Fed Ex guy manages to ask if I'm the guy on the package and hand it to me before the dog explodes out the door (took the moment of opportunity when I opened the screen to grab the package) barking like an idiot. I have NEVER seen anyone react that fast; he had his legs and crotch covered with his clipboard before the dog was even entirely out of the door. I yelled at the dog that he wasn't playing and to get inside, then apologized to the guy for getting startled like that. By the time I could get "have a nice day" out of my mouth he was already in the truck.

So... Anyone care to guess if "batshit psycho but mostly harmless dog" makes it in his day's report?

Edit: grammar
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I get a knock on the door, put on my pants, grab three handguns with tactical lights and laser grips, stick them in the waistband, grab my Fox OC, expanding baton, Surefire, and the knife Rambo used in First Blood part 1. You know, the usual load. Plus a beer for fortitude.

*sigh*...

They always forget the tape measure and the stapler.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Push the dog away from the door next time.

Use your foot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt it. I bet that sort of thing happens all the time
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Push the dog away from the door next time.

Use your foot.

He wasn't AT the door until the screen opened; he covered the entire length of the house in seconds. We've clocked the sucker at 30 mph and he wasn't even hauling ass yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*sigh*...

Hey, that's my stapler.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]
A pinch collar, leash and alot of walking will cure you of his attitude.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*sigh*...

Hey, that's my stapler.

My baton has measurements in inches and centimeters down its length. As for the stapler... My handguns ARE staplers; you shoot a bad guy, he stays on the floor. Sounds like a stapler to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top