Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:02:35 PM EDT
I have been watching all the episoides starting from the beginning on on demand warming up for the new season.

I just watched the "Pinebarrens" episode.  The one where Christopher and Paulie take the Russian into the woods to get rid of him and he escapes.

My question is:  What ever happened to him?  Did he ever come back to haunt them?

I know Paulie's car was gone, and I assume he took it,  but I don't ever remember him coming back in future episodes.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I've read/heard rumors that he'll return in this next, last season to settle up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've read/heard rumors that he'll return in this next, last season to settle up.

I have always figured that the end of the Soprano crew is tied to this Russian.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing to date has come of it, just a couple of references.  I would be shocked if we never hear from him again.  

After watching a lot of the episodes a second time (have Seasons 1-4 on DVD thanks to Santa) I was amazed how much foreshadowing I missed.  I guess that's what I get for just getting on the bandwagon last fall.  

ETA:  IIRC, Pine Barrens was toward the end of season three, correct?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I read an interview (about two years ago?) with the director where he stated that it was just going to be something we were going to have to wonder about. It will probably be left as a mystery.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont have any support for this, but that dude has got to come back.  It's the only major loose end in the series and every fan knows it.

Besides, how cool would a war with the russians be!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, this certainly was a 'puzzler'.  I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come back to bite them on the ass, they would have to devote an episode or so to build this back up because if they just trotted him out busting a cap in someone's ass no one would even remember who the fuck he is, at least I wouldn't......
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just wish the new season would start already.

March. Way to long between seasons
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#10]
"The man's Czechoslovakian. They said he was an interior decorator!"
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"The man's Czechoslovakian. They said he was an interior decorator!"

'His apartment looked like shit"
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I never watched this show until this Christmas. I got season 1-4 from the library and local vid store. The wife and I watch three episodes a night. It's a soap opera...I wondered too about the guy in the woods…I wait a few more years and get the DVD for the remaining seasons.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#13]
"Pinebarrens" is one of my favorite episodes.

I would love to see the Russian come back to haunt them
(with a bottle of Vodka in one hand, and a Krinkov in the other).

I will be very disappointed if they don't tie up this loose end
in the saga.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I really liked that episode too.  I believe the "Pinebarrens" episode was directed by Michael Imperioli (Christopher).

Did you guys realize during the series the bakery scene where Christopher shot that guy in the foot was homage to the Goodfellas scene between Spider (Imperioli) and Tommy (Pesci)?  Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#15]
He's gotta come back, it would make for a good "turf war" between The Soprano crew & The russian mob.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#16]
How much for the 1-4 season DVD? Has it been on 4 or 5 seasons?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Love that one, esp. when they're tryiong to survive off of condiment packages.

"Place universal remote into docking station"

"It's OK, he's an interior decorator from Czechoslovakia"

I hope he comes back.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#18]
WHEN ARE THEY AIRING THE NEW SEASON????????????

Yeah it is toooooo much of an open hole there. IIRC didnt they even look to each other (Paulie and Chris) and say something to the effect of "We better tell tony that everything went fine"?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#19]
"Fuckin' Bruno Maglio 'ere"

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Best night on TV was Sunday night on HBO.

Sopranos and Deadwood.

When's the new Deadwood season start?

HS1
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

March, my good man. Now calm down, and go look at your spider collection
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

March, my good man. Now calm down, and go look at your spider collection

Sounds good... I'll go pet my spiders and you keeep spankin your monkey....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
It is supposed to be like real life. In real life, not all the plots resolve themselves. He may have gone off and died of frostbite or something.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I`ll shoot you and leave you here you one shoe C(*&^%$$.... I laughed so hard at those two morons in that episode i was in tears! Man y`all are making me wish i hadn`t gotten rid of HBO. I know i have missed a bunch already. Sopranos, Taxi cab confessions, G string Divas, and Boxing after dark. If they would have just played those and left out the crappy movies, and the trillion advertisments i would have kept it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Favorite episode by far.  The comedy of it was great.

Unfortunately the show really fell off it's wagon after that.  Last season sucked SO bad!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Unfortunately the show really fell off it's wagon after that.  Last season sucked SO bad!

yes it did only reason I care about this coming season is well might as well see how it ends.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes it did only reason I care about this coming season is well might as well see how it ends.

Yeah, that's about it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#28]
My personal feeling is that Season 5 started off slow, but the second half made up for it.  

The only episode I can remember that I didn't like was in Season 5, where Tony meets his father's old girlfriend.  I can't remember the title though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#29]
after the 2nd season it pretty much sucked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top