Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 9:45:43 PM EDT
How the hell does the US Postal Service ... run out of  2 cent stamps???

So I go down to the post office to get some .02 stamps due to their latest rate hike, and was told: " Sorry , we're all out and we don't know when we'll be getting any in, not any time soon."
"Ok, just give me some one cent stamps......Sorry, I can only give you a small quantity of those, we're almost out of those too."

" ...So, how come you guys don't have any 2 cent stamps?"    " They're supplying the big cities with them first, we just have to wait till we get some more in...."

Now, come'on people....this rate hike didn't just pop up overnight. USPS has had this in the works for some time now. Hell, I even heard blips on the news 6months ago that stamp prices were going up due to higher gas prices.

Just how f*ckin' busy is this PostMaster General that he don't even have the time to call his secretary and say " Call printing...we'll need more 2 cent stamps"
Or send an e-mail > " Print .02 stamps now.....signed PMG"
Did he wake up one morning and think , " Oh crap, I forgot to order the stamps"

Maybe he mailed the order to the printing office with a 37 cent stamp ...and it got returned for insufficient postage.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Monumental Incompetence or Govt As Usual ??  

Aren't you being redundant?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Monumental Incompetence or Govt As Usual ??  

-K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top