Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:30:34 PM EDT
Anyone own one? How are they?
I'd like an original Colt of course but damn they're expensive! I'm going to have around an extra 400 dollars around tax time soon and was thinking I might get one of these to fit a hole in my collection for now.
Would you?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They are nice. Get one. You will not be sorry.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn that was quick, thanks!
Any pics? What caliber?
I'm thinking it would be wrong to get it in anything but .45 long colt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Well built and a good copy of the SA Colt. I would go with .45 Colt if I were you. Get one you will like it.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone own one? How are they?
I'd like an original Colt of course but damn they're expensive! I'm going to have around an extra 400 dollars around tax time soon and was thinking I might get one of these to fit a hole in my collection for now.
Would you?

American Western Arms seem to be MUCH smoother. VERY much smoother
There was some discussion on a SASS board that the Uberti needs an action job right out of the box or it tears it self up from rough parts.

I have both the AWA and the Uberti. I would buy the AWA if I need another. <----- Strike that.
Dont know what I was thinking. I have plans to buy two Ruger Vaqueros.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a conversion.

www.ubertireplicas.com/
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Naw, if I get one of those I'll just get an original and use blackpowder. They can be had for around 1400. I already have a Colt Sherrif's model in .36 cap and ball made by Pietta. When I get an 1860 Army I want an original Civil War gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Naw, if I get one of those I'll just get an original and use blackpowder. They can be had for around 1400. I already have a Colt Sherrif's model in .36 cap and ball made by Pietta. When I get an 1860 Army I want an original Civil War gun.

But with the conversion you can sit in front of the TV and help out Clint Eastwood.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Uberti Cattleman.  I got it from a shop in Jacksonville, FL for $275 at a gunshow.  I love it.  The shop has a gunsmith on sight who goes over every Uberti pistol before it leaves the store.  My action is uber smooth.  The gun is a pleasure to shoot.  .45 Long Colt is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
44-40 is cooler than 45 Colt, but a lot more money per round.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't help, I've got a Colt.  Sorry.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#11]
hey, i've heard the uberti's are very nice but are a little delicate. might be something to look into if you're gonna do some heavy shooting.

i have a ruger vaquero. i'm pretty sure i can shoot all day for the rest of my life and not damage that tank...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top