Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Historically speaking, the biggest single cause of drug epidemics is anti-drug campaigns. The noisy, self-serving publicity campaigns against drugs actually provide the dealers with free advertising. The warning against drugs functions as a lure for a lot of people. After all, if the drug is as dangerous as the campaign tells you, then why do people take it? Obviously -- because it must really feel great. (Or so their reasoning goes)

The major rise in the use of the drugs invariably follows the noisy campaign against the drug, rather than preceding it. This happened before in the 1960s.

I wish to strongly disagree with the above assertion.

I believe Anti-Drug Campaigns have a strong positive benefit.

Publicity goes up, parents get concerned, parents start to talk to their kids, lives are saved in the process.

Case in point - 1980's - Reagan "Just Say No" Campaign

"Just Say No" worked fine for myself and friends, etc.

Peer Pressure was defused because it was OK to say NO.

I would like to see a strong increase in Anti-Drug Campaigns.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lots of rural areas for labs, plus they steal anhydrous ammonia from the farmers for production.

ding, ding, ding we have the answer

We had one in town a year or two back where the cookers got the brilliant idea to steal a semi truck of anhydrous instead of dealing in smaller quantities.

They would have gotten away with it if their neighbors (they were in town) hadn't dropped a dime to the 5-0 about a semi trailer with a hose leading into the house next door.

They caught a guy in our area trying to drill through an anhydrous tank, not real smart.

Goose
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard of cases where tweekers will drill into the large tanks with a battery drill and fill buckets with the anhydrous.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Ohio has very lax Sudafed laws.

The big thing here is mobile meth labs in vans.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not to mention this.......METH MOUTH, so attractive......

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/gcpd19/methmouth200.jpg

That chick sure has one ugly kisser
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Meth has a strong odor when it is being made.  That is why it is more popular in the sticks because no one is around to smell you making it.  OK has clamped down on Ephedrine sales as well.  You can only buy them at the pharmacy counter now.  sucked on Xmas day when my mom had a cold and needed some decongestent and the Pharm counter was closed :/
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
<Post removed.  Come on, Matt.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Meth has a strong odor when it is being made.  That is why it is more popular in the sticks because no one is around to smell you making it.  OK has clamped down on Ephedrine sales as well.  You can only buy them at the pharmacy counter now.  sucked on Xmas day when my mom had a cold and needed some decongestent and the Pharm counter was closed :/

I had that problem over the weekend, sick as hell and no place to buy cold medicine LOL, Illinois is cracking down too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top