Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 7:24:58 AM EDT
Many thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw it recently on Google Video Search.

BTW I showed it to my dad... he was crying he was laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's all remember the real criminal, however. According to the DEA, whoever videoed the agent firing a pistol in a classroom full of children is an enemy of the state.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
VIDEO LINK
DEA in School with kids  

Newsbrief: DEA Agent Demonstrates Gun Safety to School Kids -- By Shooting Himself 5/7/04

Now, here's a lesson on gun safety that will not quickly be forgotten. According to Orlando, Florida, television station WKMG, an Orlando-based DEA agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to local kids.

The agent, whom superiors mercifully refused to name, was treated at the Orlando Hospital Center after the April 9 incident and is now back on the job. According to police reports, the agent drew his .40-caliber pistol and removed the magazine, then pulled back the slide and asked someone from the audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded. The pistol was pointed at the floor, and when he released the slide, one bullet fired into the top of his left thigh.

The DEA agent's presentation was at an event sponsored by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association (http://www.omyga.org).

There was no explanation as to the link between teen golf and gun safety.

But the agent's presentation had an impact, according to witnesses. "The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew. "Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer told WKMG.

"But the point of gun safety hit home, alright, that DEA needs to go back to school and gun safety.

The DEA agent's presentation had an impact allright, according to witnesses. "The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew. "Everyone was pretty shaken up,"

WATCH THE FULL VIDEO and ask yourself what the hell is a DEA agent bringing a loaded gun or guns in a fourth grade class and school where children are and then shoots himself with stupidity. There is no excuse, any of these law enforcement people could give and as a parent, I personally would be really pissed off if my child was in that class, and I would have made sure he was no longer working as a DEA agent.

One of those children could have been killed because of careless stupidity on this DEA's part.

An undercover DEA Agent has now suspended for a week without pay, after video surfaced on the internet showing him shoot himself in the foot while giving a gun safety lecture to a group of Orlando fourth graders.  During the lesson, the agent goes through a safety routine and even asks another agent to verify that the gun is not loaded. The agent, holding a Glock 40 handgun, referred to how rappers who tend to boast about this type of gun, and even hold it incorrectly. With the gun pointed downward, the firearm misfired and the agent shot himself in the right foot. Despite the shock and injury, the agent continued his lesson warning kids about the danger of accidental shootings, like the one they had just witnessed.

Sources close to the investigation suspect the video was leaked from someone inside the DEA.

Investigation Launched Into Who Leaked Internet Video
POSTED: 6:00 pm EST March 18, 2005
UPDATED: 6:25 pm EST March 18, 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An agent with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency was been suspended after video surfaced showing the man shooting himself during a gun safety class in front of a group of Orlando fourth-graders, according to Local 6 News.

An investigation has been launched to determine who leaked the home video of the undercover DEA agent shooting himself at an event sponsored by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association. Before the shooting, the agent was videotaped talking about how certain weapons are popular with rap artists. "This is a Glock 40," the agent said on the tape. "Fifty Cent, Too Short, all of them talk about a Glock 40, OK?," he said. "I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40."
Video

Video Of DEA Agent Shooting Self During Safety Class For Kids On Internet

Seconds later, the agent shot himself in the foot. "See how that accident happened, that could happen to you and you could be blown away," the agent said after the shooting. Experts in the field said that the undercover agent should never have been videotaped because it could put the agent's life at risk, Local 6 News reported. "It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," the masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."

The video of the shooting is posted on several Web sites on the Internet. The video shows the shooting and the agent's face. Local 6 News did not show the entire video of the shooting because the undercover officer could be identified in some of the shots.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

DEA Agent Suspended After Shooting Self In Foot

POSTED: 11:52 am EST March 18, 2005
ORLANDO, Fla. -- An undercover D-E-A Agent has been suspended for a week without pay after video surfaced on the internet showing him shoot himself in the foot while giving a gun safety lecture to a group of Orlando fourth graders.

During the lesson, the agent goes through a safety routine and even asks another agent to verify that the gun is not loaded. The agent, holding a Glock 40 handgun, referred to how rappers who tend to boast about this type of gun, and even hold it incorrectly. With the gun pointed downward, the firearm misfired and the agent shot himself in the right foot. Despite the shock and injury, the agent continued his lesson warning kids about the danger of accidental shootings, like the one they had just witnessed.

Sources close to the investigation suspect the video was leaked from someone inside the D-E-A.

Copyright 2005 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember folks, he is a Federal Employee. He has a job for life
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Remember folks, he is a Federal Employee. He has a job for life

Which wont be a long life if he keeps handling his FORTAY.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
That gets funnier every time I see it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]

DEA Agent Suspended without pay for one week for good service for shooting himself in a grade four class.

I wonder what you or I would get...............
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#9]
He is no longer with the DEA
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They fired him or what?

Max
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Glock should come out with a model "Fotey" to commemorate him. Maybe engrave the guys head into the side and have it say "For Profeshnul Use Only".
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Glock should come out with a model "Fotey" to commemorate him. Maybe engrave the guys head into the side and have it say "For Profeshnul Use Only".

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
VIDEO LINK
DEA in School with kids  

Newsbrief: DEA Agent Demonstrates Gun Safety to School Kids -- By Shooting Himself 5/7/04

Now, here's a lesson on gun safety that will not quickly be forgotten. According to Orlando, Florida, television station WKMG, an Orlando-based DEA agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to local kids.

The agent, whom superiors mercifully refused to name, was treated at the Orlando Hospital Center after the April 9 incident and is now back on the job. According to police reports, the agent drew his .40-caliber pistol and removed the magazine, then pulled back the slide and asked someone from the audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded. The pistol was pointed at the floor, and when he released the slide, one bullet fired into the top of his left thigh.

The DEA agent's presentation was at an event sponsored by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association (http://www.omyga.org).

There was no explanation as to the link between teen golf and gun safety.

But the agent's presentation had an impact, according to witnesses. "The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew. "Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer told WKMG.

"But the point of gun safety hit home, alright, that DEA needs to go back to school and gun safety.

The DEA agent's presentation had an impact allright, according to witnesses. "The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew. "Everyone was pretty shaken up,"

WATCH THE FULL VIDEO and ask yourself what the hell is a DEA agent bringing a loaded gun or guns in a fourth grade class and school where children are and then shoots himself with stupidity. There is no excuse, any of these law enforcement people could give and as a parent, I personally would be really pissed off if my child was in that class, and I would have made sure he was no longer working as a DEA agent.

One of those children could have been killed because of careless stupidity on this DEA's part.

An undercover DEA Agent has now suspended for a week without pay, after video surfaced on the internet showing him shoot himself in the foot while giving a gun safety lecture to a group of Orlando fourth graders.  During the lesson, the agent goes through a safety routine and even asks another agent to verify that the gun is not loaded. The agent, holding a Glock 40 handgun, referred to how rappers who tend to boast about this type of gun, and even hold it incorrectly. With the gun pointed downward, the firearm misfired and the agent shot himself in the right foot. Despite the shock and injury, the agent continued his lesson warning kids about the danger of accidental shootings, like the one they had just witnessed.

Sources close to the investigation suspect the video was leaked from someone inside the DEA.

Investigation Launched Into Who Leaked Internet Video
POSTED: 6:00 pm EST March 18, 2005
UPDATED: 6:25 pm EST March 18, 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An agent with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency was been suspended after video surfaced showing the man shooting himself during a gun safety class in front of a group of Orlando fourth-graders, according to Local 6 News.

An investigation has been launched to determine who leaked the home video of the undercover DEA agent shooting himself at an event sponsored by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association. Before the shooting, the agent was videotaped talking about how certain weapons are popular with rap artists. "This is a Glock 40," the agent said on the tape. "Fifty Cent, Too Short, all of them talk about a Glock 40, OK?," he said. "I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40."
Video

Video Of DEA Agent Shooting Self During Safety Class For Kids On Internet

Seconds later, the agent shot himself in the foot. "See how that accident happened, that could happen to you and you could be blown away," the agent said after the shooting. Experts in the field said that the undercover agent should never have been videotaped because it could put the agent's life at risk, Local 6 News reported. "It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," the masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."

The video of the shooting is posted on several Web sites on the Internet. The video shows the shooting and the agent's face. Local 6 News did not show the entire video of the shooting because the undercover officer could be identified in some of the shots.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

DEA Agent Suspended After Shooting Self In Foot

POSTED: 11:52 am EST March 18, 2005
ORLANDO, Fla. -- An undercover D-E-A Agent has been suspended for a week without pay after video surfaced on the internet showing him shoot himself in the foot while giving a gun safety lecture to a group of Orlando fourth graders.

During the lesson, the agent goes through a safety routine and even asks another agent to verify that the gun is not loaded. The agent, holding a Glock 40 handgun, referred to how rappers who tend to boast about this type of gun, and even hold it incorrectly. With the gun pointed downward, the firearm misfired and the agent shot himself in the right foot. Despite the shock and injury, the agent continued his lesson warning kids about the danger of accidental shootings, like the one they had just witnessed.

Sources close to the investigation suspect the video was leaked from someone inside the D-E-A.

Copyright 2005 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Did the gun "misfire" or did it fire normally after the idiot stroked the trigger?

Suuuuuuurrreee.....

Sure seems like a lot of LEO's have defective firearms.

Just like a lot of guys who reload have very weak, defective fireams.

Strange coincidence.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They fired him or what?

Max

Works for the TSA now.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They fired him or what?

Max

Works for the TSA now.

Hes probably an airmarshall.. hes going to shoot down a plane
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, that was the first time I've seen that.  Friggen hilarious.  I also think it's kind of funny that some in the audience were telling him to put down the rifle, he tries to reassure them it's unloaded, and then they even more impassiontely tell him to put it down. Haha.

I do however, give him credit for continuing the demonstration.  If I was him I'd get the hell out of there for embarassment reasons alone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Funnier every time I see it.

It looks like when he holds the gun up that the slide is locked back.  Anybody know if it still had a mag in it or if the chambered round didn't get pulled out by the extractor?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#18]
What an idiot
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#20]
ND, not AD.

TC
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
DEA in School with kids  

SNIP

SNIP

I've never understood how this happened.  We don't get to see him "clearing" his weapon, but it looks like the slide is locked back when he holds it up inthe air and talks about being professional enough.  If he did talk out the mag, then its kind of a qeird screwup.

I guess its possible that the extractor didn't extract, but one would think that he would have noticed that the cartridge wasn't ejected.  

Maybe he put the magazine back in. The video is grainy but when i stopped it at the 26 second it sort of looks like the mag is back in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#22]

I guess its possible that the extractor didn't extract, but one would think that he would have noticed that the cartridge wasn't ejected.

I wouldn't assume this guy is smart enough to notice a round stuck in the chamber, or realize that a round did not eject when he pulled the slide back.  Just that rounds not getting ejected aren't that common.  Most ADs though result from compounding problems, so perhaps his stupidity of pulling the trigger while the gun was pointed at his leg was compounded by the gun failing to eject the chambered round.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Is this guy available for birthday parties?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I do however, give him credit for continuing the demonstration.  If I was him I'd get the hell out of there for embarassment reasons alone.

Uh, the DUMBASS needed to seek medical attention......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Funnier every time I see it.

It looks like when he holds the gun up that the slide is locked back.  Anybody know if it still had a mag in it or if the chambered round didn't get pulled out by the extractor?

+1 And the idiot continued to dig his own hole.

Either a round didn't extract (which means both people failed to properly inspect the weapon) or he put the magazine back in (which means he is possibly the dumbest person on the planet).

I think I'd rather be around Too $hort when he is playing with his Glock. Amazing how these fucking retards get Federal jobs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Probably put the mag back in, so when he dropped the slide he loaded a round
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just make sure Glock puts the sights on the side of the slide
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I would like to get T-shirts made of this guy and "Lootie" from NOLA
with a cameo mug of Buckwheat in between the these two.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Link wont open..  say I dont have permission to open it..  :(
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#30]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top