Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:02:32 AM EDT

I'm trying to mount a GG&G single point sling attachment, and I can't figure out how to get the buttstock off.  I also cannot find my Benelli manual, although I had one for the weapon when I bought it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Two screws in the rubber buttplate. Then a 1/2"(?) nut is the stock. That is all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope you have better luck with this project than I did.  After I mounted my GG&G single point I hated the gap the developed between the pistol grip and the trigger guard and removed it within five minutes.  

Totalabuse is 100% correct on the procedure, but you need a phillips screwdriver for the buttplate screws.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]

I've got a rubber recoil pad on the end of my buttstock, presumably covering up the screws.  Can I pry this off somehow without damaging it?  I've never taken one off before.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
DON'T PRY ON THE PAD!!! Look carefully at the end or the buttpad. You will see two tiny holes, on top and other bottom, where the screws were installed. I believe mine were phillips head screws. I lubed the screwdriver tip with oil to keep from buggering up the rubber on the pad while turning the screwdriver.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
You'll need a 10mm? maybe a 12mm, been a while, socket on a 1/4" drive with a long extension. Lube the phillips screw driver per previous post but use soap not oil.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm trying to mount a GG&G single point sling attachment, and I can't figure out how to get the buttstock off.  I also cannot find my Benelli manual, although I had one for the weapon when I bought it.  Any help would be appreciated.

So you got one of those "safe" places to put things so you can find it when you need it too?  I think that's where your washing machine stashes socks too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top