Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:02:32 AM EDT

I'm trying to mount a GG&G single point sling attachment, and I can't figure out how to get the buttstock off. I also cannot find my Benelli manual, although I had one for the weapon when I bought it. Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:09:30 AM EDT
Two screws in the rubber buttplate. Then a 1/2"(?) nut is the stock. That is all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:17:26 AM EDT
I hope you have better luck with this project than I did. After I mounted my GG&G single point I hated the gap the developed between the pistol grip and the trigger guard and removed it within five minutes.

Totalabuse is 100% correct on the procedure, but you need a phillips screwdriver for the buttplate screws.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:19:53 AM EDT

I've got a rubber recoil pad on the end of my buttstock, presumably covering up the screws. Can I pry this off somehow without damaging it? I've never taken one off before. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:23:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:24:18 AM EDT
DON'T PRY ON THE PAD!!! Look carefully at the end or the buttpad. You will see two tiny holes, on top and other bottom, where the screws were installed. I believe mine were phillips head screws. I lubed the screwdriver tip with oil to keep from buggering up the rubber on the pad while turning the screwdriver.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:12:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 8:14:00 AM EDT by CS223]
You'll need a 10mm? maybe a 12mm, been a while, socket on a 1/4" drive with a long extension. Lube the phillips screw driver per previous post but use soap not oil.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:26:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:
I'm trying to mount a GG&G single point sling attachment, and I can't figure out how to get the buttstock off. I also cannot find my Benelli manual, although I had one for the weapon when I bought it. Any help would be appreciated.

So you got one of those "safe" places to put things so you can find it when you need it too? I think that's where your washing machine stashes socks too.
Top Top