Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No different from Toyota, Honda or BMW.

Hating anything American and sending American dollars abroad is the trend.

Exactly, I wont buy Japanese or Chinese..... hell german either.    More US dollars gone from the country never to return.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No thanks. I would ride a horse before I bought a damned chinese car.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My prediction:

They'll sell like hotcakes.

Americans like anything cheap.

yep damn i am seriously gonna look into a dealership for those turds
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, I wont buy Japanese or Chinese..... hell german either.    More US dollars gone from the country never to return.  

Quoted:

Man am I glad you guys showed up.

The liberal kommie pinko America haters had me surrounded, I thought I was the last American left!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Not by a long shot
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The liberal kommie pinko America haters had me surrounded, I thought I was the last American left!

Wow, you're a real patriot.  Toyota just sunk $3B into the Texas economy by opening up a plant here in SA, while GM is going overseas.  Keep the blinders on, you're doing great.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wont buy Japanese or Chinese..... hell german either.    More US dollars gone from the country never to return.  

Like those U.S. dollars to go to build Chevy Suburban SUVs in Silao, Guanajuato Mexico?

Or those U.S. dollars that go to build Dodge Sprinter vans in Ludwigsfelde, Germany?

Or those U.S. dollars that go to build Ford Crown Victoria sedans in St. Thomas, Ontario Canada?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wont buy Japanese or Chinese..... hell german either.    More US dollars gone from the country never to return.  

Like those U.S. dollars to go to build Chevy Suburban SUVs in Silao, Guanajuato Mexico?

Or those U.S. dollars that go to build Dodge Sprinter vans in Ludwigsfelde, Germany?

Or those U.S. dollars that go to build Ford Crown Victoria sedans in St. Thomas, Ontario Canada?

I wanted an American truck so I bought a Toyota
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone that has one complains about it, they will come in the middle of the night and take you and your family to China to build them...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And so the death of America begins

^
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#12]
"Chery Automobile Co."

Chevy ... Chery ... ha soo.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, you're a real patriot.  Toyota just sunk $3B into the Texas economy by opening up a plant here in SA, while GM is going overseas.  Keep the blinders on, you're doing great.

Hey, but the profits go to japanese fatcats instead of american fatcats. Who cares if those japanese fatcats reinvest those profits in the USA to the benefit of americans, that doesn't matter. Support your american auto company CEO. Boycott american made cars because the company is owned be dernd feringers.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200509/damien249_1127408569_tedebi_1126684106_jiangling_landwind_xxl_tcm8_126403.jpg

www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200509/damien249_1127408595_landwind_crash.jpg

Thats an Isuzu Trooper....

You'd be surprised at the number of Asian automakers that copy Japanese designs.
In Korea, Kia, Hyundain and other manufacturers do a serious job of copying Toyotas, Hondas and even some Mercedes and BMW designs (overall form, not detail).

I wouldn't be surprised to find that's China's copy of the Isuzu.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard the guy who headed this whole thing up on the radio a few weeks back. He said he has investors from all over the world and those investors own dealerships and are going to own a region of dealerships for this line of car. He also said the dealers made this car, their idea's and their input is the end result.

Whatever, American cars are all garbage enough, I can not imagine those same people who offer feedback to US manufacturers making a good product overseas for cheap--being any better or worse than what is being made now here on our shores.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
this is gonna be the end of america.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Interestingly, GM is the #1 selling brand in China now, beating out VW.  They are staus cars there and sell for sticker. They all sell under the Buick brand for some reason, but Cadillac is supposed to be made and selling there in a couple of years.

Anything made by Jeep sells for alot. There are very few sold there, but they are a prestige vehicle as well.

I rode in a Jianling (sp?) van when I was in China a few months ago. Seemed like a copy of a Honda or Toyota van. Nice design, very shitty quality. Things falling off everywhere. And I think it was a 2005 model. But I bet they will improve fast. And yes, people here will buy them in droves.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Anything made by Jeep sells for alot. There are very few sold there, but they are a prestige vehicle as well.

For sale: Cusomized 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon edition. $100,000 USD plus shipping.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#20]
The US consumer is the one who demands low price products, and they are voting with their wallets.  Once China gets the quality and the good price, the US automakers will be finished (as is every thing else manufactured here).  There is no way that some union guy in Detroit who is paid 25 $ an hour to screw in a screw can compete with a Chinese guy who will take a quarter of that and do the job well.

If you need to blame somebody, blame the US consumer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The chicoms just steal others designs and ideas then make shitty copies.
Keep right on buying all that chinese shit, our dollars are building their empire.

So does that make this an 'airsoft' car??
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hating anything American shoddy, unreliable products built by overpaid, unproductive labor and sending American dollars abroad rewarding quality - regardless of whether it's foreign or domestic - is the trend.

There - Fixed!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
my.core.com/~dleahy/.photos/JeepPics/Bumperlit.jpg

For sale: Cusomized 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon edition. $100,000 USD plus shipping.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Hey, but the profits go to japanese fatcats instead of american fatcats. Who cares if those japanese fatcats reinvest those profits in the USA to the benefit of americans, that doesn't matter. Support your american auto company CEO. Boycott american made cars because the company is owned be dernd feringers.

"Fatcats"?  This isn't the 1920s, you know.  These are stock ownership corporations.  

The profits go to whomever owns the stock.  You can buy stock in Toyota, just as easily as you can buy stock in GM.  Japanese people can own stock in GM (although, why anyone would want to, I don't know).

Plus, a HUGE protion of the revenues (not just profits) stay in the U.S, because of american labor, parts, etc.  If you look at what you pay for a Toyota, a huge portion of that stays in the U.S., regardless of where the stockholder lives.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please show me where I can buy this "all American made" vehicle.
And it's not America hating, not by a long shot.  It's that consumers now refuse to spend their hard earned money on a POS vehicle just because it's "American made".
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I see this as a VERY good thing...maybe it will kick the American auto makers into producing a quality low pricepoint car. China could act as the same catalyst as the Japanese did in the late 70s.

Adapt or die.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
if anyone here buys a Geely and admits to it, you should be banned from AR15.com!!!

I have never understood why "China" is so bad, yet German, Russian, etc etc is somehow "okay", and not vilified.

Either it is made in the US or it is not.  

I don't think the recently unemployed US factory worker really cares if his job went to China, Korea or Vietnam.  

He is broke either way.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#28]

The company pays workers $3.50 an hour for wages and benefits, Geely's Harmer said. By contrast, members of the United Auto Workers union at General Motors Corp. earn $64 an hour.

$64 an hour to work on an assembly line?!  No wonder they're going under.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Sadly, it wouldn't take much to rival or beat GM and Ford's quality these days.

"American" cars - Hecho en Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The company pays workers $3.50 an hour for wages and benefits, Geely's Harmer said. By contrast, members of the United Auto Workers union at General Motors Corp. earn $64 an hour.

$64 an hour to work on an assembly line?!  No wonder they're going under.

What are you? So goddamned commie? Don't you know that our hole drillers and rivet punchers are better than some damned chinaman? Our citizens should be given a living wage for such fine work, I say $100/hour. Hell, let's make it $200/hour. No fucking way some chinaman can spot weld part #34ZW2X43-4 to part #34ZW2X42-2 better than a red-blodded American.

Go back to DU.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't have a problem owning one except looks like they dont make pickups yet.   As for American brand cars, haven't bought one ever, on my 4th Toyota, before that I owned a VW.  Still own my second Toyota.   Note my tacoma is made in the USA however and Toyotas employs over 200,000 in the US while detroit keeps laying people off.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please show me where I can buy this "all American made" vehicle.
And it's not America hating, not by a long shot.  It's that consumers now refuse to spend their hard earned money on a POS vehicle just because it's "American made".

So true...when it was time to get a new vehicle, we looked and looked and looked..I'm a Chevy guy, but quite frankly, the GM line sucks balls.

Ford, Dodge and all of the U.S. brands did not impress me at all....

So..I looked at the KIA Sorento...yea it looks like the Lexsus and it's made in Korea..and it is a damn fine SUV.  Truck frame, rugged and handled our only snow this year like a champ.

Roomy, quiet, dependable as any U.S. car/truck and well made. It does all I ask of it and did not cost us a fortune.

I cannot, anymore, support the U.S. auto market. Not until they stop bowing to the UAW...I will not support the Legalized Exortion that the corrupt, crime ridden, labor unions practice.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I will gladly give my $$ to Japan for a vehicle. Not the Chikoms.
Toyota/ Honda owner here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200509/damien249_1127408569_tedebi_1126684106_jiangling_landwind_xxl_tcm8_126403.jpg

www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200509/damien249_1127408595_landwind_crash.jpg

Thats an Isuzu Trooper....

Read the photo caption.  That's a Chinese Jiangling Landwind.

ETA:  Out-a-ammo beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Fatcats"?  This isn't the 1920s, you know.  These are stock ownership corporations.  

The profits go to whomever owns the stock.  You can buy stock in Toyota, just as easily as you can buy stock in GM.  Japanese people can own stock in GM (although, why anyone would want to, I don't know).

Plus, a HUGE protion of the revenues (not just profits) stay in the U.S, because of american labor, parts, etc.  If you look at what you pay for a Toyota, a huge portion of that stays in the U.S., regardless of where the stockholder lives.

beat me to it, life is a little more complex than black and white! Now what was my brokers number, I would like a cut of the profits this company is sure to make. (buy early, buy often)

I suppose since the profits from these vehicles are going directly to China, I will be exempt from U.S. capital gains taxes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This one is kinda cool looking
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Geely_Beauty_Leopard_at_IAA_2005.jpg

Kinda cool looking? The car has fuckin' nostrils.

Might look kinda cool after I ran it over with the Jeep or gave it a tannerite test
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#37]
www.edwardburtynsky.com

Some look at this and think it’s beautiful – I know my manger does, he’s over there right now trying to tap into “the Asian market” (also, where he is, prostitution is legal).

Adapt or die?  Would you call this living?  

I'd appreciate an answer if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Here you can get a real sense of just how richly steeped their tradition of driving is in this picture.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I get this strange feeling that there are those who are convinced this is a better car, simply because it's not an American car. Anymore, proof of such an assertion is no longer required. Wierd.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I get this strange feeling that there are those who are convinced this is a better car, simply because it's not an American car. Anymore, proof of such an assertion is no longer required. Wierd.

I don't for a minute think that this car, the China one, is a better car...I do however, know that there are better cars than U.S. built out there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#40]
As far as I'm concerned, it's another Hyoondie POS and I'll never own on. I'd buy a used Pontiac before I ever sat my ass in one of those.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I think the UAW thugs members will just take out advertsing campains against Americans who want to buy this car. I think the UAW mobsters members will advertise to buy American with the red white and blue behind them. I think the UAW gangsta's members will somehow forget to remind us that because of them we overpay for cars and this car from China is proof of that.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Most of the people here sound like a frikkin frenchman. Lets shit on anything made in the US. So, move to China, make your pittance and shut the hell up before you disappear in the night.
Damn, this USA hating crap is EVERYWHERE, even here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Most of the people here sound like a frikkin frenchman. Lets shit on anything made in the US. So, move to China, make your pittance and shut the hell up before you disappear in the night.

I have a safe full of stuff made in the U.S.

Somebaby needs a nap...and it ain't me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way. They're evil feringer fatcat robber barons hell bent on oppressing the American working man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#45]
If I bought cars, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Chinese one just like I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Korean or a Jap car.  My goal is affordable transportation, not making sure Ford makes its bottom line.

I, however, like fullsize trucks and so far, the foreign stuff just doesn't compare to my idea of a truck.  When China makes an affordable fullsize truck with solid axles, manual tranny, floor shift 4wd, and a v8 call me.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I just like pooping on crappy things made in the USA, when the US Autoworker is able to put out a decent car, then maybe it will stop.

I took note that you took to heart that we hate everything in the USA...I guess the only thing, to you, this country has is cars
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You'd be surprised at the number of Asian automakers that copy Japanese designs.
In Korea, Kia, Hyundain and other manufacturers do a serious job of copying Toyotas, Hondas and even some Mercedes and BMW designs (overall form, not detail).

I wouldn't be surprised to find that's China's copy of the Isuzu.

Ya.

Several Asian nations don't give a darn about intellectual property and consider stealing designs from other people to be perfeclty acceptable practice.

You can sell cars really cheap when you don't have to do any R&D....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way. They're evil feringer fatcat robber barons hell bent on oppressing the American working man.

And they want to steal your women!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Folks, listen carefully:

GM doesn't make cars. They ASSEMBLE cars from parts made by numerous sub-contractors. These sub-contractors can be located anywhere from China to Canada and everywhere in between. Even at that, they assemble a significant number of their cars in Mexico and other places.

Calling GM an "american" car is a stretch. The company is a global giant that produces products for all sorts of markets and that uses parts from all over the world.

Simialrly, Toyota and Honda are assemblers who have assembly plants here in the United States. Odds are a currently produced Camry has as much if not MORE American labor in it than a GM car parked right beside it.

"Buy American" isn't that simple anymore.

Toyota, by the way, pays its factory workers almost the same pay and benefits as Detriot does. It is slightly lower, but the Toyota plants are located in places where the COL is a bit lower too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm unsuprised by some of the responses, some people here would give $$ straight to al quaida if they made cheap AKs
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top