Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 10:03:59 PM EDT
they are both the same price wise and same exact specs, the bushmaster is a gun put together not a factory rifle, it has a 16" barrel with no muzzle attachment

I know these are both good rifles but which should i choose.

i want reliablity and Accuracy for the most part.

what do you guys think?

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally would go with the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#2]
LEGP for all the reasons stated in the LEGP Forum.

In particular, the Hand built quality, that you will not get with the factory slapped together job.
You can also read a review on Cruffler's site.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
IMO, Bushmaster. LEGP sounds like a great rifle, and I don't doubt that it is. But LEGP=no chrome lined barrel. Just my .02
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I personally would go with the Bushmaster.
View Quote

Good sound advice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:57:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i want reliablity and [b][red]Accuracy[/red][/b] for the most part.

what do you guys think?

View Quote

Chrome = less accuracy

And Chuck's nonsense parts are well appreciated by the buyers and make the rifle more functional & a far better value.

Link Posted: 8/7/2001 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone has an opinion. How about one from people who know a good rifle when they see one?

[url]http://www.cruffler.com/review-August-01.html[/url]

My opinion is that the LEGP rifle is better than a BM as far as finish. I have more than one BM with which to compare it. It is also very accurate and reliable. If I needed another M4 type AR, I would buy another LEGP rifle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#8]
LEGP
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy the LEGP now why the sale is still running and then pick up a used BM upper on down the road.  If chrome lining becomes an issue then you push two pins and pop on another upper.  

Getting into AR's is addictive, years later you'll probably find yourself with 2-3 AR lowers and 4-5 uppers.  The LEGP gives you something different that most other folks won't have and you get to show off/advertise AR15.com.

[b]Just do it -[/b]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Kevin/DCP00653b.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the replys guys, im still decideing,

how accurate are you LEGP's

who has both the bushmaster and the LEGP, which do you guys prefer.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Newbie_guy

I'd be REALLY surprised if you were dissappoined with either.

Let me put in a plu for Rock River Arms(maker of the LEGP)

Everytime I have ordered from them, I received product withing a week.

Most recently, I order their DCM Match upper. Got my upper in THREE days. It was absolutely beautiful.

Bushy owners SWEAR by Bushmaster. But I can't see any real difference in RRA's quality.

Like I say, either way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Newbie_guy

I'd be REALLY surprised if you were dissappoined with either.

Let me put in a plu for Rock River Arms(maker of the LEGP)

Everytime I have ordered from them, I received product withing a week.

Most recently, I order their DCM Match upper. Got my upper in THREE days. It was absolutely beautiful.

Bushy owners SWEAR by Bushmaster. But I can't see any real difference in RRA's quality.

Like I say, either way.

Lemme add this - if price is at ALL an issue, then its clear - LEGP. Frankly, I don't know how they make ANY $$$ on them at that price. If I didn;'t already have a pre-ban M4gery, I'd be all over the LEGP.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#13]

BMs are good rifles. I like mine just fine. The LEGP is just the better deal if you want an M4 type right now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I have both and think both are excellent rifles. I would buy the LEGP because believe it is a better value. Where else could you het a semi-custom AR-15 for only $660? I agree with Oslow about the finish on these guns - better than my Bushmasters or Colts.

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#15]
i can get the bushmaster actually for $10 cheaper so price isnt an issue.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i can get the bushmaster actually for $10 cheaper so price isnt an issue.
View Quote

New for $650???? With the new model buttstock??
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#17]
it is a complete bushmaster upper and lower with a RRA buttstock.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
Quoted:

what do you guys think?

View Quote

Chrome = less accuracy

And Chuck's nonsense parts are well appreciated by the buyers and make the rifle more functional & a far better value.

View Quote

Exactly, and well said.

And yes you are correct Chuck, They Are all hand built [b]BUT[/b] IMHO the LEGP is hand built to a much higher degree of care in the process.
And chrome lining is not that big of a deal if the rifle is maintained (lubed)properly.

If you are not going to do that,
then get an AK.
You'll be better off.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
Quoted:

what do you guys think?

View Quote

Chrome = less accuracy

View Quote

Exactly, and well said.

And yes you are correct Chuck, They Are all hand built [b]BUT[/b] IMHO the LEGP is hand built to a much higher degree of care in the process.
And chrome lining is not that big of a deal if the rifle is maintained (lubed)properly.

If you are not going to do that,
then get an AK.
You'll be better off.
View Quote

WELL SHIT !!!!! Someone better let the Marines know that those chrome lined barrels and chambers are gonna keep them from hitting the enemy due to lost accuracy !!!!
[BD]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#20]
My first AR was a Colt.

My second a Bushmaster A3 Dissipator.

My third is the LEGP.

Bushmaster is a fine weapon that is very well made and very very reliable.  Closest to military you will lay hands on.  Mine will alwyas be mine!

But.........the LEGP is more finely crafted and more finely tuned/fit.

Accuracy on both my Dissipator and my LEGP are great.  Reliability on both has been 100%.

BM is topped with Reflex II and LEGP with Comp ML/2.  

People pit one against the other because they are the best available for most applications.

Personally, were I you, I would get the LEGP as you can always get a Bushmaster.  This particular LEGP M4 is a one time thing and worth it by far.

Suffice it to say that the only two ARs I will ever own are made by Bushmaster and Rock River Arms.

Ford/Chevy
.40/.45
Big Boobs/Little Boobs
Strawberry/Chocolate
Cheesecake/Choc. Creme Brule'
White chicks/Latinas
Honda/Yamaha
Glock/HK
Bushamster/Rock River Arms

All good!

Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#21]

WELL SHIT !!!!! Someone better let the Marines know that those chrome lined barrels and chambers are gonna keep them from hitting the enemy due to lost accuracy !!!!
View Quote

Combat Weapon

Sport utility rifle

Hmmm
Apples and Oranges???

I will agree that there are distinct advantages.
BUT
Absolutely Necesary???,

In the situation of sustained or intermittant full auto fire,
Yes. No question.

Shooting Coyotes around the farm, Busting Crows,
Pulverizing Prairy Dogs at 300 yards,
Punching Paper...,

Then [b]NO[/b] it is not critical.

As far as The Marine competition rifle,
Not only is it much more than any $600 gun will ever be but Don't they get their rifles built by RRA?

And don't the Better Barrels like Kriegers come NON-Lined,vs.?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Combat Weapon

Sport utility rifle

Hmmm
Apples and Oranges???

I will agree that there are distinct advantages.
BUT
Absolutely Necesary???,

In the situation of sustained or intermittant full auto fire,
Yes. No question.

Shooting Coyotes around the farm, Busting Crows,
Pulverizing Prairy Dogs at 300 yards,
Punching Paper...,

Then [b]NO[/b] it is not critical.

As far as The Marine competition rifle,
Not only is it much more than any $600 gun will ever be but Don't they get their rifles built by RRA?

And don't the Better Barrels like Kriegers come NON-Lined,vs.?
View Quote

Uhhh, well....From what newbie said originally,  he is interested in a carbine, not a DCM or space gun. So I dont think he planned on getting "competition" accuracy from it.
As for the Corp rifles, I was refering to the standard issue weapons, not the ones used by the rifle teams.(I think those are FN, ehh ??)
What I mean is.... a chrome lined bore and chamber should have no problem in the accuracy dept. vs a non chromed setup based on the type of rifle he is looking at.
I had a chance to shoot a LEGP at a recent shoot here in AZ and it is what folks have said.... A quality, well made rifle with great fit and finish. For the price, you cant beat it.
[):)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honda/Yamaha
View Quote

It's Kawasaki/Honda!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#24]
well it looks like im going for the bushmaster, they seem to be so evenly matched, chrome is nice, but i do clean my guns after every trip ( even my AK :), im so anal ). it seems that accuracy is going to be the same.

the reasons why im going with the bushmaster

1. the bushmaster is $40 buck cheaper and comes with some extra accesories ( but i need someone to buy me the lower grip the legp has :).

2. the barrel is a naked 16" so i can put a CAV comp or other muzzle brake if i want to in the future.

3. I plan on buying the next LEGP. if i ever get any more money :P

thanks for all your replies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Good choice..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top