Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:04:07 PM EDT
Well since a thread got shit on because people felt the need to debate this here is a thread to do it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
ibtp
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It makes them feel tougher.  That way you can violate the rights of poor helpless civilians without worrying about being I.D.'d later.    

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
*throws hands in the air*

thats it, next thread i'm gonna read is "My dick is stuck in a meat grinder!!!, omgwtf did I do wrong?"

You guys are idiots.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it the uber tactical "OPERATOR" mask?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
*throws hands in the air*

thats it, next thread i'm gonna read is "My dick is stuck in a meat grinder!!!, omgwtf did I do wrong?"

You guys are idiots.

Settle down you were in on the thread that got shit on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell Yes they should!

My SWAT buddy is also an undercover Narcotics officer.  If he gets "made" on a raid his family could be in danger.  He has received real threats for some of his Undercover work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think they should be able to wear the "Scream" mask when doing a no-knock entry.

It scares the dogs.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Who gives a fuck?

That's like asking if SWAT guys should wear briefs instead of boxers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My apologies for so badly hijacking that thread.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It clearly states in the Union By-Laws that every JBT must wear a mask.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sure, why not?  

If they felt they would benefit from masks, bomb disposal suits, or clown costumes, then why should we care?

...or is this one of those fashion faux paus polls?  

That made me laugh for some reason...fashion Faux Paus...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Who gives a fuck?

That's like asking if SWAT guys should wear briefs instead of boxers.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
AJNTSA

Yes.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I was there on what might be called "Day 1." I wore a mask because I was there while Joe Dirtbag was receiving his *ahem* preliminary on-scene interview and would be there at 9 AM the next day in a suit asking for a $3 Million bond. I didn't think it would help if Joe could point at me in court and say "He saw it! He saw it all! In fact, he broke this blood vessel here by my eye!"

The masks are for four things

1. Being recognized is awkward.

2. BGs might go after your family.

3. You might be set on fire.

4. You might be indicted.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

My SWAT buddy is also an undercover Narcotics officer.  If he gets "made" on a raid his family could be in danger.  He has received real threats for some of his Undercover work.

exactly why I voted yes. For this reason I worry for the people on that show Dallas Swat.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]
IBTFL.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Wearing masks and not wearing nametags makes sure you can't hold the cops liable for what they do wrong.  They have a very specific purpose to make sure they can't be held accountable for their wrongdoing.z
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't know what to pick, so I voted for all three.

Someone checked the wrong box making this poll.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#20]
It increases Officer presence......... and in case that DD throws some hot shit back.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure, why not. I wear them all the time. Haven't been made since I started, and I'm wanted in three states, four counties, two municipalities, and exactly one township.

If they want to resort to a life of crime as well, what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

Your buddy is the reason we can't trust the swat to wear masks. He betrays our trust everyday by engaging in the unconstitutional, racist, assault on liberty known as the "war on drugs". It is currently quite legal for fucks like your friend to bust down my door and kill me in my home for smoking a J. Maybe if our police weren’t strip searching everyone that looked at them cockeyed, and were truly engaged in the noble cause of providing justice for those who had been wronged, we wouldn’t feel so adversarial about the "militarization" of groups such as swat. Here in California it would be your masked friend coming through the door to get our guns, make no mistake.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

Your buddy is the reason we can't trust the swat to wear masks. He betrays our trust everyday by engaging in the unconstitutional, racist, assault on liberty known as the "war on drugs". It is current quite legal for fucks like your friend to bust down my door and kill me in my home for smoking a J. Maybe if our police weren’t strip searching everyone that looked at them cockeyed, and were truly engaged in the noble cause of providing justice for those who had been wronged, we wouldn’t feel so adversarial about the "militarization" of groups such as swat. Here in California it would be your masked friend coming through the door to get our guns, make no mistake.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
yes, they should all be masks of former presidents.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#26]
this is getting ugly, if I where a SWAT person/officer whatever, I would want a nomex mask for protection, more so with the meth labs than before. I am not leo but I see no problem with it.                                                                                                                                                                                                

Just do NOT WEAR THE BURGER KING CLOWN MASK, that would be tramatic, well armed, well trained creepy King guy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#27]
By all means yes.  Johnny shitem need not be able to ID someone who comes to rally him for his misdeeds.  There is also an intimidation factor involved.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

Your buddy is the reason we can't trust the swat to wear masks. He betrays our trust everyday by engaging in the unconstitutional, racist, assault on liberty known as the "war on drugs". It is currently quite legal for fucks like your friend to bust down my door and kill me in my home for smoking a J. Maybe if our police weren’t strip searching everyone that looked at them cockeyed, and were truly engaged in the noble cause of providing justice for those who had been wronged, we wouldn’t feel so adversarial about the "militarization" of groups such as swat. Here in California it would be your masked friend coming through the door to get our guns, make no mistake.

Well.......this thread just went nuclear.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Relax, we're here to help.....

...Can I see your papers, bitte?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Takes a man to come back and apologize.  Fuhgetaboutit!

HH

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well since a thread got shit on because people felt the need to debate this here is a thread to do it!

Sarge?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

Well.......this thread just went nuclear.

No shit. I voted who cares. I really dont. It doesnt effect me any. Ive done nothing wrong
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
this is getting ugly, if I where a SWAT person/officer whatever, I would want a nomex mask for protection, more so with the meth labs than before. I am not leo but I see no problem with it.                                                                                                                                                                                                

Just do NOT WEAR THE BURGER KING CLOWN MASK, that would be tramatic, well armed, well trained creepy King guy.

I agree the masks might have practical application. Unfortunately, anonymity only exasperates the problem of group think, and frees those with power to simply follow orders without regard for the supposedly inalienable rights the suspects posses. All police ought to be identifiable and recorded by video, we have the technology. This would protect everyone, the cops included.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Curious as to why there isnt a "Post Whore" selection.

They should be allowed to wear what they are comfortable with.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I wear a mask for two reasons Fire protection(meth labs) and Intimidation(this is taught in S.R.T. School) when we are done on the call the mask comes off they can see me...as when im in court testifing they will be able to see me.... cause its the only yellow smiley wearing a "MASK"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Never fear, we're only here to help.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Curious as to why there isnt a "Post Whore" selection.

They should be allowed to wear what they are comfortable with.

I think they should wear a strict uniform, so they wont be mistaken for burglars, when they break in at 3 AM.

Just adding fuel to the fire
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#39]
taggg
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

No shit. I voted who cares. I really dont. It doesnt effect me any. Ive done nothing wrong

Its got nothing to do with right and wrong. Owning a machinegun is not wrong, but the gov would still put a bullet in your head for it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I was there on what might be called "Day 1." I wore a mask because I was there while Joe Dirtbag was receiving his *ahem* preliminary on-scene interview and would be there at 9 AM the next day in a suit asking for a $3 Million bond. I didn't think it would help if Joe could point at me in court and say "He saw it! He saw it all! In fact, he broke this blood vessel here by my eye!"

The masks are for four things

1. Being recognized is awkward.

2. BGs might go after your family.

3. You might be set on fire.

4. You might be indicted.

5. You can make a Crackhead jump 10ft in the air when 6 big guys clad in full gear bust down a door and make entry.....( all this interprets in to a Physchological thing...)

But what he says hits the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell Yes they should!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Masks remind me too much of Palestinian Hamas and other bad guys.

I think it makes for a bad image, like they are too embarrased with what they are doing to show their face.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Only if there is a valid reason such as the SWAT officer will be working undercover, there are flash fire hazards in the home from a drug lab, or if flashbangs are going to be used.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Who Cares?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

5. You can make a Crackhead jump 10ft in the air when 6 big guys clad in full gear bust down a door and make entry.....( all this interprets in to a Physchological thing...)

But what he says hits the nail on the head.

I'm pretty sure 6 big guys in masks would make anybody jump, not just crackheads.  And jumping may get you killed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Masks remind me too much of Palestinian Hamas and other bad guys.

I think it makes for a bad image, like they are too embarrased with what they are doing to show their face.

Seriously what do they have to be embarrased about
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#49]
In my opinion,

These guys:

Didnt end up here:

So people like this:

Could have these guys patroling in the streets:

Because, at this rate, this will soon be justified, in the name of safety:

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Takes a man to come back and apologize.  Fuhgetaboutit!

HH

Thanks for the compliment

Unfortunately this one feels like it might get even uglier
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top