Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 3:19:50 PM EDT
Picked up a copy at the newsstand because of the XD torture test, what I found was that of all the semiautomatic firearms test fired, NOT ONE had a single malfunction, failure to feed, or problem.
In fact they had very little criticism about any of them. Kind of reminded me of the SureFire sponsored "Combat Tactics" magazine, where every second page was a surefire ad, and all the weapons had surefire accessories.

Did all the stars and planets align correctly for their tests, did I miss something, or is this rag just a big paid advertisement for the gun makers? Or am I expecting too much in a critical review and test fire?

Opinions?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It was just a collection of gun tests from other magazines. No new material that I saw
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The guns are supplied to them by the manufacturer...do you think the company is going to ship a gun to a reviewer without test-firing it themselves first and making damned sure it WON'T jam?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The guns are supplied to them by the manufacturer...do you think the company is going to ship a gun to a reviewer without test-firing it themselves first and making damned sure it WON'T jam?

Even the perfect firearms can malfunction at any given time, especially when some of the tests involve dipping in mud and sand, and freezing in ice. Just seems odd that out of ALL the tests - not one hitch.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It was just a collection of gun tests from other magazines. No new material that I saw

Even the XD torture test? I thought that was new.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
First off, I't's Guns and Ammo...They never met a free gun they did'nt like. Frankly, I'd take everything they say with a BIG grain of salt. and before you ask, "Gun Tests" isn't any better, I know I got suckered into subcribing once, They are a bigger bunch of asshats than the guys at G&A, They claim they don't take any advertising money..That might be true, But after reading a few of their mags you could  see why..  they are just smart enough to know the pointy end of the cartridge goes in first. Hopefully, they quit printing their tripe.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top