Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 2:57:26 PM EDT
Does it make a difference?  I know there's a lot of Krink fans here, are they really any better than getting an AK pistol?  I'm thinking about buying this AK47 pistol here (I don't care if it's tapco'd, I want functionality, not a designer label from my guns):

www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=239
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
ghey.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does it make a difference?  I know there's a lot of Krink fans here, are they really any better than getting an AK pistol?  I'm thinking about buying this AK47 pistol here (I don't care if it's tapco'd, I want functionality, not a designer label from my guns):

www.atlanticfirearms.com/admin/images/content/AKCONTACP.jpg

please dont
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What is this faggotry?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

please dont

Why not?  not reliable?  or just not cool?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
First thing to me annoying would be the sights.   Thats why the Krinkov's site is on the receiver cover.

I'd rather plink with a Tec-9 than whats in the photo above.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please dont

God only knows what garage that Ak was built in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please dont

hey hey hey, I build'em on my kitchen table!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I really don't see the point in either AK or AR pistols. I really don't. They look fun, but everything I'd use a pistol for is accomodated nicely by...wait for it...a regular damn pistol.

Other than the "neato" factor, what am I missing here?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First thing to me annoying would be the sights.   Thats why the Krinkov's site is on the receiver cover.

Thanks for a response with at least some logic into it.  I'm getting this to have in my car (but not kept there overnight).  I think the advantage of the 7.62x39 round over any handgun round or even 5.56 is significant when used against road rage nuts inside cars, etc....  That's why I'm looking for either a Krink or a AK47 pistol.  I don't see any reason to use a pistol round when you're not shooting a pistol unless you want a quieter suppressed weapon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please dont

hey hey hey, I build'em on my kitchen table!

I go for the basement. much darker and more cryptic that way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for a response with at least some logic into it.  I'm getting this to have in my car (but not kept there overnight).  I think the advantage of the 7.62x39 round over any handgun round or even 5.56 is significant when used against road rage nuts inside cars, etc....  That's why I'm looking for either a Krink or a AK47 pistol.  I don't see any reason to use a pistol round when you're not shooting a pistol unless you want a quieter suppressed weapon.

Care to elaborate or restate that?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Why not just get an underfolder? Yeah it won't be quite as short, but still extremely maneuverable inside a car.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Neither one are easy to shoot, and has limited practical application (other than a HUGE grin! )

But if you're going micro on the AK platform, do it right

Krink!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
why not spend the extra $200 and get this??

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PS90 for a driver side gun.  Better ergonomics for firing from the left seat.

I think the AK mag would hang you up if you tried to use it in the seat.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
why not spend the extra $200 and get this??

www.atlanticfirearms.com/admin/images/content/krinkm92.jpg

I haven't ruled that out but if I'm going to spend 25% more on a Krink, I'd need a good reason. I've heard people praise Krinks, but I haven't hear any substantive reasons yet why I should pay more for one which is what I'm trying to determine here.  I've seen a lot of emotional responses, few rational ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Why not just get an underfolder? Yeah it won't be quite as short, but still extremely maneuverable inside a car.

www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE0OTU1MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Inside of a car, I don't see maneuvering the underfolder as beeing very easy and shooting it one handed would be even harder IMO.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there actually any controversy in saying that 7.62x39 would be more effective than 5.56 after passing through a windshield, sheet metal, firewall, etc???  Especially from a short barrelled weapon?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there actually any controversy in saying that 7.62x39 would be more effective than 5.56 after passing through a windshield, sheet metal, firewall, etc???  Especially from a short barrelled weapon?

On that, no.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I really don't see the point in either AK or AR pistols. I really don't. They look fun, but everything I'd use a pistol for is accomodated nicely by...wait for it...a regular damn pistol.

Rifle round ballistics in a medium size form factor.  

Of course I'd use a pistol for CCW, my AR for home defense, but inside a car, I don't need something I can conceal on my body, I also don't need something accurate out to X00 yards.  I need something with that fires a round that is effective against targets inside of cars in a package that is maneuverable from inside a car.  AK pistols seem to me to be a good choice here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE0OTU1MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

thats the way I went, I love the thing
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On that, no.

Firing a rifle round inside your car would be a deafening experience.  

So you want this weapon with you inside your car to shoot at other road rage nuts? ...how about;  you reach for a cell phone and call the cops giving them a description of the vehicle and tags... Are you really expecting someone to shoot at you when your driving?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So you want this weapon with you inside your car to shoot at other road rage nuts? ...how about;  you reach for a cell phone and call the cops giving them a description of the vehicle and tags... Are you really expecting someone to shoot at you when your driving?

You sound like one of those anti-gun idiots.  I've had weapons pointed at me while driving, I don't plan on waiting for the cops to show up to protect me if it happens again.  Road rage incidents aren't something you can alway retreat from.  Then there are car jackings, general assaults, etc.. etc...  

The chance that you'll need a firearm while in your car is far greater than one at home, or SHTF/TEOTWAWKI scenarious that people spend way more time preparing for.  Just being pragmatic here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Interested in checking out another option check out the pistol at this web site:

www.krebscustom.com/KalashnikovRifles.html
About 3/4 way down the page.

Not sure on the delivery times but its what I'm considering.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#25]
discharging a AK pistol in your vehicle would make what you are shooting at stop whatever they were doing PDQ... It would also probably make you wish you were shooting with anything but an AK pistol. Hell, the fireball and stippiling would probably make you wish you were wearing a welding mask.
It would definitely kick ass for firepowerusing a AK pistol probably would not bode well with a rookie cop or gun hating District Attorney if you ever really had to use it...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#26]
not me or my pic, but the serbu shorty 12 guage may be another firearm to consider

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
using a AK pistol probably would not bode well with a rookie cop or gun hating District Attorney if you ever really had to use it...

That's a good point.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
not me or my pic, but the serbu shorty 12 guage may be another firearm to consider

www.biggerhammer.net/mgshoot/kcrfall2k/serbu_20g_shorty.jpg

www.impactguns.com/store/media/sershortsgs_smal.gif

it's only a $5 AOW too i believe; not a $200 SBR
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a yugo krink I like the trit night sights which the AK pistol doesn't have, this might be a plus for you.  I don't always get a fire ball but sometimes I do and at night it is like a really bright camera flash.   I'm selling mine at a gunshow this weekend because my better half spent to much on Christmas and crossed the line into my my gun fund.  Otherwise I like it for the CCW aspect and leaving it in my truck for simple effect of added firepower.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

roasting marshmallows over the muzzle flash?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I can engage you with one 75 rnd drum at 1-200meters and you can do what?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#32]
one more thing to add with a 75rnd drum and one 30 rnder I have 105 rnds to your +/-40.  You will have 2-4 mag changes to my one.  I can apply a steady rate of fire and advance at you.  what are you going to do?  Added to the fact that your riccochette(sp) pistol rounds loose considerable energy after hitting something while mine maintain lethal force.  There is not much in the real world you can hide behind outside of brick and stone that I won't eventually penetrate.  Basic fire superiority, keeping your head down and eventually you running out of ammo if you try to engage me while I still have plenty.  Not that I would ever wish this situation on anyone in a civilized society.
I see a very good advantage, the size and pinpoint accuracy are its only disadvantage.  But if a person where standing in the raod you can always bounce the rounds off the ground infront of them and take out legs, them finish them off while on the ground.  Close up the advantage is in your favor if you can shoot under stress and seeing a 75 rnd Krink well enough said.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
discharging a AK pistol in your vehicle would make what you are shooting at stop whatever they were doing PDQ... It would also probably make you wish you were shooting with anything but an AK pistol. Hell, the fireball and stippiling would probably make you wish you were wearing a welding mask..

Yep, how about this instead then?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top