User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No.

Buying a new car is cheaper than renting a lawyer.

Very good point.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
HELL NO!

unless my wife is in the car, then I shoot to get him to stop and tell him, this isn't a loan

Gary

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in 1975, my Dad was in an attempted car jacking in DC. He was at an intersection and some dude reached a knife into the passengers window and told Dad to get out. Well, he drove a Cadilac El. With the power windows that are super fast. He wound up the window tight onto the jackers arm, mashed the gas then released him at 60mph. He laughed all the way back to WV. I still have the knife.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm.......... Let's see -  file and insurance claim, or go to federalpoundyouintheass prison.

What to choose.............what to choose........
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, cause i thought my child was still in the car  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]

if it's a night & I'm here in TX ,  HELL YES !
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Bulldoze the whole f'n parking lot
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Me thinks....... If you were car jacked, you were not paying enough attention to your surroundings.

I never sit at a light without always checking my mirrors and looking around.

You can prevent most crime by staying awake and paying attention.

No, I would not shoot, But then again he wouldnt have got my car in the first place......
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Some criminal broke into a guy's truck one night, in downtown Fort Worth.  He took property & started running away.  The victim fired a few shots, hitting the criminal.  The grand jury did not indict.      

That's Fort Worth.

Try it in Cambridge, Mass.

Go to jail.
Go directly to jail
do not pass go
do not collect $200
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
No shoot in TN… as soon as the immediate threat is gone you have no legal grounds to shoot.

IMO it is not worth the potential legal hassle anywhere and insurance will cover the car.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
if he's driving away, it's too late....i would not want to risk hitting an innocent bystander
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hmm.......... Let's see -  file and insurance claim, or go to federalpoundyouintheass prison.

What to choose.............what to choose........

I know what you would choose.

"I've never seen a man adapt to a Turkish prison so quickly"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top