Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:35:26 AM EDT
They have said FU to the world and they are resuming activities at the reactors.
Nukes
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Blah, Blah, Blah.  The UN will do exactly what they did when issuing resolutions, 12 to be exact, to Sadam - NOTHING.  China is in bed with Iran for their oil, so don't expect much from them either.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Not again... as they alway were.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
They're hoping we give them more free money to keep them from doing it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone seen this?

(yes I posted it in another thread, sue me!)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone seen this?

And to quote from the article on frontpagemag:

Thanks to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran, a new word has entered the political vocabulary: mahdaviat.

Not surprisingly, it’s a technical religious term. Mahdaviat derives from mahdi, Arabic for “rightly-guided one,” a major figure in Islamic eschatology. He is, explains the Encyclopaedia of Islam, “the restorer of religion and justice who will rule before the end of the world.”

The funny thing is, he just might be right. What he is doing might lead to the "end of the world". The end of his little world when his country does something stupid and gets nuked back to the stone age. Can you say "self-fulfilling prophesy"?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone seen this?

And to quote from the article on frontpagemag:

Thanks to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran, a new word has entered the political vocabulary: mahdaviat.

Not surprisingly, it’s a technical religious term. Mahdaviat derives from mahdi, Arabic for “rightly-guided one,” a major figure in Islamic eschatology. He is, explains the Encyclopaedia of Islam, “the restorer of religion and justice who will rule before the end of the world.”

The funny thing is, he just might be right. What he is doing might lead to the "end of the world". The end of his little world when his country does something stupid and gets nuked back to the stone age. Can you say "self-fulfilling prophesy"?

That is exactly what is so scary about it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#7]
How can this be when the EU is running the negotiations?  Last year they got Iran to agree to stop and celebrated like it was a major victory.  Then a couple months later Iran threatend to resume research and the EU said they would be really mad and might have to tell on them by reporting them to the UN.  Now we see Iran actually did resume their nuclear activites and the EU is still saying they are mad and might report them to the UN.  Of course as seen with Iraq someone can be reported to the UN 16 times and the UN will still stand by the sidelines and argue about if they really are or aren't a threat.  Hopefully Bush continues to stay out of this fight and tells France and Germany that it's on their shoulders this time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Double post. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I think we should help them out and "donate" one of ours . . . if you catch my drift.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
How soon before we are involved in a war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top