Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Same bank was robbed November 17th by a man and a woman.  Don't know yet what the gender makeup is today....

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any place to get steaming video? Dont have access to a TV right now.

"Steaming video" heh.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Congrats macman37 on making 10K posts.

Only about 398 to go for me.  

keerap I can't believe I used 10k on that!

oh well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
the FBI?  OMG, they're going to burn the bank to the ground
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

look on page two i bet you to it  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#6]
They are saying this guy is running the show...

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There are guilty people in there! They woun't burn it down! Get some women and children and the marshmellows come out!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Most banks get robbed once a month?  Where at, Bogota?

Ever been to a bank in Colombia?  If the guard out side with the revolver isn't enough deterrent, the guy with the revolver inside, that makes you show an ATM card to get in(if you don't look American), is backed up by two more guys with shotguns.

I don't think they get robbed too often, also, with the presence of soldiers everywhere with assault weapons, the soldiers are also police, I don't think there are many robberies where the perps survive.

Not 100% of the banks I used had four guys on security, but a few did, and every bank seemed to have at least one guy with a shotgun.

I think a long time ago banks in the US figured it cost less to get robbed and pay the insurance, than it does two hire security and pay liability insurance for their actions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

look on page two i bet you to it  

damn, you even beat me to it also.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Holy shit, Federal JBT's, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]
What the hell is with all the trollery?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I am surprised that no-one in the bank is CCW. Imagine a few CCWs in there - what would you do? Would you open fire immidiately? Or would you "play along" until the right moment?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What the hell is with all the trollery?

All of ARF is in rare form today.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hope they stormed the place wearing long sleeve shirts, polyster pants, and ties while armed with a revolver.  No need in any of that icky SWAT-type gear.

I agree completely.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope they request a motorcycle for the getaway... video
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hope they stormed the place wearing long sleeve shirts, polyster pants, and ties while armed with a revolver.  No need in any of that icky SWAT-type gear.

I agree completely.

does swat storm buildings anymore?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

- YEAH!! Screw personal safety.. hell yeah!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This is less than a mile from the entrance to DisneyWorld.

HH

DAMMIT!  I was supposed to start a contract gig there this week.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
To many JBT's on the ground. There is revenue that needs collecting.

They need no more than two donut munchers to handle this detail.

Get back to work.

The same joke twice in one thread, wow.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

- Actually they usually Sit, Wait, And Talk.  Entry would be forced if something went sideways (appeared hostages were going to be killed, etc.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

I'm just rolling with the flow. Never once have I said that Swat should dress inappropriately.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#22]
"All units, we have a signal ten-seven-niner.  Officers are in pursuit of a 1974 black and white dodge sedan, southbound on forty seven.  Respond to signal ten-seven-niner.  Occupants of vehicle, one Joliet Jake Blues, one Elwood Blues.  Consider them extremely dangerous."

"Use of unnecessary violence in apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved."

Hut...hut...hut...hut...hut...hut...hut.

"Excuse me, did you see two guys come in here; black suits, black hats, one carrying a briefcase?"

"Yeah, I sent them down there."
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"All units, we have a signal ten-seven-niner.  Officers are in pursuit of a 1974 black and white dodge sedan, southbound on forty seven.  Respond to signal ten-seven-niner.  Occupants of vehicle, one Joliet Jake Blues, one Elwood Blues.  Consider them extremely dangerous."

"Use of unnecessary violence in apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved."

Hut...hut...hut...hut...hut...hut...hut.

"Excuse me, did you see two guys come in here; black suits, black hats, one carrying a briefcase?"

"Yeah, I sent them down there."

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I hope they request a motorcycle for the getaway... video

That was great!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am surprised that no-one in the bank is CCW. Imagine a few CCWs in there - what would you do? Would you open fire immidiately? Or would you "play along" until the right moment?

About the time they got to "This is a jack motherf....." They would go down in a hail of bullets providing I had a clear & safe shot. Don't believe in the "wait & see what happens" concept. I always scope out cover when I go into the bank, they get robbed all the time because they don't have guards anymore. Conversely the mini marts that used to get robbed seldom do because Habib is packing heat and an attitude.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

- Actually they usually Sit, Wait, And Talk.  Entry would be forced if something went sideways (appeared hostages were going to be killed, etc.

Thats what I thought. I always like those videos from other countrys where they just walk up and shoot the hostage taker in the face..HAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

I'm not sure if it applies here, as I'm not watching TV, but how exactly does wearing a ski mask help improve officer safety?  Why do so many "SWAT" type cops insist on donning one?  I'm willing to bet more than a few put on the gear and check themselves out in the mirror to see how "badass" they look.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About the time they got to "This is a jack motherf....." They would go down in a hail of bullets providing I had a clear & safe shot. Don't believe in the "wait & see what happens" concept. I always scope out cover when I go into the bank, they get robbed all the time because they don't have guards anymore. Conversely the mini marts that used to get robbed seldom do because Habib is packing heat and an attitude.

- A numbr of the bans around here have police working security for them as an offduty job for the officers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#30]
How do you not get out of the bank before the cops show up?  Was it across the streat from the Dunkin Donuts?

CO
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

I'm not sure if it applies here, as I'm not watching TV, but how exactly does wearing a ski mask help improve officer safety?  Why do so many "SWAT" type cops insist on donning one?  I'm willing to bet more than a few put on the gear and check themselves out in the mirror to see how "badass" they look.

Just may be that the mask preserves his identity to those he trusts and keeps him AND his family out of potential future danger.  Anybody stupid enough to rob a bank would be stupid enough to try and exact revenge on the officer/family, or have someone else do it for them.

HH

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It's no problem if the cops have swat gear as long as everyone can have swat gear (including all associated weaponry and armor).
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#33]
JBT's to the rescue,
JBT's to the rescue.

Whatcha' gonna do when the JBT's come for you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How do you not get out of the bank before the cops show up?  Was it across the streat from the Dunkin Donuts?

CO

Actually, it's about a 1/4 mile down the street  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my last CCW instructor: Don't get involved unless it gets ugly. Why?

He knew an off duty cop that was at a bank with his 7 year old son, waiting in line. Guy in front of him pulls a gun at the teller and demands money. Off duty cop draws and says "Freeze"...

...and then the bad guy's accomplice, in line behind the off duty cop, shoots the cop in the head. In front of his son.  

Me? I'm sorry, but I've done my due diligence and got myself a CCW permit to protect myself (and my wife/family) in case something like this happens. If someone else didn't get theirs, well, tough. I'm not going to take a bullet for them.

Is that an ugly attitude? Sorry, don't care. I did not get a hero permit. If it gets loud and my wifes or my life is threatened, expect return fire.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

- They also serve as flash (if pyro is used) and to a lesser degree cut protection.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Along with goggles, it protects the face when they use diversionary devices(flashbangs etc.)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#38]
This has been going on for over six hours, I say it's over before dark.

What say you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Is it still going on?

I just see the Alito Hearings on all news channels
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

Just may be that the mask preserves his identity to those he trusts and keeps him AND his family out of potential future danger.  Anybody stupid enough to rob a bank would be stupid enough to try and exact revenge on the officer/family, or have someone else do it for them.

HH

If that was the case, cops would have to be wearing ski masks everywhere.  On patrol, on domestics, and especially testifying in court.  Maybe district attorneys, judges, and parole officers ought to wear them too then.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely.

HH

If that was the case, cops would have to be wearing ski masks everywhere.  On patrol, on domestics, and especially testifying in court.  Maybe district attorneys, judges, and parole officers ought to wear them too then.

I only wore mine on raids. Not regular patrol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- They also serve as flash (if pyro is used) and to a lesser degree cut protection.  

I've heard that reasoning before but it seems more like an excuse to wear them, then an viable reason.  Then again, maybe I'm totally wrong.  At least it's a better reason then supposedly protecting the cop's identities.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard that reasoning before but it seems more like an excuse to wear them, then an viable reason.  Then again, maybe I'm totally wrong.  At least it's a better reason then supposedly protecting the cop's identities.

So, what is a viable reason to you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK.  I qualified that with a "Just may be.."  Let's hear your thoughts on why they wear them.  We'd all be interested if you have the answers instead of offering only criticism.

Have at it!

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's no problem if the cops have swat gear as long as everyone can have swat gear (including all associated weaponry and armor).

Yep so next time a heavily armed house of drug dealers needs to be raided we will call you .

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And why exactly wouldnt they wear them? Average street cops have to get along with the public ESU and SWAT do not.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interestingly, I never felt the need as an LEO to hide my identity, but that was back in the late '70's and early '80's.  The world has changed-a lot.  

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Skiing, robbing banks, or maybe when it's just really, really cold outside
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#48]
So aside from the cold comment, you dont have an actual answer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Skiing, robbing banks, or maybe when it's just really, really cold outside

Brilliant answer.  

That's just what we thought you'd say.

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
So aside from the cold comment, you dont have an actual answer.

He's sitting in Mom and Dad's basment trying to cleverly figure out a response, or figuring out how he can get out of something he should never have crapped on.

HH
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top