Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:16:02 AM EDT
I would like some opinions from you guys about this movie.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:30:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:38:18 AM EDT
Haven't heard of it, is it worth watching?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:50:48 AM EDT
heh, 3 documented threads...

ibtl!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LashLaRue:
Haven't heard of it, is it worth watching?

It's a romantic comedy starring Paris Hilton.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:05:32 AM EDT
Munich is a remake of a made for TV movie from the 1980s called, 'The Sword of Gideon'. While based on real events, the terror attacks at the Munich Olympics, it is based on a novel and is a fictional account of an Israeli agent who is sent to assassinate the Arabs who orchastrated the attack.

I thought both were good movies. They are study in the dicotomy of retribution/revenge and the moral and political price paid by an individual and government .
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:19:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By monkeyman:
Munich is a remake of a made for TV movie from the 1980s called, 'The Sword of Gideon'. While based on real events, the terror attacks at the Munich Olympics, it is based on a novel and is a fictional account of an Israeli agent who is sent to assassinate the Arabs who orchastrated the attack.

I thought both were good movies. They are study in the dicotomy of retribution/revenge and the moral and political price paid by an individual and government .

No.

The movie is based on a discredited book about the events, not the movie "The Sword of Gideon"
That movie at least tried to get it right.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:22:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 7:24:23 AM EDT by bfieldburt]

Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Originally Posted By monkeyman:

No.

The movie is based on a discredited book about the events, not the movie "The Sword of Gideon"
That movie at least tried to get it right.

Yeah, well, Sword of Gideon was okay. The thing I didn't like about it was it had the Israelis feeling guilty about going after the terrorists and killing them. I think that had more to do with some kind of movie-makers agenda than reality. That's also the problem with Munich. Real professional soldiers do not feel bad about killing monsters who do and plan stuff like that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:28:44 AM EDT
Should of had more T&A
Top Top