Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 12:01:51 PM EDT
I've gotten hooked watching the old Tyson fights on ESPN classic.  The uy's an animal.  He really never takes too many punches but sure as hell can deliver.  As far as speed and punching power and technique I think he's about as good as it gets.  I could watch that stuff for hours.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
As far as speed and punching power and technique I think he's...he WAS about as good as it gets...got.

I have been watching those too.

He was absolutely stunning.  Too bad he really IS an animal and couldn't control his dominance issues.

AKA felony rape and sodomy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As far as speed and punching power and technique I think he's...he WAS about as good as it gets...got.

I have been watching those too.

He was absolutely stunning.  Too bad he really IS an animal and couldn't control his dominance issues.

AKA felony rape and sodomy.

I watched most of those fights live (on TV of course). He was without a doubt the "baddest man on the planet" at the time.

What a waste.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe another Che tat or two would do it...

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll bet he couldn't take a full-power shot from you know who, though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Really the only person that could control him was Gus D'Amato.  After he died, the descent began.

His rape trial was pretty much a joke; Don King convinced him to use his tax attorney and the woman he had been accused of raping had a history of accusing other men for rape and then dropping the charges, evidence and testimony regarding that were not introduced.

Another good one to catch on 'classic' is "The Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame... Mike Tyson for Losing to Buster Douglas."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top