Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:06:50 AM EDT
I just mailed off my tax returns. I get money back. $373 from the feds and $183 from the state.

That's a total of......

$556

I think it's a sign.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just mailed off my tax returns. I get money back. $373 from the feds and $183 from the state.

That's a total of......

$556

I think it's a sign.  

That was fast. I have to wait on a whole bunch of stuff to come in at the end of this month (1099s, etc...)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I usually owe a few bucks, which is exacly how I want it. I'm not giving those fuckers one red cent of free money during the year. If *I* withold too little, they can penalize me for it - even if I pay what I owe immediately. If *they* take too much, it's just an interest free loan.

I hate this time of year. Implement a flat tax - NO EXCEPTIONS OR DEDUCTIONS - and abolish the IRS. There is no reason the tax code shouldn't consume more than a two or three pages.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
My current employer is very good at getting the W4's out. Got mine Friday. Plus my life is very uncomplicated so it's a breeze to fill out the 1040A.

I agree about overpaying, but $373 divided by 12 is $31.08 per month. If that $31 was in my check I wouldn't even notice it. Several years ago I worked a parttime job and they NEVER got my deductions right, not even when I was there fulltime, before my current job. There were a few years doing both jobs where my state return just covered what I owed the feds. That was a perfect withholding.

But I still like to get a bit every winter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're tax rate is properly adjusted, there should never be a refund (or money owed).

That said... it is fun getting a refund!!  (can you say guns & ammo!!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top