Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:06:50 AM EDT
I just mailed off my tax returns. I get money back. $373 from the feds and $183 from the state.

That's a total of......

$556

I think it's a sign.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:08:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
I just mailed off my tax returns. I get money back. $373 from the feds and $183 from the state.

That's a total of......

$556

I think it's a sign.

That was fast. I have to wait on a whole bunch of stuff to come in at the end of this month (1099s, etc...)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:14:35 AM EDT
I usually owe a few bucks, which is exacly how I want it. I'm not giving those fuckers one red cent of free money during the year. If *I* withold too little, they can penalize me for it - even if I pay what I owe immediately. If *they* take too much, it's just an interest free loan.

I hate this time of year. Implement a flat tax - NO EXCEPTIONS OR DEDUCTIONS - and abolish the IRS. There is no reason the tax code shouldn't consume more than a two or three pages.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:27:49 AM EDT
My current employer is very good at getting the W4's out. Got mine Friday. Plus my life is very uncomplicated so it's a breeze to fill out the 1040A.

I agree about overpaying, but $373 divided by 12 is $31.08 per month. If that $31 was in my check I wouldn't even notice it. Several years ago I worked a parttime job and they NEVER got my deductions right, not even when I was there fulltime, before my current job. There were a few years doing both jobs where my state return just covered what I owed the feds. That was a perfect withholding.

But I still like to get a bit every winter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:29:15 AM EDT
If you're tax rate is properly adjusted, there should never be a refund (or money owed).

That said... it is fun getting a refund!! (can you say guns & ammo!!)
Top Top