Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 8:48:54 PM EDT
Pics will be forthcoming as will links to videos in the next few days.

A buddy from work, an agent with the Geek Squad, is fascinated by my .44 Desert Eagle. He's a gamer, but he's very open-minded and not an idiot. He brought his cousin Amanda with him to shoot everything I have. Jason had only fired a .22 and a BB gun, his cousin had only shot a 20 gauge shotgun. He said he would bring his Grandpa one day, he is a Vietnam Vet. Strange, I still think of grandpas being WW2 vets. I'm getting older and my friends are getting younger.

I let them go through at least a magazine or so in;

a Ruger Mark 2
Taurus 62 pump .22
Ruger 10/22
Bushmaster M-4 with and without a Colt .22 kit, with and without a LaRue BUIS and HOLOsight
Colt A2 HBAR
RRA/Model 1 AR 7.5" pistol
SKS-D
Paratrooper SKS
Mossberg 590
H&R 20 gauge single barrel
Ruger P-94 in .40 S&W
and a Desert Eagle Mk 7 in .44 Magnum with an alloy frame.

Jason shot left handed with everything successfully, except the Desert Eagle. His finger kept hitting the slide lock until I convinced him to shoot it right-handed. Amanda schooled him with everything but the .40. But my 9 year-old daughter was able to hit a half-liter water bottle with the BM. We were shooting 2-liter bottles, tennis balls, and practice golfballs at 25-40 yards. They did better with iron sights than with the HOLOsight on the BM. He brought a dead 17" CRT monitor to shoot with the Desert Eagle. It was pretty neat. The 180 grain JSP was completely contained by the tube and elecronics on the first hit. You might be safe in a shoot out in a computer shop.

What would cap it off is if he was dressed in his uniform, he would have looked like Michael Douglas in Falling Downa deranged Mormon Elder...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top