Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2006 6:55:22 PM EDT
Inspired by the 14 years later she calls me thread - and meant as an antidote to the constant divorce / my woman left me threads. Something to give those guys a little hope.

I know there are stories out there on the board - I've seen them before.

A woman left you and broke your heart. Time goes by, you get your stuff together. Then, one day out of the blue, you run into her (or she calls) and she wants to get back with you. Or she sees how happy and successful you are with someone else, and it makes her realize what a mistake she made all those years ago and what an idiot she was.

Let's hear 'em.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Any person who would get back togather with a person that dumped them, or cheated on them, has no self respect.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I see it all the time.

Or when she doesn't want a relationship with you... and she runs off with another guy. Couple months later, she comes crawling back... it espically happens when you have yourself a g/f.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to screwup your thread......

Quoted:
Inspired by the 14 years later she calls me thread - and meant as an antidote to the constant divorce / my woman left me threads. Something to give those guys a little hope.

I know there are stories out there on the board - I've seen them before.

A woman left you and broke your heart. Time goes by, you get your stuff together. Then, one day out of the blue, you run into her (or she calls) and she wants to get back with you.

Yup!! Happened to me!  I fell for it, dated her for almost two years, married for five, and she left me in the middle of the night for some kid 10 years younger.  She REALLY fucked me up the second time!

I should add....she came crying back a couple months after she initially stomped on my heart the first time, and I told her very politely to get bent.  I fell for it 7 years later after I **thought** she might have gotten a clue.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember one girl.  She tried to get back with me after she cheated on me, had a kid and balloned up to the the point where rosie o'donnel would look anorexic in comparison.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I'll bite. I'm kind of the new guy that sits way in the back so this is kind of my first personal post here, but this happened to me a couple weeks ago. Weird how this time of year brings this kind of thing out.

We dated all through school, from about 5th grade on. Then one day right before graduation she dumped me. With an email. Wouldn't take phone calls, avoids me at school. Went by the house as a last ditch kind of thing an her father, who I was always on very good terms with met me at the door. Not so politely told me to leave and never come back. Took his advice. Went to college for a year, didn't work out, joined the army. Been in six years now, happily married for three. Kind of lost touch with people back home over the years but did a lot of meeting up and catchin up while home for the holidays. I guess thats what brought it about. Last tuesday I get a phone call with an area code local to my hometown. i handed uot my number to a lot of old friends while home so figured it was one of them. Answered the phone expecting it would be an old friend someone else had passed my number to, say hello and silence on the other end. Say hello again and a female voice says Armyairborne*? I say yes. This is "ex-gf I wish had never gotten my number" and launches into a 15 minute speech/rant about how crazy she was then, how much she's gone throough and changed since then, how she thinks about me constantly, blah blah blah. So I did what every man should do the day he gets a call like this. I hung up on her and called the phone company to block her number from calling. Seriously why would anyone want to get back together or have anything else to do with someone that didn't have the decency to break up face to face and have her father threaten me?

*names changed to protect the innocent, and the guilty.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Many years ago.  One evening, about 3 months after my divorce was finalized, I just happened to be standing in my front door when my ex- came crusing through my court. she didn't stop, but it was enough to make me really paranoid for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]
AA, you did the right thing!!

Good for you!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Any person who would get back togather with a person that dumped them, or cheated on them, has no self respect.

Exactly.

My ex-wife, after 6 months is now asking if there's a possibility we could get back togather.  (I saw it coming a mile away) It hit me really hard when she left, but now having been away from the relationship I can see all her dysfunction.  Hell, I feel alive for the first time in seven years!  She's failed at a few realationships thus far and is depressed all the time.  There's no F'ing way I'd take her back but I was nice about how I explained it to her.  She took it well.  

My current GF put it this way, "Her loss, my gain!"
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Tagged. I guess you could say I'm making my story right now.

She goes to college for vocal performance . I go to college for chemical process engineering. I'm just biding my time for I know the outcome already. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve to slant the odds my way if the need arises. Until then, guns, memories, and photographs keep me company at night.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
These storys are great..... My GF of 2.5yrs left me about 2 months ago for another guy....  

Its good to hear about the light at the end of the tunnel as I slowly get over it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#11]
People don't change.

God forgives people, I don't. Thus, never take a girl back. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
These storys are great..... My GF of 2.5yrs left me about 2 months ago for another guy....  

Its good to hear about the light at the end of the tunnel as I slowly get over it.

Which is why I asked the question.

I've seen the stories here and there...running into the ex with the new, hotter girlfriend., etc...there needs to be a place for all these stories for inspiration.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got back together with a girl I dated 3 years ago. We broke up over something really stupid the first time, and now we are having the best time ever. After the time apart we both have changed for the better and we couldn't be happier.

Results WILL vary.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
People don't change.

C'mon now...what about the occasional "booty call"

That's not really taking them back!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, sometimes the occasional rendezvous can help ease the blow of the break up.  

Taking them back seems to be a bad idea most of the time though, even though you still have feelings for them.  

As a friend told me, you just have to picture them getting railed in the back of an El Camino by 5 guys.  That will help them seem less appeaing, and often tends to be close to the truth anyway when they leave you out of nowhere.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am gonna have to agree with this..........

Roy
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Ex-g/f (dated for about 5 years) dumped me about 4 years ago 2 months later she came back asking for forgiveness.  So I took her back for a night, busted a nut in her pooper and left her lying in the wet spot of her own bed.  Never looked back when I walked out of her house.

No great loss...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I remember one girl.  She tried to get back with me after she cheated on me, had a kid and balloned up to the the point where rosie o'donnel would look anorexic in comparison.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
People don't change.

Harsh, but my sentiments exactly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#21]
To me, taking someone back would depend on the level of the relationship.

If she trashed your life while in a serious, committed relationship, the absolutely not.

If, on the other hand, she dumped you while casually dating, or after a few dates, or there was a 'peaceful' breakup after a long-term relationship, then resuming the relationship is certainly possible.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ex-g/f (dated for about 5 years) dumped me about 4 years ago 2 months later she came back asking for forgiveness.  So I took her back for a night, busted a nut in her pooper and left her lying in the wet spot of her own bed.  Never looked back when I walked out of her house.

No great loss...

That'll teach her.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
never take a girl back. Ever.

+1

You will be viewed as even more of a doormat than the first time she crapped on you.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#24]
My ex wife had severe second thoughts about three years after our divorce.  She had moved out for a "separation".  I initiated the divorce.

Hell would have to freeze over before I'd consider taking her back.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No great loss...

That'll teach her.

I doubt it.  She got a new boy friend and got pregnant.  They broke up of course and she hit him with child support.  The kid was born and everyone found out he wasn't the father and everyone got proof she was a hard core slut.

Any of you guys remember the movie "Me, Myself, and Irean"

When we broke up she was on the perifery of my circle so keeping tabs for the sake of the freek show was easy.  She popped out a kid and dropped of the earth.

The guy laughed his ass off at the bitch when he went to court to get the child recinded.  She has no clue who the father is.

Fucking cunt deserves what she got too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
anecdote

An anecdote is a short story, which is what was solicited by the original poster as an antidote, or cure, for all the sad breakup stories that he has read here recently.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#28]
We were dating on and off for a few months then one day she says she doesnt want to see me anymore.
Thats getting dumped, right ?
When she dumped me it wasnt heart breaking and no feelings were crushed. She wanted to settle down and I wanted to be a carefree as possible so it was a no brainer for her.

She would come into my work every few months to get her car worked on, thats how we met.
We would talk for a minute or two and thats it for a few years. One day she asked if I was free for dinner and it just so happens I was kicking the present girlfriend to the curb in the next day or two. So I told her I would be free next week , what day would she like?

Dinner went great, she moved in a year later, she's been Mrs Baddog for almost a decade now.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Was with my ex-fiancee for a couple years. Being young and impressionable, I proposed to her, thinking she was The One. 3 months later, she broke up with me over some BS reason. Truth is, she did me a huge favor, but at the time my wounded pride got the better of me and I refused to talk to her for years. A couple months ago, while my then-current relationship was dying, she appears out of the blue.

I refrain from posting details because I don't trust the internet, but life has dealt her a hard hand over the past couple years, and mine has been fairly rewarding. Comparing notes after all that time made me realize what a blessing the breakup was for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No great loss...

That'll teach her.

I doubt it.  She got a new boy friend and got pregnant.  They broke up of course and she hit him with child support.  The kid was born and everyone found out he wasn't the father and everyone got proof she was a hard core slut.

Any of you guys remember the movie "Me, Myself, and Irean"

When we broke up she was on the perifery of my circle so keeping tabs for the sake of the freek show was easy.  She popped out a kid and dropped of the earth.

The guy laughed his ass off at the bitch when he went to court to get the child recinded.  She has no clue who the father is.

Fucking cunt deserves what she got too.

But if you popped her in the pooper the little shit might be yours
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag. I have a story about my ex moving in next door without realizing I lived here. Will fill it in later.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anecdote

An anecdote is a short story, which is what was solicited by the original poster as an antidote, or cure, for all the sad breakup stories that he has read here recently.

Damn 82ndAbn trying to bust my chops!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ok, I'll bite. I'm kind of the new guy that sits way in the back so this is kind of my first personal post here, but this happened to me a couple weeks ago. Weird how this time of year brings this kind of thing out.

We dated all through school, from about 5th grade on. Then one day right before graduation she dumped me. With an email. Wouldn't take phone calls, avoids me at school. Went by the house as a last ditch kind of thing an her father, who I was always on very good terms with met me at the door. Not so politely told me to leave and never come back. Took his advice. Went to college for a year, didn't work out, joined the army. Been in six years now, happily married for three.

<snip>

Kind of makes you wonder what lies she told her daddy about you, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Tag. I have a story about my ex moving in next door without realizing I lived here. Will fill it in later.

Do tell...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#37]
trouble with old flames is...well, they're old!

Gravity is a bitch
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#38]
3.5 billion bitches in the world.  Its a target rich enviroment.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

We dated all through school, from about 5th grade on. Then one day right before graduation she dumped me. With an email. Wouldn't take phone calls, avoids me at school. Went by the house as a last ditch kind of thing an her father, who I was always on very good terms with met me at the door. Not so politely told me to leave and never come back. Took his advice. Went to college for a year, didn't work out, joined the army. Been in six years now, happily married for three. Kind of lost touch with people back home over the years but did a lot of meeting up and catchin up while home for the holidays. I guess thats what brought it about. Last tuesday I get a phone call with an area code local to my hometown. i handed uot my number to a lot of old friends while home so figured it was one of them. Answered the phone expecting it would be an old friend someone else had passed my number to, say hello and silence on the other end. Say hello again and a female voice says Armyairborne*? I say yes. This is "ex-gf I wish had never gotten my number" and launches into a 15 minute speech/rant about how crazy she was then, how much she's gone throough and changed since then, how she thinks about me constantly, blah blah blah. So I did what every man should do the day he gets a call like this. I hung up on her and called the phone company to block her number from calling. Seriously why would anyone want to get back together or have anything else to do with someone that didn't have the decency to break up face to face and have her father threaten me?

*names changed to protect the innocent, and the guilty.

Bravo!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
trouble with old flames is...well, they're old!

Gravity is a bitch

They can fix that for 5-8 grand
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Been posted here before.

Short version:

Had been divorced about 2 yrs or so, and my ex calls. Has got to see me, and gives me her flight info.  I’m thinking WTFO?

At the airport she’s all over me, and I give her the ‘back off.’

She says she realized she made a terrible mistake, wants me back, will do anything, etc.

My first thought is ‘NOT IN THIS FUCKING LIFETIME!’  But rather than shut her down, I decided to ride it out.  She wasn’t nearby, so all I had to do was listen to her on the phone.  I really did want to believe she was telling the truth, but I knew better from the get go.

And no, I didn’t sleep with her during those coupla days - although she was persistent.

She went back to her home, and called me what seemed like every other day.  Begged me to get out of the mil before I reached retirement, move to her home, blah blah blah.

So I call at the normally scheduled time to talk to my daughter.  Daughter answers.  “Hi daddy, guess where mommy is?”  “I dunno”  “She’s with Robert buying a wedding dress.”

Of course I played the whole thing off, and had a normal conversation with my daughter.

Coupla days later, the ex calls, and again goes into the ‘leave the mil and move here, let’s restart our lives together’ speech.

I asked, “Who is Robert?”

She hung up the phone.

People are fucking cruel.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I had one break up with me. She meets some one new, get married, and nine years latter is divorced.  Gives me a call and to make a long story short, I visit her in her city a couple of times and she thinks that I'm quiting my job to move in with her and to take up where we left off.  No dice.  Her pissing, moning, and crying remined me that she did me a favor as she was so depressive and would make me feel so bad that it would make me feel like shooting myself in the head.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Been posted here before.

Short version:

Had been divorced about 2 yrs or so, and my ex calls. Has got to see me, and gives me her flight info.  I’m thinking WTFO?

At the airport she’s all over me, and I give her the ‘back off.’

She says she realized she made a terrible mistake, wants me back, will do anything, etc.

My first thought is ‘NOT IN THIS FUCKING LIFETIME!’  But rather than shut her down, I decided to ride it out.  She wasn’t nearby, so all I had to do was listen to her on the phone.  I really did want to believe she was telling the truth, but I knew better from the get go.

And no, I didn’t sleep with her during those coupla days - although she was persistent.

She went back to her home, and called me what seemed like every other day.  Begged me to get out of the mil before I reached retirement, move to her home, blah blah blah.

So I call at the normally scheduled time to talk to my daughter.  Daughter answers.  “Hi daddy, guess where mommy is?”  “I dunno”  “She’s with Robert buying a wedding dress.”

Of course I played the whole thing off, and had a normal conversation with my daughter.

Coupla days later, the ex calls, and again goes into the ‘leave the mil and move here, let’s restart our lives together’ speech.

I asked, “Who is Robert?”

She hung up the phone.

People are fucking cruel.

Wow.

So do you think she was just doing this to mess with you, or she wanted to see if she could land you instead of settling for robert?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Wow.

So do you think she was just doing this to mess with you, or she wanted to see if she could land you instead of settling for robert?

I honestly don't know.

She...uhhh...slept around a lot before we got married.  Her father - God rest his soul - told me this.  I didn't know this prior to our dating/marriage, and never told her I knew.

I think she tried the monogamy thing with me for those 4 years, but she (?) didn't like it = best guess.

I traveled a lot then, so she had plenty of opportunity for infidelity.  Don't know if she took advantage of it.

Ahh....whaddya gonna do?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

I honestly don't know.

She...uhhh...slept around a lot before we got married.  Her father - God rest his soul - told me this.  I didn't know this, and never told her I knew.

I think she tried the monogamy thing with me for those 4 years, but she (?) didn't like it = best guess.

I traveled a lot then, so she had plenty of opportunity for infidelity.  Don't know if she took advantage of it.

Ahh....whaddya gonna do?  

Give robert a phone call and clue him in?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

I honestly don't know.

She...uhhh...slept around a lot before we got married.  Her father - God rest his soul - told me this.  I didn't know this, and never told her I knew.

Ahh....whaddya gonna do?  

Give robert a phone call and clue him in?

She married Robert - guess they stayed married 5 years or so, then my ex had an affair, and history repeats itself.

My daughter will not give me Robert's last name.  And has told me she wants me here and not ...well...in trouble.  Daughter is now 22 years old.

EDIT:

Should also add the ex told my daughter lies.

Here's one - daughter hated to be told what to do from a very early age.  Used to push her dinner off her height chair tray.    One day, I'm in suit pants and tee shirt, running late, trying to sit down and scarf some spaghetti.  Daughter pushed her spaghetti plate in my lap.

I had enough.

Scooped up the spaghetti onto the plate, and plaster it in the middle of my daughter's chest.  And I said, "How do you like it?"

Her eyes got HUGE, she took the deepest breath I've ever seen, and screamed bloody murder.

Never pushed her food off again.

Anyway, the ex told her I "threw" it in her face.  Abusive, temper tantrum like.

There were many more lies.

My daughter and I have always been close, but she kept these lies hidden from me.  And I never maligned the ex while talking to my daughter.  I always figured the truth would come out.

About three years ago, she started asking questions.  

I answered them.

And we're closer than ever.

Lately, her mother has been - crap don't know how to say it and not give exact details - ex is trying to manipulate daughter into doing what the ex wants.  It's pretty ugly, and my ex and daughter may eventually part company - and for a long while.

It's interesting to watch a highly intelligent child grow, ask questions, realize they've been lied to, and call their parent to the carpet.  

Not pretty mind you...but as I say:  It's all on the wheel.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
... Daughter is now 22 years old.

* ears perking up *
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#48]
My ex-wife constantly bugged me when I moved out and got my own place during the separation.  I finally had to tell her off and told her that I would have her locked up for stalking and harassing phone calls.  Got my divorce, met a wonderful woman, and now happily married.  A year later, she text msgs my cell, asking how I'm doing.  I went straight to the cell phone store and got my number changed now.  Some psychos can't get a clue.

ETA:  I've come across her new address and phone numbers.  I'm thinking about sending her
          a package from here
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#49]
The 'crawling back' BS is just to phuque with you and your new G/F. My G/F at the time fell for it since she had done it to her X. Just glad that I shucked of both of them.

Success is the best revenge.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... Daughter is now 22 years old.

* ears perking up *

Blond hair, blue eyes, 5'6", 110 or so lbs.
Upperclassman attacked her at The Citadel - she grabbed a drill rifle and biffed him in the head - I forget how many stitches he got.

Guy tried to rob her with a knife at a gas station.  She kicked him in the jaw.  He was still unconscious when the LEOs arrived.  Fool tried to sue her, too.

She prefers a .357 revolver.

Me and a few friends taught her very, very, well.

HAHA!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top