BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was about 180lbs (Sort of overweight, I guess) pre-11/2/05, then the girl I was planning to propose to this Christmas snapped mentally and dumped me for an absolute loser. Since then I've dropped down to 149. I'm 5-11. My parents know all the crap that's happened in the past weeks and got worried because I've lost so much weight. However, is it really that big of a concern? They don't like the fact that I don't eat a lot everyday like I used to (Of course, one of my reasons for happiness is gone, but that's just me).

Can't seem to find one of those body mass index things online, so HIVEMIND..umm....

You need to eat.  I am only 5'9" and I am about 165lbs and I am sort of skinny/muscular.  I can only imagine how skinny you look.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When I left for AF Basic Training I was 150. At the end of training I weighed in at 113 and I am 5-7.

In ARMY basic training I went in at 141lbs and 6'3" and came out 185lbs.  Drill Sgts would send you thru the chow line twice and MAKE you eat it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From the National Institutes of Health

www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/wecan/learn-it/bmi-chart.htm

um, yea.  i am 6'3.  at 250 i have a little bit of a pot belly.  at 220 i look skinny.  200 and i look like i have a eating disorder.  their target for me is...   176?  i would look like i came out of a concentration camp.  BMI is total bull shit.  no, i take that back.  it's dangerous.  

You sure it's just a "little bit" of a pot belly?  j/k

6'4" 235, softer in the middle than I'd like.

fadedsun, IMHO it all depends on your body type. Are you "big boned" or are you slighter in stature? I've known people that were 5'7" and 185 lbs but they weren't overweight. All depends on your body type.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

um, yea.  i am 6'3.  at 250 i have a little bit of a pot belly.  at 220 i look skinny.  200 and i look like i have a eating disorder.  their target for me is...   176?  i would look like i came out of a concentration camp.  BMI is total bull shit.  no, i take that back.  it's dangerous.  

fadedsun, IMHO it all depends on your body type. Are you "big boned" or are you slighter in stature? I've known people that were 5'7" and 185 lbs but they weren't overweight. All depends on your body type.

Definetly 'slighter'. I'm not big, by any stretch, but not asian-skinny.

I've been 5-11 since I was 14, lowest I've ever weight since then is about 100 pound. Always been a skinny boy.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definetly 'slighter'. I'm not big, by any stretch, but not asian-skinny.

I've been 5-11 since I was 14, lowest I've ever weight since then is about 100 pound. Always been a skinny boy.

Then as long as you have energy and can hold your head up without help, you are probably fine!

I've historically been a little overweight but once got down to 193 lbs. I am what you'd say "big boned" and I looked like a RAIL. I had no energy. None. I feel best when I'm around 220 but without riding the exercise bike 30 minutes a day for months (which I have no time to do) I won't be losing the extra 15 anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I know what thats like. Ive always been tall, thin ectomorph body type. I saterted college at around 6' 2'' 150lbs. Three years later Im now up to around 180. Thats all from lifting weights. If you have the body type that cant put on fat then go to the gym, start a weight routine with the help of someone who knows proper technique. Stay determined and lift hard, but give yourself plenty of rest time between working the same muscle groups. Also, nutrition is key. Start eating a bigger breakfast, taking protein supplements and most importantly drink lots and lots of water. Try eating more often, optimally 5 or six times a day. Also, dont neglect lower body stuff when working out, like squats, leg press, etc. Lifting hard with your legs stimulates hormones and growth in all other areas. Youll get there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
5-10, 155.

haven't measured body fat in years, but it is similar to when i last pinch tested at 4%.

peak weight, which was during high school when i was on 10,000 calories/day to gain weight for college FB:  168

that said, your actual weight isn't the problem.  your short-term weight drop is.  solution--instead of forcing yourself to "eat more", make sure that you keep a regular eating schedule.  breakfast, lunch, dinner.  if you're not very hungry, don't eat much, but do sit down and have something for each meal.  your appetite will return.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Last night I went with my parents to Captain D's. They're both sort of worried about my dramatic weight loss, so they helped me console over a big platter of fish, shrimp, fries, and hushpuppies .

Tonight it was A large pizza with Olives/mushrooms/ and pepperoni.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 20 yo, 5'11" 155 lbs.

I would same I look pretty average, a bit on the skinny side
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top