Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 4:37:25 PM EDT
I'd tell my woman to clean it up, and then to cook me dinner.

Yourself?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yuppie

That was just tooooooo funny!!!!!!!! I am still laughing. That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while

AKASL
LIVE FREE OR DIE
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Get rid of the fan and try anf figure out where the "round" came from, and make sure to shut that "arty" down! [bounce]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
[}:D] I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I would go spend the night in an alternate location!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably kill my dog with the fan.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That depends...is the fan pre or post ban???
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yuppie, you are obviously whipped.

My woman would know to clean it up before I said anything, and she damn sure knows what time dinner is supposed to be on the table.

Gotta go, I think I hear her coming....
View Quote

Yes, I do believe you're right. I whipped and pathetic. I need a new bitch.

But, ya gotta live with what you have....
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd shoot the hostage. Oh, wait, what are we talking about?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, how about a serious answer (while you guys are getting yer as whooped by yer old ladies!) Seriously, I spent a long time thinking about and then preparing my "Bug out Bag", It contains everything I would need to get by for 3 days anywhere. Includes a handgun, ammo, simple camping gear, $200 cash (for food, gas, whatever), a couple changes of clothes (nothing bright or standout).  The beauty of this is is the stuff does hit the fan you are all ready packed!  My contingenct plan (If I have more time to pack and a place to put it) is to grab the trusty SP1 and a bunch of loaded mags, extra clothings specifically for the climate I'll be heading for, maps, etc.  But the Bug Out Bag is ready to go.  I grab it, I'm gone in 5 seconds if need be.  Concider it.  BillSP1 out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay, how about a serious answer (while you guys are getting yer as whooped by yer old ladies!) Seriously, I spent a long time thinking about and then preparing my "Bug out Bag", It contains everything I would need to get by for 3 days anywhere. Includes a handgun, ammo, simple camping gear, $200 cash (for food, gas, whatever), a couple changes of clothes (nothing bright or standout).  The beauty of this is is the stuff does hit the fan you are all ready packed!  My contingenct plan (If I have more time to pack and a place to put it) is to grab the trusty SP1 and a bunch of loaded mags, extra clothings specifically for the climate I'll be heading for, maps, etc.  But the Bug Out Bag is ready to go.  I grab it, I'm gone in 5 seconds if need be.  Concider it.  BillSP1 out.
View Quote

At least you're not paranoid!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me get this straight, the bag has an extra fan in it, is that what you are saying??

If you are truly a SHTF kinda guy where would you go really?? Because a lot of people will do the exact same thing you are bug out. To where is the question and how, the roads would be crowded, impassable. Better to stay at home all nice and quiet like.

And you could work on cleaning that fan.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously, I spent a long time thinking about and then preparing my "Bug out Bag", It contains everything I would need to get by for 3 days anywhere.
View Quote

It is good that you gather a small kit together so that you family could survive a little while while on your own.  I saw on a KCET(a local PBS affiliate) produced video for SoCal earthquake emergencies, the host on the show has several backpacks and duffle bags with various survival supplies. After he survived the previous Northridge, CA earthquake he said that he didn't have enough water.  He had 2 55 gal BBLs of water for a family of 4.  On the show he said that they he had to increase it to 3.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
One can never understate the importance of water in a shtf situation.  Wiping down the room without thoroughly scrubbing and rinsing all surfaces is often considered bad form.  I know this because s apparently htf in my place a while back, when the sewer decided it wasn't taking any more crap. I went looking for my bug-out kit, but do you think it contained five gallons of bleach, stacks of disposable shoes and gloves, bricks of sponges, cartons of garbage bags, a gallon of industrial cleanser, four mops, two large buckets, replacement fans, dehumidifiers and a drum of warm sudsy water?  Nooo...

This is probably also an appropriate place to share my experience regarding sewer drain valves.  If you get one, be sure to get the kind that allows one way drainage... not the pool plug variety.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
If SHTF I would deny any part in it and blame it on someone else. A plan worthy of a democrat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
OKay, we are talking different scenarios here.  If it was for when the gov decides to start collecting our guns, you are right the roads would be plugged, best to defend the homestead.  And while waiting to see what would hpped at the end of 1999, I did have a barrel of water in  the tub, just in case, and canned goods ready.  My "Bug Out Bag", is for when you are being persued by bad guys or if you have to leave on a moments notice to go after someone.  By the time you could think up what to take, gather it  and get it packed it would take at least an hour and you would totally forget some important stuff. If you are after someone minutes can make a big difference.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]
If I told you, then it wouldnt be a secret anymore, now would it?    

Confusious say "Discretion is the better part of valor"
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I WOULD STOP THE FAN.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I only have ceiling fans. I figure if the s gets that high, I would have already left the house. Next question?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, I do believe you're right. I whipped and pathetic. I need a new bitch.

But, ya gotta live with what you have....
View Quote

With an attitude like that I think she is the one that will be doing the replacing.

Tell me,if your such "The Man" how come your nuckles were bleeding and not her's????

sgtar15

[b]Next on [url]www.Foxnews.com[/url]...."When frigerators attack!!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[}:D] I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! [}:D]
View Quote

What's this?  You sir are threatening to kill someone!?!?!?  This is conduct unbecoming of an AR15.com Goderator.  Please edit your post so I am not forced to contact the authorities.

BTW, I'm well aware of the fact that you will most likely delete this post, so I took the liberty of taking a screen shot to post later on down the road.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#23]
When SHTF I'm inviting Gov. Thug's wife over to protect me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Id be headin back to St. Croix USVI (and yall think that Kalifornia is strict on guns....The Virgin Islands have worse laws on the books even though nobody pays atention to them).
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Like clockwork, someone inquires about a SHTF scenario.  What's with you people?  You really think that the government will use a national emergency to confiscate your guns?  "State of Emergency?"  Who'd enforce it?  The only entity large enough to establish a "State of Emergency" would be the military and I don't think its leadership is inclined to root out the armed citizenry. It's too large of an operation and there would certainly be resistance within the ranks.  

This is not Bosnia or Russia or China.  Our military has a long tradition of respecting democracy unlike the aforementioned states. While a case can be made for a Posse Comitatus violation in Waco, I don't believe the entire military would support such a large scale operation.

And some of you guys.  Whoowee!  I certainly enjoy hearing you (mostly on previous posts) preen and posture about how "tuff" and "dangerous" you'd be if they came "knocking on the door for your guns."  I bet you'd be the first ones on your knees and say "Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't know I was supposed to turn them in.  Here they are.  I'm sorry."

The fact of the matter is if we ever are faced with that scenario, we probably and realistically don't know what exactly we'd do.  And those who truly would resist, are the ones who wouldn't feel the need to trash talk here.

Asbestos underwear on.

Michigander in Maryland

Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#26]
MIerinMD, I believe this was a satirical post asking what if actual feces hit an actual fan, not a figurative SHTF, martial law, UN invasion, Tin-Foil-Beanie embargo, or nuclear war question.

Don't those undies itch?? Relax set a spell, enjoy, and loosen up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And some of you guys.  Whoowee!  I certainly enjoy hearing you (mostly on previous posts) preen and posture about how "tuff" and "dangerous" you'd be if they came "knocking on the door for your guns."  I bet you'd be the first ones on your knees and say "Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't know I was supposed to turn them in.  Here they are.  I'm sorry."

The fact of the matter is if we ever are faced with that scenario, we probably and realistically don't know what exactly we'd do.  And those who truly would resist, are the ones who wouldn't feel the need to trash talk here.

Asbestos underwear on.

Michigander in Maryland

View Quote

Happened to me.  Pre-dawn raid for allegedly having an old address on a single registration form.  Long story, but that's how I got my AR. After years in court I received an apology and the return of all but one gun.  I go back to court tomorrow for the next phase in securing the return of my FAL.

The fact of the matter is that shtf scenarios are not realistic except in the case of my aforementioned basement.  I've been there and I know what I'd do - fight 'em legally and get involved on the political front.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Don't those undies itch?? Relax set a spell, enjoy, and loosen up.
View Quote

Yeah they do.  Especially mine which are the ....ahem...."deep dish" type. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Head for Wahington DC. Guns are outlawed there so DC is perfectly safe [whacko]

Not dangerous like here in No. Virginia.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Call in for a dust off, pop some smoke...wait and worry?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quickly strip down
Smear the shit into my hair
Replace my tinfoil hat
Stick the remenants of the fan in my ass
Put on my fins
Run up and down A1A in Ft.Lauderdale screaming SUV's are the cancer of the environment.
[bounce]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top