Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:18 PM EDT
FORT SUMNER, New Mexico (AP) -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:39:34 PM EDT
believe it or not, mice live for about 20-30 seconds after being lit on fire.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:41:42 PM EDT
Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:42:40 PM EDT
I have seen them live longer than that, saw a burning Jack Rabbit catch a good mile of pasture on fire before he froze up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:50:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
I have seen them live longer than that, saw a burning Jack Rabbit catch a good mile of pasture on fire before he froze up.

Gotta ask, the rabbit caught fire how?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:51:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By m-dc:

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:

Gotta ask, the rabbit caught fire how?

probably as bored as I was was when me and the boys started trapping, dousing with lysol, and igniting mice while in kuwait
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:04:40 PM EDT
He was in a pile of Brush we were burning, in some bad grass fires I have seen all kinds of animals on fire spreading fire across roads and firebreaks every time we though the fire was under control a burning bird or rabbit or deer would jump it into a new fuel source. I think that farmer burnt about half the county that week fire burned ofr 3 days before it was finally really put out.

For the record I have never intentionally set a live animal on fire.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 3:07:51 PM EDT by DK-Prof]
There is another - but your thread was first !

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=425697
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:13:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 19suburban96:
FORT SUMNER, New Mexico (AP) -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.
"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Why would you do that???
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:17:42 PM EDT
This is just another reason to keep lots of cats around the house!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:27:47 PM EDT
Every now and then the little guy wins one doesn't he?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
Top Top